Company feedback

Blissy:
Like TCTrans says…1-05 ppm is crap mate…do the sums.

Diesel at about .86ppl (£3-92 per gallon)…getting 8 mpg = fuel running costs at 0-492 ppm
(Thats nearly half gone already)

Say you get 2500 miles every week (doubtful) …thats turnover of £2625-00 but your diesel costs will be about 1225-00…then theres Truck costs , tax , insurances , maintenance , trailer hire ■■ etc etc etc

In an ideal world I reckon that your diesel costs should be about 33% of your rate but I bet most are running at 40%…once you get into nearly 50% it aint worth doing.

Hope I got me sums right or Im gunna get hammered here :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I can see what you are saying and £1.05 is crap that’s why im no rush to buy a unit until I get the right rate. Trouble is east europeans will snap up this rate because it’s a lot better then they would get back home. Thanks for the advice and the figures.

Taxis get £1.60 per mile.Never see a poor taxi boss.Tony Bradfield still does Morocco,his nephew,Will is on TN,and may get info on DT work.Give them a shout on TN.

toby1234abc:
Taxis get £1.60 per mile.Never see a poor taxi boss.Tony Bradfield still does Morocco,his nephew,Will is on TN,and may get info on DT work.Give them a shout on TN.

Cheers toby as im quite new to TN how do I get hold of Will?

Ignoring the pay, is it really as easy as, buying a unit and knocking on a few firms doors for work?

Do companys not want references, experience, your ‘company’ history etc etc ■■ or they not fussed as long as you can do the work?