Corby Chilled + others in the area

Hi All,

This was advertiested in the local paper this weekend in Gainsborough for Class C+E drivers with 4 shifts Nights or Days on Sun-Thurs or Tues-Sat

Question… any idea on Pay rates for these guys? and what are they like against a driver like me with 1 year experience with C and C+E? (I prefer to de trucking or RDC to build up the experience as I smashed up a trailer last dec - whistles)

I am keeping my ears open… I know about the Thorne Depot on the M18 (DHL) - that is opening in Jan07, Currys in Newark are a no-no as I need 2 years!

Brakes of Grantham are looking for drivers… but there is no way I am doing Chilled handball - I did it before with another firm and I walked out after 1 month (and he was reported to VOSA at the same time - bloody cowboy!)

So… any one else in the area looking?

xlthunter:
I know about the Thorne Depot on the M18 (DHL) - that is opening in Jan07

They won’t be looking for 2 years exp. Starting off as 40ft to RDCs then moving to wagon and drag drop boxes to Outbases.

if its newark your on about ,sun to thurs is 22,520 [works out at 433 p.w,paid 55 hrs p.w]. i think 4 shifts is about 10 p.w less .
go to r.d.c ,reverse on bay if tesco , morr and wait to get tiped ,if is it aldi tip it yourself, then do a pick up yourself on way back .
there is some multi drop so im informed but most is just one hit .
dont know about 2 yrs experiance .
did some work for d.h.l and i thought dragging freezers ,washing machines around was harder work than moving pallets round.
brakes did it 2/3 yrs ago and the night trunk was a doddle a to b [sit in canteen,or truck] then back to a.
also did the welcome break services [hanball ,cages ,pallets ] and it did make you sweat but ive had worse .

treasures, grantham all ways seem to be looking but dont know anything other than that about them.
been rumours for a long time of stobarts opening a depot at gonerby moor .
also heard a rumour of asda taking over the old b and Q depot [ t.d.g] at grantham [ came from a asda employee who works on the meat counter in grantham].
is salvos ,easton nr grantham to far ,think they want drivers.

ady1:
treasures, grantham all ways seem to be looking but dont know anything other than that about them.

When I was at Irlam’s (Grantham) a couple of driver jumped ship to go to Jo Treasure’s. AFAIWA they had a good reputation, to work for.

xlthunter:
I am keeping my ears open… I know about the Thorne Depot on the M18 (DHL) - that is opening in Jan07, Currys in Newark are a no-no as I need 2 years!

Have you actually tried Currys. With most 2 years is just a ballpark figure.

They can only say no :wink:

Stan

Stanley Knife:
Have you actually tried Currys. With most 2 years is just a ballpark figure.

They can only say no :wink:

Stan

Hi Stan

I did last year… but your right it is ball park and I have moved on from then…

I still have the transport manager name in my nogging so will write out another letter and CV and go from there again.

Are you in the depot stan?

No, not in the depot. Have never worked for them.

Just a generalisation about the 2 years.

Stan

xlthunter was it rts by chance■■?

who is rts holliefabbabe?

if you dont know them thats good ,keep it like that, a day run is in a artic is from newark to painton , reload shepton mallet on way back to the yard. all in a day

try nisa (bibbys) at scunthorpe

holliefabbabe:
if you dont know them thats good ,keep it like that, a day run is in a artic is from newark to painton , reload shepton mallet on way back to the yard. all in a day

thats around 860 kms. impossible in a day, legally :wink:

Have you tried Leanings or Brashes. Im told by an old hand Brashes was/is a good job to be on. Also Bradshaws seem to of bought some new units this year so must still be getting plenty of work.

A update really here

I worked at Bradhsaws for 2 weeks before going to Nisa last year (had both interviews on the same week) - and Nisa told me I got the job a week in the Bradhsaw job - confusing or what!

Anyway… DHL in newark are taking me on now and I am very pleased :slight_smile:

Night Trucking as I asked for… but on Double Deckers! (gulp!)