Class 2 Hiab work

Experienced remote hiab driver looking for work currently living in London but the southeast is flooded with eastern europeans doing this work and is impossible to get a decent wage have been offered £16-17k for Class 2 Hiab!! as the ■■■■■■ etc work for this?

I am willing to relocate to find work does anyone know of any good areas with high demand and a sensible wage to live on any help much appreciated :slight_smile:

£18.5k is an average for permanent on the builders merchants in the Notts/Derbys Midlands area. £9 -£9.50ph if you go the agency route.

I’m predicting the number of vacancies to stay at the same level purely due to a higher than average churn rate, some of these co’s are becoming impossible to work for/with.

I went to see an engineering co’ last week who wanted a hiab for site delivery & installation work, they thought that £6.50ph would attract an experienced driver :astonished:

Sit tight & ride out the storm mate, when it picks up again they’ll start to see sense & pay the premium for quality.

I been looking at doing this in the Suffolk area but wage is really ■■■ with the agency its £8hr but at this moment in time I don’t have any other options and a jobs a job aint it what else do I do :unamused:

Have you tried l lynch in stanmore north west london, was dropping off a machine there the other week and there fitter was saying there looking for drivers, run a lot of 8 wheel grabs and plant lorries with hiabs, should get there number off google

monkeyboy1:
Have you tried l lynch in stanmore north west london, was dropping off a machine there the other week and there fitter was saying there looking for drivers, run a lot of 8 wheel grabs and plant lorries with hiabs, should get there number off google

thanks will do

Chas:
£18.5k is an average for permanent on the builders merchants in the Notts/Derbys Midlands area. £9 -£9.50ph if you go the agency route.

I’m predicting the number of vacancies to stay at the same level purely due to a higher than average churn rate, some of these co’s are becoming impossible to work for/with.

I went to see an engineering co’ last week who wanted a hiab for site delivery & installation work, they thought that £6.50ph would attract an experienced driver :astonished:

Sit tight & ride out the storm mate, when it picks up again they’ll start to see sense & pay the premium for quality.

thanks