NEW Road Haulage CPC LINK to OCR [Updated Feb 2013]

Removed the post as I found my answer in a thread just 4 places down from this one Durrrrrrrrr!!! my bad :unamused:

I passed my national and international CPC in 1985, i am now retired, if i did want to re-enter the trade would these qualifications be still valid or would i need to pass further exams.

El Griffo:
I passed my national and international CPC in 1985, i am now retired, if i did want to re-enter the trade would these qualifications be still valid or would i need to pass further exams.

Hi El Griffo,

Your Nat and Int CPC qualifications are valid for life, and that’s without the need to re-qualify. :smiley:

Thanks for that Dave although i doubt if i will ever need them again.

could anyone take a look at this?

and this

Looks like since 2012 there is some kind of online e-testing software… and no division to national/international cpc…

Has there been any changes I may not be aware of?

New Link:
New Link [Updated 28/02/2013]

Nolan:
and no division to national/international, passanger/road haulage cpc…

Has there been any changs I may not be aware of?

Yes. To my knowledge, it has now been combined into one set of tests.

I might be wrong but one o the other more knowledgable will put me right if so.

I do seem to remember Harry Monk saying it was all changing just after he took his.

national/international road haulage is all covered under 1 course now.
i have just started mine today at bradford,the course instructer has said that you are unable to download the case scenrios now,OCR have stopped it releasing them,however it is now an open book exam for the part 2 case scenario.

…

…

Right… so you say that it’s all now covered by a single qualification? I’m asking because on OCR’s fees list there are 3 modules we need to pay for. One is multiple choice another is case study… and then yet one more: international operations.

Nolan:
Right… so you say that it’s all now covered by a single qualification?

Hi Nolan,

Yes, as from the start of this year, the operator CPC is now a single qualification.

The effect of this is that the old idea of separate ‘national’ and ‘international’ CPCs is no more, and has been replaced by a single CPC covering both in one.

Nolan:
I’m asking because on OCR’s fees list there are 3 modules we need to pay for. One is multiple choice another is case study… and then yet one more: international operations.

The above ‘combined’ CPC started this year, but for those who hadn’t quite got a full set of passes under the old scheme, there are a couple of chances this year for them to gain the last pass to complete the set.
You could view this as a changeover provision, but the idea of a separate international CPC won’t affect you if you’ve only started your CPC studies this year.

The new link to the ‘combined’ operator CPC info from OCR is here:

:arrow_right: New Link [Updated 28/02/2013]

alte hase:
I passed cpc national back in 1989, either oct or nov, have lost it , during house moves, is there any way to ‘recover’ it, have been told it will count for nothing if you don’t do int by end of this year, is that correct?, I’m just a driver but wouldn’t mind keeping this qualification just for the sake of it.

Hi alte hase,

I’m afraid that if you passed a ‘national’ CPC in 1989, your opportunity to put an ‘international’ CPC with it is already long gone. :frowning:

Back in 1989 the qualification was different and it was even adminsistered by a different exam board, so I’m afraid that you’ll remain as a ‘national’ CPC holder unless you take the new ‘combined’ qualification.

:bulb: I did both of my CPCs at the same time under the old scheme, so I’m also an alte Hase. :wink:

…

I passed the new cpc multiple choice in march this year and the case study in september i have a certificate for each,i then sent copies with i.d to ocr and got a 3rd cert which i am told links them together how do i get the brown cpc paper for proof of cpc for the traffic commissioners office.

Dan Punchard:
I passed the new cpc multiple choice in march this year and the case study in september i have a certificate for each,i then sent copies with i.d to ocr and got a 3rd cert which i am told links them together how do i get the brown cpc paper for proof of cpc for the traffic commissioners office.

I have at last been added as TM to my own licence after i got ocr keyskills to confirm to tc office that my cert is actually the new style CPC

If anyone is looking for past exam papers for the haulage cpc but are having a hard time finding anything pm me for some links

If you’ve lost your CPC certificate, please click the link:
:arrow_right: http://www.ocr.org.uk/images/16454-replacement-certificate-application-form-cpc.pdf
This link was updated on 28/02/13

This info below is publicly available, but not well publiscised, so I’m providing links to it to give you an edge on exam day. :wink:
Below is a link to the OCR Road Haulage start-page.

WADR guys, I’d stress the following:

1.) Please scroll when you land on the page.

2.) You can discover the commonest reasons for failures by reading the Chief Examiner’s reports.
(You can easily learn how to avoid the mistakes made by others… for free. :smiley:)

3.) For best results, please take some time to read the stuff carefully and follow any instructions and guidance with care, because it’s your time and money after all. :wink:

4.) Please take the time to read the syllabus, because it gives the game away so without reading it, you won’t know whether you are correctly prepared for the exams.

For downloadable documents relating to the Road Haulage CPC, please …

Click this link to OCR

:arrow_right: I wish you every success in your efforts. :smiley:

:bulb: Edited yet again on 28th Feb 2013 to keep up with changes to the OCR website. :unamused:

made sticky…Denis F

Thanks for the links, very useful indeed. They also just scared the … out of me as I’m hoping to sit the March exam, and I haven’t a clue what half that stuff was. You may be getting a few more posts as I get closer.

Cheers!

Kaabal2008:
Thanks for the links, very useful indeed. They also just scared the … out of me as I’m hoping to sit the March exam, and I haven’t a clue what half that stuff was. You may be getting a few more posts as I get closer.

Cheers!

Hi Kaabal2008 WELCOME

:smiley: I’m glad you enjoyed the links :wink:

:open_mouth: There’s nothing like going into something with your eyes open. :open_mouth:

Completely forgot to introduce myself into the forum, too busy freaking out on the CPC. It’s been interesting reading the views on O/D, it’s something I want to get into. Trouble is I can’t see how you can make money out of it.

I will keep reading :open_mouth: