Cobelfret

I know you ain’t going to be a millionaire doing traction but what are they like to work for do the keep you busy. Is it lots of miles or mainly local etc.

They ain’t as bad as you would think, you can earn a decent living on the short sea boxes, but a lot of factors need to be taken into account, first of all are the delays in Purfleet Dock :cry: Second and most important, do not touch the longer distance stuff, to make decent money you need 3 or 4 into East London a day, just over a hundred miles and if you do 4 you’ll have 500quid or thereabouts, but to do four you need an early start and you’ll need to jump on the pallet truck and get empty asap :wink:

Cheers Mark tell the truth i would rather stay local and possibly look out for a night trunk to help the income
just this lez crap has pushed prices of trucks up to stupid levels :smiling_imp: .

kr79:
I know you ain’t going to be a millionaire doing traction but what are they like to work for do the keep you busy. Is it lots of miles or mainly local etc.

Do you want to do boxes or ro-ro work?

Ro Ro trailers

dont think you will get as many runs in a day doing ferry trailers as you would boxes, thats what i aim for up here, 4 locals a day at about 125-130 and we dont have the traffic you do down there either :smiley:

chaversdad:
dont think you will get as many runs in a day doing ferry trailers as you would boxes, thats what i aim for up here, 4 locals a day at about 125-130 and we dont have the traffic you do down there either :smiley:

125 - 130 per box yeah ?

Pm me if you want… We sub for them

Not another prospective lamb to the slaughter, kr79 ? :open_mouth:

Don’t panic too much Rob I haven’t remotgaged my house bought an r730 scania with lights chrome and frilly curtains thinking I’m going to be the next Eddie Stobart. It’s possibly a part in a bigger picture. :smiley:

ajt:

chaversdad:

125 - 130 per box yeah ?

yes mate, all the locals start at £100 anywhere upto about 30 miles is £125-130

i like to start at about 4am and get 3 in for dinnertime then a steady afternoon, although it doesnt always go that way :wink:

kr79:
Don’t panic too much Rob I haven’t remotgaged my house bought an r730 scania with lights chrome and frilly curtains :smiley:

well you had better hurry up and get one then, you know us O/D,s are all flash and no cash :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve got a couple of them bullfighting spears and the chain of europen flags you put in the window in the garage. I bought them when I was young and keen will that do for flash :smiley: :smiley:

kr79:
I’ve got a couple of them bullfighting spears and the chain of europen flags you put in the window in the garage. I bought them when I was young and keen will that do for flash :smiley: :smiley:

its a start i suppose, you can fit them while you are waiting for the man from kelsa to come calling :smiley:

chaversdad:

kr79:

its a start i suppose, you can fit them while you are waiting for the man from kelsa to come calling :smiley:

no no no no!!!

you mean the man from Baileys, they do much more shiney stuff than Kelsa :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

chaversdad:

ajt:

chaversdad:

125 - 130 per box yeah ?

yes mate, all the locals start at £100 anywhere upto about 30 miles is £125-130

i like to start at about 4am and get 3 in for dinnertime then a steady afternoon, although it doesnt always go that way :wink:

Where do i sign :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses: