Driver CPC Periodic Training

Hi Guys,

I’m booked in for my 35 hours CPC training in March (having a C1 on my licence means I skipped the Initial CPC) and wondered what would happen on the course to fill up 35 hours? Anyone been through the process & can enlighten me? (my C category trainer was v.dissmissive of the 25 hour training requirement & as he had been driving trucks for 40+ years, it was a case of sod it, he was not doing it & would stick to training others until he retired - he is 71 atm)

Guess that’s why there is a driver “shortage” as the old boys just don’t want to sit in classroom with us newbies and be taught how to ■■■■ eggs… :unamused:

The 35 hours could be anything - there are loads of different 7 hours courses so any 5 could be put in a row to make up the 35

The course provider should be able to inform you what courses they are using and be able to give you an overview of each

As a C1 holder you did have the option of finding a LGV training provider who had their practical C and CE courses approved for dcpc hours so you could have done both at the same time

As a C1 holder you did have the option of finding a LGV training provider who had their practical C and CE courses approved for dcpc hours so you could have done both at the same time

Unfortuantly, as a newbie I did’nt realise this before I booked my practical lessons (sigh). However, retest next month after the CPC course so fingers crossed that I will be up & running by April