CPC traning question

HI all, Need to advise on CPC training. I passed my LGV and CPC test in june 2013 and have done no CPC training there after. at what point do I need to start doing cpc retrainingto keep the cpc up to date, when will I ?, for how long ? and how much will I exspect to pay. All thses things I need to find out about as I want to keep my CPC valid, IF any one can help here I would apricate it.many thanks.

gov.uk/check-your-driver-cp … ning-hours

You can check on your valid cpc hours here.

I would be interested in a definitive answer to this as I have someone in a similar situation.

I think you need to do 35 hours of DPC before 5 years has elapsed from when you did your “new driver initial DCPC thing” (the pointing at a ratchet strap thing ?).

If you don’t do it by then you won’t be able to drive “professionally” from then on. Does not affect your entitlement to drive, you could drive your personal showtruck, horsebox etc. as much as you like.

Your situation will remain like that until you complete the 5 x 7 hour DPC sessions. Or whatever alternative you might do like ADR, forklift, operator CPC etc. to get hours credited. (where those courses are accredited for DCPC)

Completing them will reset the clock for another 5 years.

That’s how I see it but I am happy for someone to persuade me I am wrong as , like I said, I have someone in a very similar position and for a particular reason will probably not have done the 35 hours by the 5 year anniversary. (Which is not a problem in itself for us at that time).

You need to do 35 hours of periodic training before your current DQC expires.

If you passed the initial driver CPC in 2013 it will expire this year, that’s 5 years from when you passed.

When you’ve completed the 35 hours training you will be good for another 5 years from the expiry date of your current DQC.

Sent from my mobile.

Find the expiry date on your card and get planning the where, when and how you do your required training. If employed does your company have anything in place if Ltd, self employed you pays your money and make your choice. Factors that may be worth considering is the training local, can you do a week & do all 5 modules, do you need any other tickets (ADR, HIAB, Forklift) that need renewing and are DCPC acceptable.

I thought it was a 5 year card…but i took my training in October 2011…and it expires in September 2019 which is 8 years…so time to organise one for next year if i am to continue. i wonder if the new one will last for the same amount of time.

truckyboy:
I thought it was a 5 year card…but i took my training in October 2011…and it expires in September 2019 which is 8 years…so time to organise one for next year if i am to continue. i wonder if the new one will last for the same amount of time.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think you had acquired rights for the first 5 years, so if you did 35 hours training in 2011 it would take your DCPC qualification up to 2019.

When you do the next lot of 35 hours training it will take your DQC to 2024.
Sent from my mobile.