Ferry Trailers at Immingham

Hi everyone, need a few pointers.

I have been out the owner driver game for a few years and are currently employed by a Builder. I am being made redundant at the end of this month and efforts to find another job are proving not that successful. Anyway, i have dusted off my Operators Licence, applied and received my VAT number and on the look out for a another unit, not financed so keeping standing costs to a minimum.

I am based just off the end of the M180 so ideally located for Dock work and are considering maybe pulling ferry trailers. I have read previous threads and know the rates are generally poor but the mortgage needs paying and i need to earn!

I have spoken to NTEX a few months before XMAS and based on a few assumptions it does some possible to earn a crust although it is small.

Has anyone got any direct experience of pulling for NTEX and is there anything i should be aware of? Also i would be very keen to learn of other trailer operators that may be worth a try and any other general advice that can be offered.

Thank you for any assistance. :confused:

We tried the container side of things during our slack period, not worth the hassle for the money you get unless you land yourself a really good rate. You’ll earn a wage but defiantly not a good one when you take all your operating costs out.

DFDS logistics have a advert in the back of Trucking magazine for owner drivers on traction work.

Sure i read on here Ntex werent the best? Might be worth a search.

Again looking at past posts there seems to be always work available in this sector of trucking. Some fancy rigs pulling ferry trailers and containers so there must be money in it somewhere :wink: lol

PM Globby480, he does them out of there and will be able to help you :wink:

Thanks for that Shuttle. A PM is on its way to Globby!

geeeeeeeee whizzzzzzzzzzzzz, spanky mandy you keep telling me and a few others on here :wink: what do i know :grimacing: :grimacing: and you tell that poor lad to pm me,whats wrong has megaspace done something wrong to you or dont you just not like him :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: giving him that advice