CPC Periodic Training

I am aware of the periodic training we must now do.As part of my driver training I attended an ‘LGV Essentials’ course.I was looking to book a couple of days towards the Drivers CPC and noticed that what is covered in the CPC course is exactly what we covered on the ‘LGV Essentials’ course last year. Have I effectively wasted over £300 or can it count towards the CPC? I haven’t been able to find the answer anywhere else yet.

Signaller

Courses can only be used towards CPC if they are approved by JAUPT, taken after sept 2009, and the upload and attendance fees are paid for the course before the course starts i.e courses cannot be retrospectively put on to count to cpc hours once you have taken them.

I’m sure this info is how it is. ROG will no doubt put us right

garnerlives:
Courses can only be used towards CPC if they are approved by JAUPT, … courses cannot be retrospectively put on to count to cpc hours once you have taken them.

I’m sure this info is how it is. ROG will no doubt put us right

Me too :smiley: :smiley:

Signaller:
Have I effectively wasted over £300

Matter of opinion - if you learnt much then no - if you mean, could I have saved my money towards Dcpc courses which covered exactly the same, then yes

There are other Dcpc courses that are likely to be different to what you did

Thank you both for your replies.I actually did my training through Pathway (deceased).Like many others, I wasn’t aware that I could have gone to the training school direct.If I have to do the full 35 hours periodic traning, then so be it.I’ll continue looking for a way in to driving.As I said in another thread,I did manage to get some driving in with a local firm but there is nothing going with them right now.Thanks again.

Regards

Signaller

You have until 09/09/2014 to get those 35 hours in and you may be lucky to get a job where the company has their own Dcpc courses

On the subject of Periodic CPC i had a chat with a gentleman yesterday who’s just recieved his JAUPT approval. A really nice chap who’s just getting up and running and will be only to willing to help with regard to the Driver CPC Training. Under the heading of Mitchell Training Solutions Ltd, give Brett Mitchell a call on 07939 479716 or check out his website at www.mitchelltrainingsolutions.com and tel him Paul from Hindley Green LGV training passed this on to ya :smiley:

Thanks for that Paul.Will contact them later today and let you know how I go.Thanks again.

Regards

Andy

Signaller:
Thanks for that Paul.Will contact them later today and let you know how I go.

Remember to search around as there are many companies doing Dcpc training and prices vary quite a bit :bulb: