Continental work

Hi after a lot of ooooing and ahhhhing i have given in to my mate and decided to put another unit on the road for him to drive, but not wanting to put my eggs all in one basket i am looking for reliable companys that use owner drivers running the Continent who pay on time etc. Although i do have a few contacts it doesnt hurt to broaden your scope and ask.

Thanks in advance for any information. :bulb:

Been told via these forums Heritage down I think Kent way are a good firm to deal with hth

Herritage take on subbies , not brillant money but alway’s there and on time from what am told by driver’s that have subbed for them in past.

Be prepared to put hour’s in though.

Do a search on the forum plenty of info regarding them.

heritage is ok main bit is no false promises you just get what it says on the tin what more do you need, money on time, can be a little low in the earnings but you are told what you will prob earn etc, as i say you get what it says on the tin with Nev at heritage

Thanks Guys had a look at there website, As long as the motor covers the running costs and wages i will be happy as this is more of a favour for a good mate than anything else. I will give them a buzz and let you know the outcome, thanks again.Any more names would be appreciated the more irons in the fire the better.

I get the impression Heritage are good for loads in to the UK but you might be better finding your own loads out.

speaking of heritage aint seen nevile on here for a while

Last job i done on Heritage was 1150 mile round trip 900 pound time i took costs out i would have been better off staying at home, not always bad but i didnt like the thought of rolling the dice on a monday to see if i would earn a wage that week, but mates still on there and loves it lol

can’t you get your own work?

Please read the post.

motionlotion:

Please read the post.

i have, it reads like you are looking to put a unit on for someone as a subbie.

Exactly as the post says i have my own contacts but it doesnt hurt to ask who else is about and what they are like. That is the idea of a forum is it not. â– â– ?

motionlotion:

Exactly as the post says i have my own contacts but it doesnt hurt to ask who else is about and what they are like. That is the idea of a forum is it not. â– â– ?

i wasn’t trying to be a funny [zb]. although i must admit my post did read a bit like that.
what i was getting at was. you may have a contact, who you could get direct work from. either to or from the continent, but not both.
which would give people on here a bit more to go on. because, lets face it, there’s [zb] all money in being a 100% subbie, especially on continental work.

Hi Limeyphil sorry if my response was a bit abrupt as read your response wrong.

I take on board exactly what you are saying and agree totaly. Having said that i have loads of contacts who can supply work but as you know the rates are [zb] so i was asking if anybody else knew of any fresh contacts on here. You never know. I have contacted heritage but to be honest i could put the motor on the company i work for at present ( A privately owned factory with no middle men ) but this brings me back to all my eggs in one basket so to speak, something i am not keen on doing.

I was only enquiering as i have been with this factory for over 10 years now so have been out of the hunting for work scenario for a long time, and if this was not a really good reliable freind i would not even contemplate another truck at this time, but if it helps him get of the ub40 and gives him his self respect back then i will give it a go.

So the long and short of it is i buy the truck, service it etc etc, He drives it and makes sure he covers his wages and operating costs, in short makes sure it pays. pay thats a laugh i know so lets say breaks even lol. Anyway like me he has not worked in the UK for many years and does not wish to apart from like me tipping and reloading as we both agree the way drivers are treated here leaves a lot to be desired.

So apart from the likes of Davis Turner etc i was just looking to broaden my horizons as a company paying even 2p a mile more than the next is better than nothing.

i’ll send you a pm.

FAO limeyphil, blueboy and meagain,

your bickering has been removed, take it to pm.

motionlotion:
a company paying even 2p a mile more than the next is better than nothing.

so if ABC are paying £ 0.70 a mile it’s good sense to go and get a motor and put it on for XYZ cos they’re paying £ 0.72? No wonder the job’s flocked is it eh? :unamused:

jessicas dad:
FAO limeyphil, blueboy and meagain,

your bickering has been removed, take it to pm.

thanks,
but we got our wires crossed, i was not talking about blueboy.
he said blueboy later, i thought he was on about someone else.

so, if you read this blueboy. my comments, that have now been deleted, but i’m sure you read, were not about you.

for what it’s worth, i have no idea what happend with regard to blueboy, because i did not follow it up.

if blueboy wants to know any more i will try to find out what happened with regard to the work.

but all i can do is try to help if i can. sorry, but there is more to this that can be wrote on a laptop. it’s more a face to face thing.

now lets get on. :smiley: . send me a pm blueboy. because it is not all lost.

sorry again for any missunderstaning. :wink:

Please be careful taking on your friend, I don’t know you and I don’t know your friend but it will be you left footing the bill if your mate doesn’t pull his weight. Continental work is overated and underpaid. There is the red tape, fines, immigrants, ferry strikes and believe me you can earn more stopping in the UK.

Hi thanks for all the response but i must say jj i used the 70p and 72p as an example so when we have people like you in the industry who put there mouths in gear before there brain then yes the industry is [zb] â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– 

Hi Hotty thanks for the advice but i am not naive with over 30 years in the industry i know the pitfall all to well, but thanks for the advice.