Actros Bunk what's it like?

What’s the current Actros bunk like for sleeping compared to a MAN bunk ?
Is it better the same or worse ?

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

The Actros has a hinged board under the n/s area of the bed if you like to pretend you are on a sun lounger and prop yourself up.

Just got an Actros and the mattress is thinner than the one in my Daf CF but a bit wider, still not complaining Daf was an 09 and Actros is brand new :laughing:

I had my own DAF XF105 at Downton’s, and it was the best mattress I have encountered in any truck.

(Many hours spent testing it, in between coffee detours).

eagerbeaver:
I had my own DAF XF105 at Downton’s, and it was the best mattress I have encountered in any truck.

(Many hours spent testing it, in between coffee detours).

Got to agree with you on that one,I’ve had an actros MP4 for six months now nowhere near as comfy as my old daf I’ve put a mattress topper on mine and that’s improved it

I like a firm bed but the mattress in the Actros was like sleeping on a mortuary slab. MAN’s have a comfier mattress but the floor isn’t as flat as the Merc.

" YOU HAVEN’T GOT TIME TO SLEEP DRIVER GET ON WITH THE JOB FFS "

Try an iveco

A park bench would be much more comfy

Agree the DAF bed is the best followed by the Volvo take you pick on 3rd with the Merc / MAN ( although the widest bunk )

When I had the Merc I put a mattress topper on that helped with my double quilt under as well

Drove both Man and Merc latest models as of late last year, I personally liked the man more, but the actros had more space moving around the cab.

Note, I didn’t do nights out my experiences come from getting 30min naps on the bunk on 45’s

tonyb70:
Try an iveco

A park bench would be much more comfy

Thankfully we don’t have any Iveco rigids

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:
What’s the current Actros bunk like for sleeping compared to a MAN bunk ?
Is it better the same or worse ?

Actros bunk is a bit on the thin side but I do like the end that raises up like a sun lounger does .

Much more comfortable than the drive .

doesnt affect me…i`ve got a divan in mine…so handy for keeping clean bedding underneath. :smiley:

I’m in a previous gen Actros, I tend to use the lower bunk for coats, bags, and watching telly and upper bunk for sleeping, cos it can be adjusted up & down forward/back and up & down on the left/right… so even if you park somewhere on a bit of a slope, you can still get a flat bed. And it has a built in spirit level, just to be sure :laughing: :unamused: Mattress is a bit on the thin side, but I’ve slept on worse!

New Volvo FM is comfy, but cramped if you’re over 5’ odd i suspect, I’m 6’ 2", and I avoid doing nights out if at all possible, if i’m stuck in one of our FMs for whatever reason.

Sad to say there is no top bunk as that costs extra and as we don’t double man the boss don’t spec them which is a pain for storage

I think my truck has landed at depot and that mattress looks as thin as the MAN one so I think I’ll keep my topper
One bonus I found out it got a fridge under bunk