Close Shave

Going down the A31 today on my way to Poole, some knobber in a car with three people on board shoots out from a small lay-by right in front of my lorry. There were cars beside me in the other lane, so I had nowhere to go.

I hit the anchors but with a full heavy load of radiators the truck takes some stopping. I really thought I was going to plough straight into the back of the car! Mr ■■■■■■ in the car must have heard me honking the horn in desperation, and thankfully booted it away hard, before I had his car as a bonnet mascot.

As I was heavy, I couldn’t catch up with him to give him the benefit of my thoughts on his driving abilities. The fool obviously never looked before pulling out of the lay-by :imp:

Nice reactions by you & good use of the horn - that made Mr ■■■■■■ look in his mirrors :exclamation: :exclamation: - and react

Great use of the word ‘knobber’. :smiley:

Its late now and i,ve had a drink . thats what makes me think ya should have ■■■■■■■ the idiot and taught him a lesson .
Be sensible tommorow mr moderater honest

never new them [zb] thingy wattsits come on automon aticaly . time fa bed

lefkasman:
Its late now and i,ve had a drink . thats what makes me think ya should have [zb] the idiot and taught him a lesson .

To be honest I was more shocked than anything. I just can’t believe how some people can simply pull onto a major and very busy ‘A’ road without even looking :open_mouth:

Ragnarok:
To be honest I was more shocked than anything. I just can’t believe how some people can simply pull onto a major and very busy ‘A’ road without even looking :open_mouth:

The reason being that he’s probably only ever taken one test in his life (car) and doesnt know any better. Where as most of us with a vocational licence will know about defensive driving (or should), had this guy pulled out in front of flash harry in his BMW, then he’d be licking the tarmac, thankfully (for him) he pulled out in front of a professional driver.

Tiger.

Ragnarok:

lefkasman:
Its late now and i,ve had a drink . thats what makes me think ya should have [zb] the idiot and taught him a lesson .

I had it a few weeks ago while coming up the A9 , altho it was a TRUCK who pulled out in me in the car ! just coming out the shell staion at Auchterarder
say him sitting waiting to come out , done the usual had a look in the mirror to move out so he could get a run out the slip on to the A9 but there was a car right beside me overtaking (slowly) so had no where to go , had to hammer on the brakes and no i wasnt speeding (60mph, need the fuel econemy) came to a nice stop not far off his landing legs !!!