Comfortably numb merc

my drive is an FM , i have a bunk & it’s quite comfy , the best bunk i’ve used has to go to the DAF XF & CF . renault G290 wasn’t bad either . few weeks ago i had brake system failure on the FM so was given a Merc 2546,

bit big for my job (managed to take the guttering off one of the loading bays )but useable , but what gives with the bunk ?

it was the most uncomfortable night i think i’ve ever had, did they spend too much on technology the couldn’t aford a decent mattress ?
what is it with these sadistic designers that think you want to sleep on 3inch colapseable cardboard mattress

Top bunk is superior to the bottom, but it would give you vertigo if your only used to a wendy house :grimacing:

Big Joe:
Top bunk is superior to the bottom, but it would give you vertigo if your only used to a wendy house :mrgreen:

bit harsh :frowning:

is that a lexion 600 in you signature pic ?

We have ha a merc hire truck to the bottom bunk is crap but the top one was excellent nice and wide too

MolePower:
my drive is an FM , i have a bunk & it’s quite comfy , the best bunk i’ve used has to go to the DAF XF & CF . renault G290 wasn’t bad either . few weeks ago i had brake system failure on the FM so was given a Merc 2546,

bit big for my job (managed to take the guttering off one of the loading bays )but useable , but what gives with the bunk ?

it was the most uncomfortable night i think i’ve ever had, did they spend too much on technology the couldn’t aford a decent mattress ?
what is it with these sadistic designers that think you want to sleep on 3inch colapseable cardboard mattress

try and hold on the FM mate cos you will hate the bunk in the Scrapia.

“bed time…where’s bob the builder to build it up?”

do we know each other ?
how’d you know a scumia’s next on the list ? of which it is :unamused:

Worst I’ve ever spent a night in are pickford’s bangers with the “pod” above the cab. matress is no more than 2ft wide and about 4cm’s thick. I wouldn’t want to fall off it either as it’s about a 6ft drop straight onto the gear stick, that 6 foot doesn’t have a ladder or anything either so it’s a climb up / down each time - which isn’t much fun if you have to get up a couple of times in the night for the toilet :frowning: Hopefuly I’ll get away from some of these crap jobs soon though.

Do you guys use sleeping bags or have you got a better method? I’ve been thinking about getting a single duvet and a fairly thick sheet to go under me (which I might alter somehow) as I never feel very comfortable in a sleeping bag

well i sort of truck share , as i’m on 4 on 2 off efectively , so i’m in a sleeping bag , that & mi work in & around dust so a nightmare to keep the cab spotless, so sleeping bag is easier to just roll up & put in the locker

darkseeker:
Do you guys use sleeping bags or have you got a better method? I’ve been thinking about getting a single duvet and a fairly thick sheet to go under me (which I might alter somehow) as I never feel very comfortable in a sleeping bag

I use a thick double duvet folded over! Just the right size for my premium bunk, also have a sheet on the hideous light brown mattress but thats just there to keep it clean and stop me feeling sick every time I look at it!

Robsta:

darkseeker:

I use a thick double duvet folded over! Just the right size for my premium bunk, also have a sheet on the hideous light brown mattress but thats just there to keep it clean and stop me feeling sick every time I look at it!

That doesn’t sound a bad idea come to think of it, thankyou.

MolePower:

Big Joe:
Top bunk is superior to the bottom, but it would give you vertigo if your only used to a wendy house :mrgreen:

bit harsh :frowning:

Tis like being up with the god’s, and looks a long way down when you first peep over the side in the morning :open_mouth:

MolePower:
is that a lexion 600 in you signature pic ?

Not quite that big, was something like a 480 but with a 9m cutterbar.

MolePower:
[quote="Semtex

[/quote]
do we know each other ?
[/quote]
No we have never met, but you have posted in the past that it looked like a Scrapia was coming your way

I had the same problem with mine until i turned the matress over,had it in upside down :blush: . No complaints now.

Semtex:

MolePower:
[quote="Semtex

do we know each other ?
[/quote]
No we have never met, but you have posted in the past that it looked like a Scrapia was coming your way
[/quote]
ah though you might have been in the know 1

i have mixed reports about the scania bed , i spose i’ll find out for meself sooner or later :unamused:

I.ve been alternating between a 2546 and a backsore the last week or so, not much to choose between the bunks, the axor is poosibly the worst bunk after an Iveco!

I have a theory, mercedes purchased an entire warehouse of German army surplus bunks that had been hanging around for some time. They were supposed to be used in some “holiday” camps that were built in Poland, however, the order was cancelled because the army could’nt afford them after the got thier gas bill! :laughing:

Been driving an actros for 4 months now and my back problem which i,ve had no bother with for 10 yrs has come back.Wish i still had my daf :unamused: :unamused:

funny that because i had an 06 axor & i couldn’t fault that bunk

ellies dad:
I had the same problem with mine until i turned the matress over,had it in upside down :blush: . No complaints now.

Checked my bottom bunk mattress, its stiff and cardboard like on one side, soft and comfy ont other, Merc catering for the ■■■ brigade perhaps :grimacing: