CM width restriction

View previous topic :: View next topic
CM

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:58 pm Post subject: Height and Weight Restrictions

Have not trawled Trucknet to see if I’m duplicating but has anyone seen this?

weightrestriction.co.uk/

The Wisest Mind Has Something Yet to Learn

I cant reply to your post because you put it in a moderators slot

I just did a search of half a dozen retrictions near my house and it doesnt come up with any limits.

It probably needs some input, but you cannot rely on it for information

Sure thing, but if we here can assist to populate it to each others benefit, should’nt we be?

There is very little published information out there that I can find that gives any guidance on Weight and Width Restrictions, there is the AA map on Height Restrictions but even that is not comprehensive as it does not show at least two bridges near me that can be accessed by any vehicle.

Anything that can assist with route planning has to be useful, especially if, for example it allowed you to plan a route around a known obstacle like traffic congestion or an incident you know of before setting off.

I am sure that if Weight and Width info is out there for free, without having to pay for more maps or subscriptions it has to be of some use to some of us here. And WHO is better placed to know than Truck Drivers who need to take account of it?

If anyone is aware that this info sits elsewhere can they point me to it please.

Regards all, CM