CPC Included with LGV training query

Hi

I’ve been reading through a few different posts and noticed comments on people getting CPC hours just for doing there LGV training. I did my class 2 training last week and as far as I’m aware my training didn’t go towards my CPC. How are some people getting this?

Thanks Justin

Depends on who you done this with & if they are registered with jaupta to give you the hours or not

I got 7 hours when I done my CE last year

jusholmes:
Hi

I’ve been reading through a few different posts and noticed comments on people getting CPC hours just for doing there LGV training. I did my class 2 training last week and as far as I’m aware my training didn’t go towards my CPC. How are some people getting this?

Thanks Justin

The training school must firstly have the practical training hours approved for periodic dcpc
Most schools that have are approved for a 7 hour course and use that 7 hours many times if possible during a course whether that be in daily 7 hours or in two half days of 3.5 hours to make a block of 7

A trainee who already has LGV C1 and is doing C or has C and is doing C+E can get dcpc hours for the training provided it is an approved periodic dcpc course - that will cost more than the basic LGV training course fee because the dcpc uploads, admin, overheads etc must also be covered

A trainee doing C without any other LGV category on their licence cannot get periodic dcpc hours for this as they need to take and pass initial dcpc first which are modules 2 theory and 4 practical

If the course is approved and the trainee agrees to pay for the dcpc bit then it depend how long each non test day they are in the training vehicle - test day cannot count for dcpc

5 day course with test on day 5 doing 2 to 1 all day can get each trainee 28 hours of dcpc
5 half days with test on day 5 doing 1 to 1 can get the trainee 14 hours of dcpc

dcpc hours are not automatically given as many seem to think - it must be arranged by trainee and training school in advance

Thanks animal and ROG for the replies. Shame my training never had the cpc with it I would have gladly paid extra to have knocked some hours of the 35.