MAN TGS- Poor Bunk

2013-03-14 12.52.26.jpgI did my first nightout last week in a hired fleet spec 26tonner. Very nice to drive, a couple of silly rattles but what was a big disappointment was the bunk. Is this type fitted to all or is it the “Tesco Value” option for fleet spec trucks?

Wasn’t it soft enough for you princess? :smiley:

This is the one that Mercedes fit in the Axor. Not bad, but slept in better.

Exactly the same as the MAN we run from our depot, Muckaway. And I get the best nights sleep out of it I ever had. You have clearly never slept in an axor or atego. If you think think that bunk is uncomfortable then you may as well sleep on the pavement under some cardboard boxes.

Tip … use a double duvet folded in half. Bottom half of duvet enhances mattress softness, top half acts as normal single duvet. Much better than a sleeping bag.

But dont put a pea under it

Simple really…same as a Scania with the the ■■■■■ bunks…take the top bunk’s mattress and put it ontop the lower bunk…Still ■■■■■ but a better nights sleep lol

Contraflow:
Wasn’t it soft enough for you princess? :smiley:

I slept well enough, I’d done mostly handball and pump truck all day. Not a patch on our Daf CFs or the hired FM though. The curtains were good; I’d parked at a 24hr service station yet the curtains kept the light out.

The bunk is proberly the best thing about my MAN, I think it’s about the only thing on it that hasn’t given any trouble. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

altitude:
The bunk is proberly the best thing about my MAN, I think it’s about the only thing on it that hasn’t given any trouble. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Have to say, the auto 'box got confused quite easily…Especially near the Air Balloon pub :blush: :laughing:

any bed factories near you ■■ i did a stint at sealy (agencey) and asked for a matress topper,ie the quilted bit on top of the matress,(any sub standard one are dismantled) they gave me a chit to get past security with it and no charge ,it transformed my “decent” home matress into a great one . a single size may be a little wider than a bunk ,but worth a try.

syramax:
any bed factories near you ■■ i did a stint at sealy (agencey) and asked for a matress topper,ie the quilted bit on top of the matress,(any sub standard one are dismantled) they gave me a chit to get past security with it and no charge ,it transformed my “decent” home matress into a great one . a single size may be a little wider than a bunk ,but worth a try.

I got a couple of those thanks to delivering to there, really are fantastic aren’t they?

dew:

syramax:

I got a couple of those thanks to delivering to there, really are fantastic aren’t they?

anyone working there ■■ i see a bissiness ,buisin errrrrrrrrrr chance to make a bob or two …spellcheck■■? :blush:

Ched:
Exactly the same as the MAN we run from our depot, Muckaway. And I get the best nights sleep out of it I ever had. You have clearly never slept in an axor or atego. If you think think that bunk is uncomfortable then you may as well sleep on the pavement under some cardboard boxes.

Tip … use a double duvet folded in half. Bottom half of duvet enhances mattress softness, top half acts as normal single duvet. Much better than a sleeping bag.

The bunks in our old Axxors were cracking imho. Always slept well in them and the new Actros bunk is even better but none will ever compare to my old 2100 & 2300 DAFs not even the Mk1 & Mk2 FHcd bunks were that comfy.