Classic Truck Magazine

Hello
I’ve just bought an excelent new magazine called Classic Truck. Its published by Kelsey and is editied by the editor of Trucking,Steev Hayes.
Its a bit dear at £3.80, but is sertainly worth every penny!

Has anyone else bought it? If so, what do you think?
Kindest regards
CG

It was on sale at the Retro Show at Gaydon. On offer at £2.00. It was mentioned on the Retro show Thread.

I bought one from W H Smith the other day,did see them at Gaydon.Its OK,but I find it very similar to Heritage Commercials and some of the others.
Cheers Dave.

classicman:
It was on sale at the Retro Show at Gaydon. On offer at £2.00. It was mentioned on the Retro show Thread.

As a person who’s not one for praising magazines, I’ll give this a big thumbs up. I bought it at Gaydon and I’m still reading it. The Bedford TM feature is very good, I was amazed by the lack of foresight by GM. The next issue puts Leyland T45 under the spotlight. It reminds me of Truck magazine from years ago. The 1970-2000 age range for the lorries is perfect for me and I think this mag is way ahead of Heritage Coms and the Classic Vehicle Comic.

Muckaway:
The Bedford TM feature is very good, I was amazed by the lack of foresight by GM.

You shouldn’t be Nathan, Carryfast has been drilling that into us for the past two years! :wink:

Pete.

windrush:

Muckaway:
The Bedford TM feature is very good, I was amazed by the lack of foresight by GM.

You shouldn’t be Nathan, Carryfast has been drilling that into us for the past two years! :wink:

Pete.

Has he? Can’t say I’ve read them…
:wink: :laughing:
Great feature though Pete in Classic Truck of the Peak roads.

It’s a spin off from Heritage Commercials they have been running a section in the mag called Classic Trucks for about 12/18mths, It now looks like it’s been launched as a separate magazine and I just learned today as a subscriber to Heritage I get the first issue free :smiley: Sounds good to me :smiley:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Got my copy at the Retro Show. Quite impressed with the first issue. Hopefully we will see more articles on working trucks such as that F16 & not endless roadrun photos showing the same trucks month after month.
Will definatly buy the next issue.

jawwa:
Got my copy at the Retro Show. Quite impressed with the first issue. Hopefully we will see more articles on working trucks such as that F16 & not endless roadrun photos showing the same trucks month after month.
Will definatly buy the next issue.

And no A to Z feature to fill empty pages…
Agree about road run pictures. Borrrring, but a cheap feature for the publisher.

Hello everyone
Thankyou to everyone whos posted their views on Classic Truck.
£2.00 at Gaydon! I payed £3.80 yesterday at a local newsagents!

After reading it last night, I still think its quite good but I think there could be more pages for £3.80.

Please keep your views coming
Kindest regards
CG

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello everyone
Thankyou to everyone whos posted their views on Classic Truck.
£2.00 at Gaydon! I payed £3.80 yesterday at a local newsagents!

After reading it last night, I still think its quite good but I think there could be more pages for £3.80.

Please keep your views coming
Kindest regards
CG

It’s quarterly, so there should be less filler, which I’ve noticed happens in many heritage mags during the winter months, steam railway magazines nearly as bad offenders as CVC.

davepenn54:
It’s a spin off from Heritage Commercials they have been running a section in the mag called Classic Trucks for about 12/18mths, It now looks like it’s been launched as a separate magazine and I just learned today as a subscriber to Heritage I get the first issue free :smiley: Sounds good to me :smiley:

Regards
Dave Penn;

The Classic Truck mag we are talking about is published by Kelsey Publishing who produce Classic &Vintage Commercial mag &Trucking, and has no connection with Heritage Commercials magazine. Kelsey had the big stand at Gaydon.
Heritage Commercials mag is published by Mortons. They did have a classic truck section in their mag but it appeared to be dropped.

OK classicman my mistake :blush: But with muckaway talking about an article about the Bedford TM and I’d just received this post on my FB account it seemed to fit the bill, all a bit confusing as it looks like Classic Trucks is back in Heritage as a supplement or even a separate mag :confused:

Regards
Dave Penn;

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= … =3&theater

Could be interesting. I wonder who will claim ownership of the title name. These publishers get very touchy about copyright.

That’s an interesting point ‘classicman’ the FB post I received does seem to allude to a new mag rather than a supplement :question: And a couple of weeks ago, for the first time in ages, I bought ‘Classic & Vintage’, which I also used to subscribe to but didn’t renew my subscription because it went downhill for quite a while, and there was nothing at all in it about a new mag being released from them called ‘Classic Trucks’ :confused:
I reckon Heritage have got the edge here if it does go to some kind of copyright case because of their previous ‘Classic Trucks’ publications :exclamation:

But yer never know maybe they have been tapping each other’s mobile’s just like the journalist’s at News International have allegedly done :laughing: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

The flat top F10 on the front cover did it for me :smiley: whatever the price :smiley:

gunnerheskey:
The flat top F10 on the front cover did it for me :smiley: whatever the price :smiley:

Hi glen,
Are you sure your not thinking of the lattest edition of t&d mate :wink:
Regards Andrew.

pete 359:

gunnerheskey:

Hi glen,
Are you sure your not thinking of the lattest edition of t&d mate :wink:
Regards Andrew.

Your right Andrew :blush: i’ll get me coat :blush:

If its published by Kelsey who do Classic & Vintage then I fear it will go the same route (no pun intended), is it done by the same Editor who didn’t seem too popular with C&V readers ? It remains to be seen what will be said about it in a years time, no interest for me its not in my prefered era but hopefully it will please those that buy it. I only buy Heritage Commercials now as it often has vehicles or companies from the Northeast, so some local interest there. Franky.

The Classic Truck Mag by Kelsey that I bought at Gaydon is edited by Steev Hayes. The name seems to ring a bell from Trucking mag, which they’ve just taken over.