£5.50 per hour

Just seen this job advertised, £412 is £82.50 per day maybe ok if only 8 hour days but if working a 15 then only £5.50 per hour

HGV Class 1 Driver / LGV C+E
Job description

HGV Class1 driver / C+E for driving curtain side trailers on long distance and continental driving. ADR preferred. Will work full time - Monday to Friday with some weekend working. Basic weekly pay is £412.40 plus expenses, plus subsistence and meals. There will be a pay review in September 2013.

To apply: Email your CV, details of experience and a contact telephone number to as soon as possible.

mac12:
Just seen this job advertised, £412 is £82.50 per day maybe ok if only 8 hour days but if working a 15 then only £5.50 per hour

Job description

HGV Class1 driver / C+E for driving curtain side trailers on long distance and continental driving. ADR preferred. Will work full time - Monday to Friday with some weekend working. Basic weekly pay is £412.40 plus expenses, plus subsistence and meals. There will be a pay review in September 2013.

To apply: Email your CV, details of experience and a contact telephone number to as soon as possible.

Did you miss the part that says EXPENSES … SUBSISTENCE AND MEALS plus it says basic is £412.40 but basic may be 40 hours only . Maybe you should talk to them b4 slating them

to me expenses is money back that I have spent, other 2 are tax free not part of wage. Nothing in ad says 40 hours or anything about overtime.

Tell you what mate,you would deff be doing more than 8hrs a day on long distance and certain to be doing w/end work on continental work,if not w/ends away.That wage is a joke and they want adr as well,if that’s not a wind up im well pleased im retired.
regards dave.

mac12:
to me expenses is money back that I have spent

They are so aren’t part of the wage.

This still is not as bad as G.B.A. services class 1 £70 per day + £40 night out now I know some drivers would say wow that’s £110 a day
£550 per week but don`t forget this is for double manning so that’s 21 hours a day
and you could spend £25 per day out of your n/out money in Europe I did when doing euro work

£70 divide in 21 = £3.33 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

JOB TITLE Class 1 Drivers
LOCATION Preston/Midlands/ Royston
SALARY £70 Day + £40 Overnight

Are you a professional driver seeking a challenging role at a dynamic, committed and dedicated company? We are currently recruiting for experienced Class 1 drivers to join our existing professional team. This exciting opportunity is at GBA Services, one of the UK’s largest European dedicated express transport providers.

The Job:
You will be expected to be out on the road for up to two weeks at a time and will need to flexible to the demands of the job.You will need to hold a clean, current driving license and have previous European driving or logistics experience ideally with time critical loads. You will be responsible for collecting and delivering time sensitive loads into the UK and Europe. You will also be responsible for all paperwork for each job and the maintenance of all aspects of your vehicles care including fuelling and cleaning.

Job Requirements:

Essential

·Class 1 driving license held for minimum of 2 years (maximum 6 penalty points)

·Previous European driving experience

·No DD or DR driving offences

·Adhere to company policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety and security.

·Excellent communication & customer service skills

·Flexible to the demands of the job

· Compliance with tachograph legislation.

Desirable

·Experience with refrigerated loads

·ADR License

·Forklift truck license

Benefits

·Long term career with a stable market leader

·Company Pension

·28 days holiday

·Full support with Training & Development to include CPC training

Company profile

GBA is an international family run business which offers customers dedicated solutions. GBA is headquartered in Lancashire, UK with an extensive UK depot network and a European subsidiary based in Poland which allows us to combine worldwide coverage and an in-depth understanding of local requirements. Our mission is “to continually develop as a market leader in international express logistics”.

Kin joke money, its strange how you always hear them words, there ain,t much money about times are tough, as they drive of in a Porsche 911 back to there million pound mansion.

mac12:

Job description

You should change career to a red top journalist, they take half a story and run with it without finding out the facts.
If that is wage for any hours , but to most people basic is either 40 / 48 hrs , no mention of overtime but that maybe oversight, surely company deserves a phone call before you slate them on social media

If the wages look cryptic, then you can bet your PPM boots that it’s described thus to cover over just how low the rates are. Maybe to even fool the authorities over the fact that it might even be below minimum wage, and thus illegal…

Anyone ever seen a job ADVERTISED for a block of drivers who must have this that and the other experiernce, but offering TOP DOLLAR because it’s a big ask?!

Non-driving jobs are often marked up as "Salary: According to age and experience"…

So, on that basis, you could demand, and get, a decent pay rate - because you’re worth it! :smiley: :grimacing: :sunglasses:

Salary: £40k for a 48 hour week.
…or if at agency…
Hourly Rate: £15ph PAYE or £18.75 Self-Employed

Only Clean licence holders with experience in the fields of X,Y, & Z work need apply.
Must have ADR packages at least, tanks prefered.

You never hear much about full-blown Toxic Waste/Radioactives disposal industries needing drivers do you? :confused:

Where’s Rob K when you need him? :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Whirlwind:

mac12:

Job description

You should change career to a red top journalist, they take half a story and run with it without finding out the facts.
If that is wage for any hours , but to most people basic is either 40 / 48 hrs , no mention of overtime but that maybe oversight, surely company deserves a phone call before you slate them on social media

I haven’t slated anyone that’s why I cut the ad of before giving there name. If you would like to correct things have a look on the jobcentre website for Grimsby it gives there name and number and then let us know as I can only go on the information provided. Missing the overtime rate may have been an oversight but they didn’t forget anything else in the ad

Pound to a pinch of ■■■■, that job’s already taken.
The magic words have been inserted very carefully into the advert “Continental Driving”

I’d take £50 a day and another £100 in expenses.
I prefer my money in my pocket, Not in the Governments.
If you enjoy paying tax, Then just ask for £125 a day wages, and £25 a night out. :unamused:

I presume it’s different in other parts of the country but I’d say that in east Kent, £82.50 a day would be absolutely bang on the average for that type of work. Mike Beer, Bywaters, Coombe Valley Transport, everyone pays around that. No doubt when Cabotage rules are dropped in the near future, we’ll be lucky to be on £50 a day.

… and that’s especially good becauuuse? :wink:

It’s not especially good my dear Winseer, but that phrase will attract the kind of dreamer who will not be too concerned about his weekly wage, just as long as he can get the clogs and wallet on the chain. I am of a generation that remembers Francs and Deutsch Marks, Tank Shines and Permits. I remember when a company paid HIGHER wages to blokes for continental work, it was just a moment of cynicism and I thought that maybe the company advertising, quoted the “Continental Driving” line to attract a certain kind of Chauffeur. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Winseer:

Winseer:

… You get to spend several weeks away from your family at a time, unpaid security guard as a bonus when taking your weekly, and you get to see Europe! (Or at least to see European industrial estates and the loading door of various commercial premises in various ■■■■-hole cities.

All for just over a fiver an hour by the looks of the cryptic ad…

Sounds magical. :laughing:

not interested then truckulent :question: :grimacing:

commonrail:
not interested then truckulent :question: :grimacing:

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Oh I am…but only when they start to pay a grand a week take home…ring me then fellas… :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

limeyphil:
I’d take £50 a day and another £100 in expenses.
I prefer my money in my pocket, Not in the Governments.
If you enjoy paying tax, Then just ask for £125 a day wages, and £25 a night out. :unamused:

I’m with you on this one bud. Truck drivers have been doing this for years! - Sorry, I mean MP’s have been doing this for years :unamused: