CPC National EXAMS

Hi All

does anyone know if they are changing the CPC exams at the end of this year?
I have just sat my exams for units 1, 2, 4 in march and awaiting results. hoping have passed all three because if not then i cannot resit any till september (holiday in june…)
bit concerned that if i have to re-sit and don’t pass them all by the end of the year it will all be in vain, and will have to do a new exam,
On the day of the exam the examiner their said that OCR would not be doing the exams at the end of this year, so something is happening.

Yes there are some changes planned, can’t remember exactly what at the moment !, I’ll see if I can dig something out when I get home

Novadata’s CPC National Freight & Passenger can now count as a full 35 hours* of Driver CPC!

We have now gained JAUPT approval for our Certificate of Professional Competence National Freight & Passenger course to count as the full 35 hours of Driver CPC periodic training. This complies with the legal requirement for drivers to receive their Driver Qualification Card (DQC) by completing their 35 hours of periodic training before September 9th 2013 for passenger and September 9th 2014 for freight.

National and International
The Goods Vehicles (Licensing of Operators) Act 1995 was designed to implement EC Directives 96/26EC and subordinate legislation with regard to the occupation of road haulage operations.

Please Note:

In future, from a specified date, all new candidates taking the Transport Manager CPC exams will be required to also pass the international element. However, those who held a National CPC on the date specified will continue to be authorised to manage domestic operations and will be permitted to sit the international element to ‘upgrade’ to the full CPC qualification if they wish to be named on an international operator licence.

The regulations state that an operator who seeks a standard National or International Licence MUST satisfy the Licensing Authority that he/she is either professionally competent or employs someone as a transport manager who is professionally competent and is of good repute.
In this context, only an INDIVIDUAL PERSON can be professionally competent and to become this, the person must pass the CPC examinations set by the Oxford, Cambridge and Royal Society of Arts, Examinations Board (OCR). The examination for a National CPC consists of three modules (with a further module to cover International Operations). All three (or four if also taking the International exam) are set on the same day.

To attain a CPC, ALL candidates must pass or have passed the core module 1. Freight National is achieved after additionally passing modules 2 and 4, or passing modules 1, 2 and 4 together. Freight International is achieved by holding passes in modules 1, 2 and 4 and additionally passing module 6; or, passing modules 1, 2, 4 and 6 together. Passenger National is achieved by holding module 1 and passing modules 3 and 5; or, passing modules 1, 3 and 5 together. Passenger International is achieved by holding modules 1, 3 and 5 and passing module 7; or, passing modules 1, 3, 5 and 7 together.

The examinations take place four times a year in March, June, September and December. (Twice a year for International Passenger)

A separate examination is required in order to obtain a passenger (bus and coach) operators licence. Courses for these are arranged according to demand.

Updating from pre-October 1999 National to International certificates

Candidates who achieved their National Certificate prior to October 1999 can no longer upgrade to an International Certificate by simply sitting Module 6 or 7 alone. This means that candidates who wish to obtain the International CPC from September 2004 must take the full international examinations.
This decision was made a number of years ago, when the format of the qualification significantly changed to include case study papers. The decision to make this change was taken by the Transport Qualification Committee, made up, in part by representatives from industry and professional bodies including the Road Haulage Association and the Department of Transport.

If im reading that right you’ll no longer be able to sit the national on its own you’ll need to do the whole she bang. Thus making a hard process even harder and longer to pass whilst maybe a large proportion of TM’S will never send their wagons abroad, seems daft :confused:

You only get a international if your business demands it now you need it even if your business doesn’t :confused:

I should get my results in a few weeks hopefully i’ll pass to miss out on all this ■■■■■■■■.

merc0447:
If im reading that right you’ll no longer be able to sit the national on its own you’ll need to do the whole she bang. Thus making a hard process even harder and longer to pass whilst maybe a large proportion of TM’S will never send their wagons abroad, seems daft :confused:
You only get a international if your business demands it now you need it even if your business doesn’t :confused:

Ahh European legistlation I reckon, why do we need to do National and International any more? T forms are a thing of the past and aren’t all the Euro Zone countries adopting all the same traffic laws (more or less)?

One simple course would suffice but no! They will be telling you that you have to do a course and sit an exam before you can have a tom ■■■ on a French toilet next - even though you have no intention of stooping so low. :laughing: :laughing:

Well all those reply’s has confused me, hopefully when i get my result in a couple of weeks i will pass.
i take it any of us who pass the national only this year, have a choice then weather to do international. but afterwards when you take this course it must be done?