Container Traction

Hi Guys
I am thinking of changing company’s and moving to easier work. im getting on a bit now and need to take it easy . What company’s do you work for ? comments please on who is the best to work for with a 44t unit

Where abouts are you based ?

Just not Maritime FFS.

Sorry forgot to say in the north west. I have been told say away from maritime . That’s was what im am trying to avoid and only start with the right company

Sorry to be negative but I don’t think iv ever backed under someone else’s trailer and done any good !

spoken to maritime £1.35/£1.40 :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: i thanked them, they have just saved me time in filling the forms in :open_mouth:

Maritime i have been told mess you about . I would prefer to work for a small company

Who are the best container companies to work for ? Wots the best pence per mile ? Or wots the price you should be getting ?

sampy32:
Wots the best pence per mile ? Or wots the price you should be getting ?

theres about £1 difference between the two

LOL

Who’s that fellow with the black & red units who pulls that white bost box trailer, he runs tainers out of Liverpool & may be a better bet, I’d have a chat with him. Better yet, get a trailer, source your own primary rate work & reload him yourself back or come back empty if your primary out is good enough, quite easy to achieve £1.30 to £1.40 per mile running back empty on primary rate rather than being someone else’s new Porsche.

most of my work is back empty and works out at about £1.75 a mile, backloads sometimes arent worth the trouble

chaversdad:
most of my work is back empty and works out at about £1.75 a mile, backloads sometimes arent worth the trouble

Excellent Chavers, caviar and champers round yours with ■■■■■■■ waitresses to serve said fayre on huge gold platters.

It really isn’t worth the hastle & wear on the wagon to load back sometimes if not all the time.

Ray Stewart is the bloke I was trying to think of.

Silver_Surfer:
Excellent Chavers, caviar and champers round yours with ■■■■■■■ waitresses to serve said fayre on huge gold platters.

sounds like a normal Friday night in my house :laughing:

Well done chaversdad sounds like you have the job sorted.I’ve managed to get my rate increased to 1.40 pm

chaversdad:

thats spot on, thats the way we work :grimacing:

We do local container work and as far as I know we are paid by the job not the mile,if them mileage rates that’s been quoted were paid to us I think my gaffer would be bankrupt :smiley: ,some days I don’t do 100 mile.

yorkshire terrier:
We do local container work and as far as I know we are paid by the job not the mile,if them mileage rates that’s been quoted were paid to us I think my gaffer would be bankrupt :smiley: ,some days I don’t do 100 mile.

It’s usually job rate for the local stuff and pence per mile for the distance stuff. The local stuff is generally more profitable.

chaversdad:

Silver_Surfer:

sounds like a normal Friday night in my house :laughing:

:stuck_out_tongue: