CONTINENTAL HGV1 DRIVER - Someone having a laugh?

NEW INN, PONTYPOOL

Hours60+ PER WEEK INCLUDES DAYS NIGTHS AND WEEKENDS

Wage £5.00 PER HOUR + OVERTIME RATES

Employer Seven Side Continental Freight Ltd

Duration PERMANENT

DescriptionMust have a HGV1 licence some experience of continental driving. Duties will be delivering freight around Europe and the UK. Wage between 9am and 5pm is £5.00 per hour, overtime is £7.50 per hour and Sundays are £10.00 per hour. A night out allowance is also paid. You can call on Helen or Tim on 01495 759111

I’ll find out what our lot pay when I get the chance… has to be better than that ?

that wagon wont be rolling with that offer :laughing:

Well there will be some sad muppets who would take it. I get much more than that with the agency for UK only. I wouldnt get out of bed to read that advert. :laughing:

Someone must be seriously taking the ■■■■.

Having said that though Parceline drivers work for £5.45 an hour! LMFAO
Ummm no thankie

peace

No mention of a neccessity to sppeak English?, thats unusual for those rates.

Those rates would be a bit more manageable on euro work than UK, especially if you can get all your ■■■■ abroad :stuck_out_tongue: Still pretty pittiful tho.

Think we should all phone them up on the old 141 job.

Ask about the job, state experienced driver etc. then ask the rate. When they say £5 an hour, just laugh n hang up.

once again everone looks at the little picture.
what if it’s £40 a night out?
thats £200 per week extra without any tax to pay for 5 nights out and you can’t do european work without nights out.
european nights out are almost always paid at a higher rate than uk and they have a higher tax threshold too, it’s not uncommon for companies to pay £25 or £30 a night out when over the water and it’s not taxable either.
so lets say you do an average of 60 hours, you get paid every hour including waiting time and ferries, that makes £350 per week wages, but then you get 4 nights out too at £30.
so after tax you have about £270 of your £350 left but then you add your £120 and that gives you a take home of £390, without any sunday rate involved either.
the things to watch out for with this is what you get paid for a standing day?
this is a day that you are forced to be parked up whilst away from base, ie. sunday driving ban, weekend rest, european bank holiday etc.
it’s also unusual to see hourly pay on european work so be careful that the hourly rate isn’t just a uk hourly rate and that euro work is a set amount of hours per day making a fixed day rate, sometimes you will be better off but most likely you will be worse off.

allrighty:
Well there will be some sad muppets who would take it. I get much more than that with the agency for UK only. I wouldnt get out of bed to read that advert. :laughing:

Someone must be seriously taking the [zb].

Ummm no thankie

peace

and is that the drivers fault for taking the job,or the company for paying such poor wages m8.

do you ever stop to think that 5.45/5.00 an hour might be better than the dole.it might mean some guy/girl might be able to live a lot better than they do now.
i ain’t defending company’s for paying poor wages,but don’t have a dig at drivers for taking a job.

kitkat:

allrighty:

Ummm no thankie

peace

and is that the drivers fault for taking the job,or the company for paying such poor wages m8.

do you ever stop to think that 5.45/5.00 an hour might be better than the dole.it might mean some guy/girl might be able to live a lot better than they do now.
i ain’t defending company’s for paying poor wages,but don’t have a dig at drivers for taking a job.

WELL SAID JIM

Over here in the states, I’ve watched the lower pay threshold for experienced drivers for “local work” drop from $14/hr to $12.5/hr to $10/hr. The last job I had actually driving a rig was at that $10 rate, and the place was a joke. Nobody liked working there, and about 50% turnover each month was about average. Working for people like that reminded me of an old saying:
"As I slide down the bannister of life, I will remember this place as being just another splinter in my *** "

That job certainly looks very low paid …but maybe if you add it all up you could take home a decent pay packet…but i doubt it…if theyre offering such a low hourly rate then i doubt they will offer a high night out rate…and if the hourly rate is £5 an hour between 9-5…what is the rate before then…barely the minimum and they want you to work different shifts for that money too…days…nights…weekends…when the weekend alone is worth at least £200.

On another note i always said that if a job offer for international work was offered at the job centre…then the firm couldnt be any good…but i was proved wrong years ago and took up the offer of a job by this means and it was one of the best jobs i had…just goes to show…dont judge a book by its cover…
have a nice day

Looks like one for Coffeeholic!:wink:

steve_24v:
NEW INN, PONTYPOOL

Hours60+ PER WEEK INCLUDES DAYS NIGTHS AND WEEKENDS

Wage £5.00 PER HOUR + OVERTIME RATES

Employer Seven Side Continental Freight Ltd

Duration PERMANENT

DescriptionMust have a HGV1 licence some experience of continental driving. Duties will be delivering freight around Europe and the UK. Wage between 9am and 5pm is £5.00 per hour, overtime is £7.50 per hour and Sundays are £10.00 per hour. A night out allowance is also paid. You can call on Helen or Tim on 01495 759111

I’ll find out what our lot pay when I get the chance… has to be better than that ?

kitkat:

allrighty:

Ummm no thankie

peace

I’m just saying I wouldnt take that job, because I’m getting more than that now, its not much more than minimum wage, and I didnt train to HGV1 to earn just over minimum wage, god you can get more than that stacking shelves in Asda!! I’m not having a go at anyone for taking a job, and I’ve worked for much less before now, I’m just pointing out there are better opportunities out there.

Geezus can no-one have an opinion on here■■?

Around here (mid-Kent) continental work pays £400 to £450 per week, take home but including night-out money.

Wages are lower in Pontypool and I reckon that the going rate would be about £50 less than here.

Personally, if someone wanted to do continental work, but it paid less money than a UK job, I would say “So long as it pays enough, then do it. Money isn’t everything. If that’s what you want to do, then do it”.

Vince

Vince:
Around here (mid-Kent) continental work pays £400 to £450 per week, take home but including night-out money.

Wages are lower in Pontypool and I reckon that the going rate would be about £50 less than here.

Personally, if someone wanted to do continental work, but it paid less money than a UK job, I would say “So long as it pays enough, then do it. Money isn’t everything. If that’s what you want to do, then do it”.

Vince

absolutely spot on vince, if conti work is what you want to do then don’t expect hourly pay but the fringe benefits are better than uk jobs.
they do have a down side though too.
visit justice for drivers for more info on the down side of international transport operations.

On another note i always said that if a job offer for international work was offered at the job centre…then the firm couldnt be any good…but i was proved wrong years ago and took up the offer of a job by this means and it was one of the best jobs i had…just goes to show…dont judge a book by its cover…

Well said Bob.

I too took a job from the job centre, it paid ridiculous silly money and I earnt some good money over the time I was there. and ■■■■ easy too :sunglasses:

You know where I mean if you have been in 23A :stuck_out_tongue:

allrighty:
Well there will be some sad muppets who would take it.

Having said that though Parceline drivers work for £5.45 an hour! Ummm no thankie

Call me old fashioned but I am proud to say I have never been on the dole and if I ever find myself in that position, it will be because I have had some really ■■■■ bad luck. I believe that anyone with a HGV licence should be able to avoid being on the dole but it might mean taking a job that only pays minimum wage. I wouldn’t appreciate being called a ‘sad muppet’ because that was the situation I found myself in. :frowning:

Of course, i’d constantly be on the lookout for a better (paid) job but until that came along i’d be a ‘£5 an hour’ kind of guy!! :wink:

johnny:
what if it’s £40 a night out?
thats £200 per week extra without any tax to pay for 5 nights out

Very good point, Johnny! Makes it a whole different situation, doesn’t it? Chances are though, they would advertise the good bits of the job/pay as well. :confused:

marcustandy:
[Call me old fashioned but I am proud to say I have never been on the dole and if I ever find myself in that position, it will be because I have had some really [zb] bad luck.

Well, we used to have this woman called Margaret Thatcher…

Just pray that the bad luck does not return!

Vince

Vince:

marcustandy:
[Call me old fashioned but I am proud to say I have never been on the dole and if I ever find myself in that position, it will be because I have had some really [zb] bad luck.

Well, we used to have this woman called Margaret Thatcher…

Just pray that the bad luck does not return!

Vince

When Maggie was in charge I earned 30k plus expenses. A gang of us from the same company went on holiday and we heard that The Blair was in.

Downhill ever since :exclamation: Nobody would listen to us then

When Maggie was in charge I earned 30k plus expenses. A gang of us from the same company went on holiday and we heard that The Blair was in.

Downhill ever since Nobody would listen to us then

Weren’t you the lucky one■■?

remember the song

I am a one in ten. from the band UB40■■

Yep one in ten of the UK’s working population was unimployed because of this woman and her policies! The I am OK so sod you lot, Were doing well

So it gives me great pleasure to be happy that her mob and supporters are on the downward slide!

As for not listening to you then!! shame you didnt wanna listen to the millions of working people who suffered from her and her policies at the time!