Cobelfret trailers

Hello everyone.

Can anyone help?
I am thinking of working for cobelfret trailers,working out of Killingholme (when work picks up) I have been in touch and I have recieved a positive response.
BUT, I have been hearing some owner drivers talking about the job and the talk was about a haulier with 2 or 3 trucks on the job who if they are to be believed gets through an unbelievable amount of work.
running his trucks around the clock 7 days a week, ok fair enough we are all in it to hopefully make money, but it seems that this guy picks and chooses his work, never reloads steelworks ect ect.
Anyway they seem really ■■■■■■ off about it, I wonder if things are that bad,is it worth bothering.
Or is it just sour grapes?

firstly, welcome to Trucknet Zippo :smiley:

secondly, from personal experience, it is probably just driver talk

i run 5 trucks myself, 2 on one contract and three on another, the contract that has three trucks on, i drive on myself, there are other subbies with a few trucks and some with one truck, one of the subbies that owns a few trucks on that contract asked me direct about the same issue, his drivers were telling him that i was getting all the best work, picking and choosing my jobs, getting more jobs and better jobs than his drivers

i of course denied this totally :wink:

he then went on to say, that i would most likely deny it, but he could not argue against the rate confirmation sheets that i showed him for the time period in question, which infact showed that i was doing exactly the same as he was, some days, i did better than him, other days not as good, but, on average, it was pretty equal, well, apart from the drivers of his that were taking the ■■■■ out of the job :wink:

shuttlespanker:
firstly, welcome to Trucknet Zippo :smiley:

secondly, from personal experience, it is probably just driver talk

i run 5 trucks myself, 2 on one contract and three on another, the contract that has three trucks on, i drive on myself, there are other subbies with a few trucks and some with one truck, one of the subbies that owns a few trucks on that contract asked me direct about the same issue, his drivers were telling him that i was getting all the best work, picking and choosing my jobs, getting more jobs and better jobs than his drivers

i of course denied this totally :wink:

he then went on to say, that i would most likely deny it, but he could not argue against the rate confirmation sheets that i showed him for the time period in question, which infact showed that i was doing exactly the same as he was, some days, i did better than him, other days not as good, but, on average, it was pretty equal, well, apart from the drivers of his that were taking the ■■■■ out of the job :wink:

Thanks for the reply and welcome mr Shuttlespanker. (what does shuttlespanker mean) I must say it does sound like driver talk, but sometimes, there is no smoke without fire.

it is a nickname from my hobby (although, not done for a while :frowning: ) of RC helicopters

quite boring really :blush:

so, i just leave it up to people to make their own minds up about it, most users on here and the other forums i am on have shortened it to Capt. Spanky or Mr Spanky or such like

there are certain members on here who, when losing an argument and making a total idiot of themselves, revert to name calling and think it is funny to change the ‘sp’ to a ‘w’ :unamused:

what another haulier does or doesnt do should not really be of anyone elses concern, its what your doinig that matters, and if your not happy its up to you to question it, if you were the haulier concerned would you turn round and say, “naw, dont gimme that job today, let one of the others have it”, i bloody doubt it.!!!

Lrm

zippo:
Hello everyone.

Can anyone help?
I am thinking of working for cobelfret trailers,working out of Killingholme (when work picks up) I have been in touch and I have recieved a positive response.
BUT, I have been hearing some owner drivers talking about the job and the talk was about a haulier with 2 or 3 trucks on the job who if they are to be believed gets through an unbelievable amount of work.
running his trucks around the clock 7 days a week, ok fair enough we are all in it to hopefully make money, but it seems that this guy picks and chooses his work, never reloads steelworks ect ect.
Anyway they seem really ■■■■■■ off about it, I wonder if things are that bad,is it worth bothering.
Or is it just sour grapes?

Zippo you mean the man with the 3 scanias :wink:on cob fret!! yes you have heard right and basically its called a big brown envolpe under someones door every week, he gets all the best work and i mean the best paying work!! 3 leeds a day for example and no rod mill for him either,
the trailer job is ok you wont get rich unless you line someones palm with a lot of silver, so you do 3 leeds a day and basically with the back hand your doing 2.5 trips per day if you follow,
give me a pm and i will tell or offer you better advice on the trailer game out of immiongham and maybe who else you can work for with weekly payments if needed as well daz,

Daz you Ben hit in the head or somat offing advice pmsl

shuttlespanker:
it is a nickname from my hobby (although, not done for a while :frowning:

yes its a “dirty nawty hobby very dirty nawty hobby” he has zippo most of us call it choking the busby,having a ham shank etc, :grimacing: but oooh no to hanky spanky its a hobby he participates regularly in :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: but saying that its gone past been a hobby with him its more of a obsession now, he cant drive for more than a hour with out having to PULLover :grimacing:

alix776:

NARRRR new year new leaf YEEEEER right :grimacing: just going even softer in the head thats all

You said that happened when you bought the dafs pmsl

alix776:
You said that happened when you bought the dafs pmsl

MMMMMH i did didnt i, must have putty as a head now as def nowt inside it yes i said it first so go 4th and multiply :grimacing: :wink:

globby 480:

shuttlespanker:
it is a nickname from my hobby (although, not done for a while :frowning:

yes its a “dirty nawty hobby very dirty nawty hobby” he has zippo most of us call it choking the busby,having a ham shank etc, :grimacing: but oooh no to hanky spanky its a hobby he participates regularly in :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: but saying that its gone past been a hobby with him its more of a obsession now, he cant drive for more than a hour with out having to PULLover :grimacing:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

GLOBBY PMSL :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

globby 480:

alix776:

NARRRR new year new leaf YEEEEER right :grimacing: just going even softer in the head thats all

nah thats jut your belly getting bigger daz

785 views on this subject and not one reply from anyone that works for cobelfret.
I can only conclude that the good ship cobelfret is a happy one!
OR there is a climate of fear and nobody dare speak up.
I have it on good authority it is not the former.
anyway, the reason for resurrecting this subject is that possibly as a result of the way work is dished out, a small haulier from huddersfield area that has 6 trucks working for cobelfret is shutting the gates at the end of the month.
Never mind eh, dog eat dog~ rat eat rat.

zippo:
785 views on this subject and not one reply from anyone that works for cobelfret.
I can only conclude that the good ship cobelfret is a happy one!
OR there is a climate of fear and nobody dare speak up.
I have it on good authority it is not the former.
anyway, the reason for resurrecting this subject is that possibly as a result of the way work is dished out, a small haulier from huddersfield area that has 6 trucks working for cobelfret is shutting the gates at the end of the month.
Never mind eh, dog eat dog~ rat eat rat.

with the intitals mixed up a little but kca■■? is that who you mean, if so he has shut the gates more time than god