Companies that take on OLD drivers nationwide

As we have had a thread asking about companies that take young drivers, I thought it only appropriate and fair that one should also be started for old 'uns! Or have we really lost our shine!? :wink:

Ours do.

link.

awaits a good kicking

dew:
link.

awaits a good kicking

Fair point - well presented and obviously very up to the minute and factual! You should get a position on Dave & Nick’s team! :wink:

bald bloke:
Ours do.

+1

I suppose it depends how you define “old” but most firms would rather take on an experienced driver than someone new to it, for all of the usual reasons.

There are these firms called “Agencies” who go out of their way to employ old ■■■■■ beyond the ripe old age of 25 with a whole 104 weeks of experience and no more than two speeding offences on their licences in all that time. :grimacing:

Some agencies even provide regular work, rather than just the dross that everyone else turned down! :stuck_out_tongue:

I have said for years that driving lorries is one of the few jobs where age is a positive asset.

Our company are more than happy to let you carry on after you reach 65. They would rather have someone they know and trust.

dew:
link./quote]

In my younger days I used to work across the road from the crematorium, very peaceful place.

I have a friend who at 69 got bored of being retired, now gone back to work for a UK company doing two trips to Paris per week , reloading Normandy twice per week.