Wages question! DHL, Salversons, Brakes Bros, Corby chilled

Does anyone know the wages and shift pattens for these companies. DHL, Salversons, Brakes Bros, Corby chilled.

This is based on c+e and will be East Midlands rates (Newark).
Can any drivers who work for these companies give me up to date info ie. hours, perks, wages per annum + is it worth working for!!

Many tnx and a happy new year

Hi Stal,

I have worked for ALL of them on agency and have worked for DHL on a permanent basis.

Corby Chilled are apparently on £21k a year for 4 on 3 off but one of the shifts must include a day of the weekend, they have been advertising recently in the Grantham and Newark papers as long as you dont mind doing long hours and sitting at Tesco for up to 4 hours at a time the job is very clean, new motors and the management are not that bad really the one downfall is there are a lot of blue eyed boys who will get the short shifts.

DHL i presume you mean on the Mastercare/Dixons contract is quite a good job and AFAIK the day lads are on £85 a shift and the nights lads £95 a shift as long as you dont mind handballing washing machines and other kitchen white goods to the edge of the trailer that again is quite a good job most of the work i did was run to DC and return MT a good job run by excellent management now that a certain individual has gone somewhere else, but like Corby and anywhere else it has a lot of blue eyed boys.

I spat my dummy out and lost a good job there a few years ago P.M. me if you want to know why.

Brake Bros at Gonerby i done bit of agency for they too are on £21/£22k the biggest problem is annualised hours you CAN be called in on a weekend and not get paid any extra just as long as you do the hours for the year, most of the unloading is done with pallets trucks but if you are on days it is handball from the 17 tonners, or pallet trucks to either other depots or MSA,S.

Not a bad crack but be expected to work weekends at normal rate as they dont pay time and a half or double time.

Salvesons at Colsterworth just dont go there transport is organised by blind people, loading by limbless people and communication by deaf dumb and blind kids but apparently they play a mean pinball, after all that you then have to go to supermarket DC,s and sit outrside forever BEFORE you get in the gate.

From what i have been told the Mastercare depot is for containers docks at one end and at the other so its basically straight through with a little bit held in the middle they are acquiring a lot more units and a load of double deck trailers to get the drivers in and out of the DC,S quicker and also to stop the DC,S holding so much stock, So if it is all palletised and on DD trailers the jpob will get a lot easier.

If i was thinking of the 4 you mention it would be Mastercare but its up to you in the end i hope i have been of some help and if you fancy a pint some time in Newark P.M. me and you can buy them…:wink:;):wink:

as long as you dont mind handballing washing machines and other kitchen white goods to the edge

Could you not just use a sack barrow?
Got to be easier that picking up a 200kilo washing machine :laughing:

dennisw1:

as long as you dont mind handballing washing machines and other kitchen white goods to the edge

:

The trailers are pre loaded so its pot lucjk you get one or you dont you dont know until you get to the drop, you could ask the warehouse staff but then again its pot luck oif they speak English.

dennisw1:
Got to be easier that picking up a 200kilo washing machine :laughing:

bloody hellfire!!! which company makes them that heavy cos i wouldnt even attempt it :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

they vary depending on how big the lump of concrete they put in the bottom is.
You talking minimum 50kg, bit industrial jobbies go up to 200ish

Out of them all the only one I would consider would be Salvos, if you want to earn any decent money, from what jammymutt says the others wages are pretty crap, which may explain why Newark Corby Chilled are such a miserable bunch of ■■■■■■■■ :unamused: why may also have something to do with the stupid king uniform :laughing: :laughing:
Plus this is probley hearsay but I heard Day Burner has been sniffing around a big concern in the Newark area with a view to put his top class agency drivers in :open_mouth: ( Day Burner being a modern day gangmaster from the Spalding area , who slashs and burns the rates so the company only needs agency bods, just ask the Freshlinc boys and girls, day burner is not his real name , but you aint gotta be sherlock to figure it out}

Please note the above views are of my goodself and no way connected to Trucknet UK , with regard to my remark about Corby Chilled :unamused:

Thanks for all the info, alot to think about!! I even hear james irling is moving up to newark from their grantham depot ( dont know how true that is!!) anyway tnks again.

ASDA £8.40 but Dark hour plus £1.- Mo to Fr
ARLAFOOD £10.- Mo to Fr

fred Kanka:
ASDA £8.40 but Dark hour plus £1.- Mo to Fr
ARLAFOOD £10.- Mo to Fr

None of them antywhere near here though Fred.

Was in Corby Chilled at Larkhall tonight.They are looking for 2man-crew nightshift drivers.I was told they are on about £26k a year.

ARLAFOOD £10.- Mo to Fr

now thats [zb] funny :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

maybe on agency fred but not on staff :wink:

jon