just to introduce myself

:smiley: :smiley: hi everyone new to this site and i have been impressed with advice offered mostly positive.i am just starting my class c journey(awaiting theory test)and would like to ask a couple of questions if i may
1)i live on the coast near folkestone and wondered if anyone knows of any local firms that take on newly passed class c drivers(when and if i pass obviously)hours and pay not really important at this stage just want to get in the door,i know i like driving as i drove 7.5 tonnes for a while
2)i have booked my course with clearstone probably at sittingbourne BEFORE i read the past bad reports about them on here .can anyone tell me more about them and if they have improved.
and finally WILLS my dinner went cold and i had a lump in my throat mate reading your epic journey,well done.
cheers and take care.

Welcome to Trucknet.

Can’t really help you with question 1, except the best way is to go round and knock on doors, Small hauliers might not worry about the experience as they don’t worry so much about company policy, more about the person you appear to be.

As for Clearstone, many complaints on this site as you’ve said, I think others have said it was better and cheaper to go to a local trainer, but see if anybody’s got more experince using them.

ruddio:
WILLS my dinner went cold and i had a lump in my throat mate reading your epic journey,well done.
cheers and take care.

Hi ruddio & welcome to trucknet :smiley: sorry about your Dinner :open_mouth: thanks for taking the time to read it…its seems along time ago now but I am truly over the moon that I stuck it out.

I could have given in easily many times, but where would i be now if I had? Hopefully some of the info in my thread will help you along the way.

On looking for work, search for haulage firms in & around your local area and contact them all…hopefully one of them will give you a chance…worked for me.

I look forward to reading how you get on

Drive safely

wills