Cobelfret

Good evening guys

As some of you may well know i passed my C+E yesterday… And i am going to be working for my dad (APJ logistics) but its not untill im 25 (18th AUG) due to insurance purpose… And he is putting me on traction work for cobelfret out of killinghome, once im 25 i am going to be double manning with my dad an his other driver untill i get my own truck (september time) so i can learn all the tricks of the trade…

To cut a long story short… What are they like to pull for? What kind of work do they do? where do they go? An just some general info on them if you dont mind :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Surely your dad is the best person to ask :s ?

Saaamon:
Surely your dad is the best person to ask :s ?

He has told me what he knows, but its going to be new for him as he pulls for norfolk line/dfds

But i would like some more in depth info like… what they carry ect ect

don’t know the specifics, but, they are all the same type of work with the same type of trailers, the main difference will be the actual customers

Scott M:
but its not untill im 25 (18th AUG)

And I’ll be 47 on the same day.

Ken.

shuttlespanker:
don’t know the specifics, but, they are all the same type of work with the same type of trailers, the main difference will be the actual customers

Thanks shuttlespanker …
Im sure i will be find with the right guidance from my dad an all the other helpfull truckers out there

Im just a bit nervous of getting sent to load steel, paper… You know all the various loads that need strapping because i dont want to loose the load

do not worry about the right way to strap steel as most steel works u have to do an induction course now before u get on site and they will tell u how they wont it done. i have found that were ever u go if u ask in the right manner people are always willing togive u advice or show u how it is done good luck

Scott M:

shuttlespanker:

Thanks shuttlespanker …
Im sure i will be find with the right guidance from my dad an all the other helpfull truckers out there

Im just a bit nervous of getting sent to load steel, paper… You know all the various loads that need strapping because i dont want to loose the load

I loaded 28t of tall paper reels on my first week as an artic driver. Started out as a tramper. That load was all the way from St Regis Sheerness to Larkhall in Scotland. My arse was clenching the seat a few times I can tell you! Don’t strap them right and they’ll chatter all over the trailer and you’ll have them pushing against the curtains. Good luck and have fun :smiley:

Professor:
do not worry about the right way to strap steel as most steel works u have to do an induction course now before u get on site and they will tell u how they wont it done. i have found that were ever u go if u ask in the right manner people are always willing togive u advice or show u how it is done good luck

Thanks for that matey…

Steve-o:
I loaded 28t of tall paper reels on my first week as an artic driver. Started out as a tramper. That load was all the way from St Regis Sheerness to Larkhall in Scotland. My arse was clenching the seat a few times I can tell you! Don’t strap them right and they’ll chatter all over the trailer and you’ll have them pushing against the curtains. Good luck and have fun :smiley:

Thats my main concern…

But i suppose its because im a noob