Corby Chilled - Alcester?

I know its been put on here a few times but since Innovate now own them im not to sure how things are there. The reason for asking is I got an out of the blue phone call from them today :astonished: :astonished: inviting me for an interview if i was interested. I said yes but am not to sure if its a high turnover job or not anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

they are taking on 25 drivers, they was meant to be opening a depot in aston so a lot of drivers left cause of the move, but know they are staying at alcester…so they need to take more drivers on, i work for langdons redditch and a couple of our drivers are going for it…best person to ask is kiowan he works out of there and he seems quite happy, my partners cousin works in the warehouse there and he asked if i wanted a form to apply, he also says there drivers are happy

I work at the Alcester depot on the books, have done since Express chilled.Couldnt tell you much about the Inov@te contract but all the Express,Corby,and Inov@te contract drivers are working on a fixed week now .Sunday -Thur or Tues-Sat ,no nights out and all doing the same runs The Express,Corby and Inov@te drivers there are all on slightly different contracts as regards holidays bank holidays sick pay etc I am on the Express contract and i know its different to Kiowans as regards these things. Its a good job, no pressure they are stict on drivers hours regs and will expect you to stick to them.As a transport company they suffer from all the usual problems,running empty no collection when you get there"No collection today driver didnt they tell ya".Having to wait for a vehicle prior to trip and lately a lot of accident damage but all these things they are trying to put right.and make the depot a profitable one A Few drivers left after it was announced that we could be possibly going to Aston but now were not their trying to get them drivers back again.I dont realy want to go into wages because theres too many contracts flying around but im on the going rate for the area and the work your expected to do for it.

Thank you both gents, ill bear all that in mind. :smiley: :smiley:

langdons are looking for drivers to

I’ve not been there as long as tasty but I’d consider it a good job personally, wouldn’t say staff turnover is high, most drivers there seem to admit it is a pretty decent job among the obligatory driver moaning we all do, agency drivers and the contracted ones. As mentioned, the only issues for some people might be working a weekend day and bank holidays and for the 4weeks around christmas, personally doesn’t bother me…roads are quieter.

leeb2461:
I know its been put on here a few times but since Innovate now own them im not to sure how things are there. The reason for asking is I got an out of the blue phone call from them today :astonished: :astonished: inviting me for an interview if i was interested. I said yes but am not to sure if its a high turnover job or not anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Sorry i was on" permanent send" on my last post i didnt answer your above question.I dont think it does have a high rate of turnover of drivers.From what i know of Langdons if you move over to Inov@te i think you will drop about 1000 year on nights and work 1 weekend day every week as i think the Langdons depot operates only Monday -Friday,Speak to Andy Rowley driver trainer hes a good mate of mine and sound guy

tasty:
Speak to Andy Rowley driver trainer

If you can get a word in. :wink:

tasty:
hes a good mate of mine and sound guy

Sound being the operative word. :laughing: If you ever find the ‘off switch’ let me know.

:wink: :wink:

Krankee:

tasty:
Speak to Andy Rowley driver trainer

If you can get a word in. :wink:

tasty:
hes a good mate of mine and sound guy

Sound being the operative word. :laughing: If you ever find the ‘off switch’ let me know.

:wink: :wink:

yea i know he dont come up for air and i forgot you shared a cab with him teaching him to drive :laughing: still all in all a good bloke!

did you go

Got it this mornin, will let you know how it goes

Went Sunday morning and as said by somebody had a drive with Andy Rowley - seems like a decent bloke - and then a reverse (well technically its called a reverse but mine are not quite up to scratch yet :laughing: ). Anyway he seemed quite happy with my drive and said a bit of training would fix my reverse issues and he would put me as a pass but had to leave it in the hands of others above him. So ill be waiting for another phone call with a Yes/No.

Am sure you’ll get it (my reversing sucked when I started too), and if not try for a job at Quayside, from what I saw today being able to reverse isn’t a requirement to work there :laughing: