Has anyone brought a replacement mattress?

I generally drive the Merc Actros and the, I really like the truck but the mattress is absolutely GASH!

Also many of the mattereses in our units are getting a bit ‘grimey’ to say the least! So I was thinking about buying a Duvalay mattress that I can roll out and up if I’m on a night out.
Replacing the whole mattress wouldn’t be ideal, as we cab hop and I’m not out all week anymore, so I’m only doing 1/2 nights on the trott.

Has anyone else be got one of these or similar?

Top bunks in the Actros are really comfy mate if you’ve never tried one out :smiley: :smiley:

NewLad:
Has anyone brought a replacement mattress?"

Where would you like it bringing from?

tango boy:
Top bunks in the Actros are really comfy mate if you’ve never tried one out :smiley: :smiley:

I’m a big lad, I dear not use those top bunks lol

Get a memory foam mattress topper rather than going the full Monty first, someone said Wilkos have good ones.

Left hand down!:

NewLad:
Has anyone brought a replacement mattress?"

Where would you like it bringing from?

:slight_smile:

Thanks SS I’ll have a look

NewLad:

tango boy:

You’ll be fine :wink: :wink: :laughing:

NewLad:

tango boy:

I,m 6ft4 and 19 stone and i slept in the top bunk of a merc actros 5 nights a week for 5 yrs, one of the strongest, widest and most confortable beds i,ve ever slept in, get your self up there and try it out :smiley:

First week out with a 5cm thick Duvalay mattress/sleeping bag thing next week.

peak_46:
First week out with a 5cm thick Duvalay mattress/sleeping bag thing next week.

Let me know what it’s like please, how much did you pay for it too?

chaversdad:

NewLad:

tango boy:

I,m 6ft4 and 19 stone and i slept in the top bunk of a merc actros 5 nights a week for 5 yrs, one of the strongest, widest and most confortable beds i,ve ever slept in, get your self up there and try it out :smiley:

How do you get up there .They don’t have any ladders in there and every time iv’e tried iv’e failed.

the megaspace used to have a fold out step in front of the dashboard, stand on there and hop up

I use a folding step stool ,£5 from Dunelms which seems to be just the right height.

fingermissing:

chaversdad:

NewLad:

tango boy:

How do you get up there .They don’t have any ladders in there and every time iv’e tried iv’e failed.

Try harder, fatty. :laughing:

Hiya,

Ever considered to put a DAF mattress in the Merc? I’ve done the same in my Scania, it’s a bit tight behind the seats but it will fit in the end :smiley:

Patrick

i’ve just bought a new mattress for my cab. i was a little sceptical with buyin online but its nice and came the next day

I got it from a company called Linthorpe Beds. deffo worth checkin out

Just don’t buy one from the man with a van!!

weeto:
Just don’t buy one from the man with a van!!

:smiley: :smiley: . Heard that item today. Also the Welsh “comedian” (note inverted commas). Viney should’ve given his mobile number out over the air, now THAT would’ve been funny.

BigEddie747:
i’ve just bought a new mattress for my cab. i was a little sceptical with buyin online but its nice and came the next day

I got it from a company called Linthorpe Beds. deffo worth checkin out

Custom Truck Mattress | Truck Mattress | Linthorpe Beds

They have been on the go for years so it should be a decent product