Lorry Magazines

Not sure if it’s ok to post here.If not Admin please delete.
I have 6 boxes of Heritage Commercials & Classic & Vintage Commercials from 1997 to present day,some missing.
If someone is willing to take them off me (FREE OF CHARGE) please message me.
They might come in handy to the people who sell them at the shows.
If I do not hear from anyone in the next week they will all be going too landfill.
I really do not want to do that,but I need the room.
It would be a pity if I get rid of them & later find out someone would have had them.
Please let all your friends know about this before it’s too late.

paul motyka:
I have 6 boxes of Heritage Commercials & Classic & Vintage Commercials from 1997 to present day,some missing.
If I do not hear from anyone in the next week they will all be going too landfill.
It would be a pity if I get rid of them & later find out someone would have had them.

Hey, Was interested, but shipping would be to high it think for Belgium, don’t know.

Eric,

Hi Paul,if u don’t move em on take em down to Sytmuseum at Aldwarke for redistribution regards

revman:
Hi Paul,if u don’t move em on take em down to Sytmuseum at Aldwarke for redistribution regards

Hi Alan,already been in touch about them mate.
They have had a clearout of stock but not interested in them.

I usually pass mine on to one of the local preserved railways to sell in their shop. I used to have Old Glory monthly and amassed around ten years worth. Pre internet they used to fetch good money but ebay etc soon devalued them. Rather than bin them I took them to a steam rally for folk to take; only one year actually went and the rest eventually went into the bin! There was someone locally who advertised for old magazines so I contacted him, “Have they been read or are they still in the wrapper unopened?” he asked. I replied that they had been read; “No use to me then” was the reply. :unamused:

Pete.

windrush:
I usually pass mine on to one of the local preserved railways to sell in their shop. I used to have Old Glory monthly and amassed around ten years worth. Pre internet they used to fetch good money but ebay etc soon devalued them. Rather than bin them I took them to a steam rally for folk to take; only one year actually went and the rest eventually went into the bin! There was someone locally who advertised for old magazines so I contacted him, “Have they been read or are they still in the wrapper unopened?” he asked. I replied that they had been read; “No use to me then” was the reply. :unamused:

Pete.

I think that’s where mine will end up Windrush.
I bet when I do someone will turn up & want them.
I am giving it 1 week & then they are gone.

Would it be worth putting the mags on Facebook?

essexpete:
Would it be worth putting the mags on Facebook?

Hi essexpete I have put a few messages on different sites on facebook,no response so far.

Hi Paul, What area are you in?

dave docwra:

Hi dave docwra Maltby South Yorkshire are you interested?

paul motyka:

dave docwra:

Hi Paul, would have liked them but unfortuantley to far away from me, I suppose postage could be an option if you didn’t mind, would you have an approx weight & size.

Thanks Dave.

dave docwra:

paul motyka:

dave docwra:

Hi Paul, would have liked them but unfortuantley to far away from me, I suppose postage could be an option if you didn’t mind, would you have an approx weight & size.

Thanks Dave.

Hi Dave,think postage would turn out to be very expensive going on the weight of each box.
Pity I did not put the mags on last week,we have just come back from the relatives who live in Shutlanger near Towcester Racecourse.I could have brought them down with me.

paul motyka:

revman:

Hi Alan,already been in touch about them mate.
They have had a clearout of stock but not interested in them.

The museums are a funny lot. I offered my local one (GVVT) roughly 40 years of Buses monthly but got turned away. I even offered them a lot of old but unused parts that I was disposing of (FOC) but they still said no. I gave them to another museum (SVBM) instead of them - even though I had to deliver them a fair distance. I’m doing another clear-out and I have lots of stuff including 275/70 x 22.5 tyres on rims that will be going to SVBM over the next few weeks.

Knock me back once I’ll give you another chance, knock me back twice and you can go and ■■■■ yourself.

tiptop495:

paul motyka:

Hey, Was interested, but shipping would be to high it think for Belgium, don’t know.

Eric,

Hi Eric. Hope you are well, and your F88 project is proceeding.

How about asking on the Professional Drivers’ part of the Forum? One of them might do a Belgium trip now and then. The delivery charge would be a few pints of ale, and new friends will be made. Just a thought.

paul motyka:

dave docwra:

paul motyka:

dave docwra:

Thanks Dave.

Hi Dave,think postage would turn out to be very expensive going on the weight of each box.
Pity I did not put the mags on last week,we have just come back from the relatives who live in Shutlanger near Towcester Racecourse.I could have brought them down with me.

Hi Paul, Thanks for your reply, hopefully someone will take them & enjoy them.

All the best Dave.

Hi Dave,just to let you & all my friends on Trucknet know.
The magazines are going to a chap next month who has agreed to come & collect them & take them off my hands.
More space in the shed now,probably find something to fill the gap(more junk)LOL.
Regards Paul.