Knob head car drivers

Coming along the M4 today the gantries were flashing for an incident so when the traffic started slowing no problem as we didn’t stop. A couple of 100 meters from the incident I could see blues ambers and reds all on the hard shoulder so I pulled in lane 2 to give whatever was happening some space. As I passed a car in the ditch 2 car drivers took advantage of the space and undertook me! I was so tempted to slam the door on the 2nd ■■■■■■!

Glad its not me that feels the need to vent the frustration on here every now and then. :smiley:
Probably good you didnt close the door on said ■■■■■■, they would have thrown the book at you wouldn’t they?
I had an old bint pull out infront of me on a roundabout on saturday morning, completely oblivious to the give way to your right rule. After I gave her a horn salute and stopped and threw my hands up, she just said ‘thankyou’ and carried on :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
I call these sorts of folk ‘screw drivers’ and i guess like most on here , i see them ever mother ■■■■■■■ day :imp:

I had a lunatic undertake me on the m1 last week, it was a bit busy and I was in lane 2 after passing an artic, checked mirrors, indicated and started moving to lane 1, checking mirrors as I done so, the next thing I see some lunatic driving a minibus full of blokes tearing past me on the hard shoulder, hurling abuse at me as they went past, they must have been doin 80 mph and I didn’t see them at all til they were in the hard shoulder and level with my unit. They continued undertaking all around them til they disappeared out of sight.

It all happened that quick, it took me a minute or 2 to work out what had happened

End of the day you can’t lower yourself to their level because we’re professionals lol

and you have to think of the children to

selby newcomer:
I had a lunatic undertake me on the m1 last week, it was a bit busy and I was in lane 2 after passing an artic, checked mirrors, indicated and started moving to lane 1, checking mirrors as I done so, the next thing I see some lunatic driving a minibus full of blokes tearing past me on the hard shoulder, hurling abuse at me as they went past, they must have been doin 80 mph and I didn’t see them at all til they were in the hard shoulder and level with my unit. They continued undertaking all around them til they disappeared out of sight.

It all happened that quick, it took me a minute or 2 to work out what had happened

i think this is becoming more common.
same thing happened to me on the m6 the other day (near stoke)
knobba in a fiesta - with ■■■■■■■ right in front of his field of vision undertook me on the shoulder. no reason to. lane 2 was empty! :smiling_imp:

I love it when im passing a couple of slower lorries, and some impatient zb in a car decides to dive up the inside, only to realise im passing another lorry, slam on their brakes and pull back behind, then overtake on the right side :unamused:

In the end the only thing holding them up is their own stupidity :stuck_out_tongue:

I had a good one today.

Sounthbound on the slip road out of Gonerby Moor Services on the extra long slip road built my speed up to 55 by the time we reach the end, Micra in front of me then stands on the brakes and comes to a halt at the end of the slip rather than merging and matching speed with a couple of cars which were clearly changing lanes and one braking t let us go…ffin morons some of them I tell you, so then a standing start at the end of that slip with cars racing up the slip towards me making me look the ■■■ as by now Miss Micra has hurtled off eventually into the distance !!!

Arhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!

Mr B:
End of the day you can’t lower yourself to their level because we’re professionals lol

I’d never lower my standards to car drivers, nothing to do with professionalism but just the fact that I’m better than them… :smiley:

Just be glad your not driving on this side of the pond. No laws about undertaking, other truckers even undertake you if your going too slow for them. The one i do hate are when you have your turn signal on and the knobs can see youre trying to move lanes, they just sit halfway up your trailer. They soon back of when you start to move over a little into their lane.

Occupiers of the Week for the “Idiot Space”.

My pet hate is where you’re swinging out right to take a sharp left at the lights, only to have a cyclist, pizza scooter AND mini cooper all pull up your left side just as you commit to make the turn (The lights are ambering as you’re halfway through it!) :imp:

This whole undertaking thing is getting more common - if I see flashing beacons in the distance I will move over to the middle lane if I can, but it seems every other time some plank tries to come up the inside. They do it to each other as well though, on the M40 yesterday where the A404 joins going south, two volkswagens tried to fit in the slip lane side-by side…

Can someone please highlight where exactly in the ‘highway code’ it says undertaking is a no no…!?

Nothing about undertaking in the highway code, there was a test case about it a while ago. The police will either do you for careless or dangerous driving i think. Having worked and driven in Saudi undertaking is by comparison a minor issue to the way people drive in other countries. You have to look at each day as an adventure on the road and be ready for anything, that way when it does happen you’re ready for it and it does’nt ■■■■ up your day and it’s easy to shrug off.

selby newcomer:

The bus wasn’t marked ‘Arena seating’ was it?
part of the reason I left them was the way they drove and expected you to drive.

As for undertaking, on more than one occasion in various vehicles, I have dropped down after J18 of M4 heading towards Bristol, and have found lane 1 to be empty, yet lanes 2 and 3 full of traffic doing 40-50 mph. I just stay in lane 1 at whatever speed I was doing until I meet traffic. On one occasion I managed to stay at 60 in my 7.5 ton wagon from j18 till a mile from Bristol before I caught up with anything in lane 1. All the while the traffic was solid and slower in lanes 2 and 3.
It always seems to be that stretch of road though.

Phantom Mark:
I had a good one today.

Sounthbound on the slip road out of Gonerby Moor Services on the extra long slip road built my speed up to 55 by the time we reach the end, Micra in front of me then stands on the brakes and comes to a halt at the end of the slip rather than merging and matching speed with a couple of cars which were clearly changing lanes and one braking t let us go…ffin morons some of them I tell you, so then a standing start at the end of that slip with cars racing up the slip towards me making me look the ■■■ as by now Miss Micra has hurtled off eventually into the distance !!!

Arhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!

This happens time and time again I swear people ain’t taught the proper way of how to use a slip road. Many times I see cars sitting still at the end of the slip road

keebs26uk:

Phantom Mark:
I had a good one today.

Arhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!

This happens time and time again I swear people ain’t taught the proper way of how to use a slip road. Many times I see cars sitting still at the end of the slip road

Thank christ they ain’t using J34 of the M6 - That’d kill them!

Clunk:
The bus wasn’t marked ‘Arena seating’ was it?
part of the reason I left them was the way they drove and expected you to drive.

"Clunk:
No, am sure it was just a plain withe transit minibus, looked like a load of railway workers or something, they were head to toe in hi viz gear

Phantom Mark:
I had a good one today.

Arhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!

I had very similar on the M5 Nth bound at exeter last week.
Nice looooong on-slip and off-slip toward the east bound A30. Another fricken women dives into my braking distance at the very last possible moment to leave the MW instead of leaving lane 1 and joining the off-slip a qaurter mile back like everyone else was. She then dives on the anchors as she now realises because of queing trafic on the slip road she cant join it, (great planing :unamused: ) She’s now brought everyone to a stand in lane one including myself and several wagons behind me! ■■■■■■■ …g tossers!! :imp:

keebs26uk:

This^
Never seices to amaze me how many people that think they have the right to just bardge their way out without giving way.
Or they expect you to adjust your speed to suit them
And then you get the ones who you let out by pulling into lane 2, and they then keep you sat out there expecting you to beable to excelleratre away infront at 80mph :unamused:

In the US and Canada it is law that you have to move over for emergency vehicles on the shoulder, in some states/provinces you also have to slow down, yet they still undertake, even though it is actually breaking the law and the law will come after them, as proven the other day, I was on the phone to Nianiamh when he pulled out to give room to a cop in Wisconsin, a car roared up the inside, even though the cop was waving the car over by waving his hat at them, the car carried on, the cop jumped in his car and off he went in high speed pursuit, a mile further up the road they were having a little chat on the shoulder, I bet it wasn’t an inexpensive chat either :laughing:

It isn’t just these circumstances though, people have no patience whatsoever anymore, I was in my car the other week, doing 10km/h over the limit (which is what everyone does, even with a cop behind them) I was in a line of cars, nicely spaced out, next thing I’m being overtaken, car pulls in front, gets on the brakes and I have to back off to maintain a safe distance (at 110km/h) same thing happens to the bloke in front, he has to slow to maintain safe distance, I end up slowing down again. One by one this car picked off the line of traffic, each time making everyone else slow down and when it finally cleared the complete line of cars I counted the time between it passing a junction and when I passed it…30secs, all that inconvienience to everyone else, just to get 30secs further up the road :unamused: