Classic commercials magazine

febuary adition 2009, my dads got an article in pages 26-29 it shows all his history of driving trucks up to present its good worth a read got some good photos in aswell let me know if anyones read it lol.

i also have this mag,i’ll be looking out for it,also HERITAGE COMMERCIALS is equally as good read/pic’s :exclamation: :exclamation: even though i’m early/mid 30’s :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing:

andy bilton:
i also have this mag,i’ll be looking out for it,also HERITAGE COMMERCIALS is equally as good read/pic’s :exclamation: :exclamation: even though i’m early/mid 30’s :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing:

Hands up, me too. They bring back happy childhood memories. :smiley:

my earliest memories;grandad-scammell routeman (may have been a handyman) dad-foden (mickey mouse) although they both drove older tackle,but can’t remember exactly.me dad started on a FODEN 2STROKE whatever that looks like… :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

il get a copy and have a look. :wink: :wink:

My earliest memory is of being scared zbless in a V8 Mandator (complete with tartan blanket over the engine hump !), bobtail, by the racket of the various bulbs, lenses and other tackle rattling and banging about in the cab ! :open_mouth: :blush: :confused: :smiley:

so,any FODEN 2 STROKE pilots on here :question: :question: would love some pic’s to show me dad… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If MR VAIN doesnt get a new truck soon,his motor will shortly be appearing in this magazine.

i know where my coat is…

andy bilton:
so,any FODEN 2 STROKE pilots on here :question: :question: would love some pic’s to show me dad… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No pics Andy but any Foden made after the early 1950’s and before the 1970’s could have had the 'stroker fitted as it was an option to the Gardner 150 and Leyland 680 engines. Very powerful, very noisy and quite economical also a good weight saving as they were mostly aluminium. The engines were still being made in the 1970’s for The Admiralty for powering launches. As with the Commer TS3 it was the “noise pollution” that proved their downfall.

Pete.