Salary for hiab drivers class 2

what is the average pay for hiab drivers class 2 per hour? been offered 7.50 how much is it after tax per week?
told them p*ss off anyway.cheers

You are usually lucky to get 50p an hour over standard Class2 work.

It’ll work out about 5.50 to 6 quid after tax deduction.

Well done for standing up for yourself and turning down the ‘low’ rate :slight_smile:

Most of the class two hiab drivers that I know are on around about £10 per hour but that is down south

If its for a builders merchants its usually poor pay, 18-19k per annum last time i looked

passed 3rd time(one cone in yard,then amber light,then pass) here in guildford,surrey cost me nearly 2k for all plus hiab ticket and now 7,50 per hour bit of p*sstake got my licence 18 months,no points what a joke thinking seriously about c+e and some weeks away really for better money where to look for a good hiab work?

joker83:
im from Poland i passed 3rd time(one cone in yard,then amber light,then pass) here in guildford,surrey cost me nearly 2k for all plus hiab ticket and now 7,50 per hour bit of p*sstake got my licence 18 months,no points what a joke thinking seriously about c+e and some weeks away really for better money where to look for a good hiab work?

We are all in the same boat.

We have all paid out good hard earned money for our licences to be offered rates that need serious overhaul.

In time you will have recouped your costs of license acquisition and will be quids in.

when they told me 7.50 i was shocked.driving is not easy job.tight small country lanes or busy cities,lots of responsibility for you and others is not just turning the wheel like everybody thinks,thats what we should get pay for.i think.

And the reason for low wages?
Slightly different tho related note,had an Albanian,on a job in london last year,complaining there were too many immigrants in this country,told him just to walk away!
As we are in a country with an ‘open door’ policy which could theoretically allow everyone from the eu to come here,don’t be suprised when wages continue the downward spiral,always an alternative tho?

an alternative…yes i know its flustraing,no comments.anyway wish u all the best.

joker83:
…driving is not easy job.tight small country lanes or busy cities,lots of responsibility for you and others is not just turning the wheel like everybody thinks…

Yeah you’re right, some of us have to change gear as well. It’s an absolute nightmare.:unamused:

Relevant user name you have there,got to be ‘having a laugh’■■?

ah got ya alternative is my nearest off licence then drink for 4.5 hours and 45 mins sleep. if i wake up will carry on till my ■■■■■ mate from shop say sori boss u drank ok boss.chicken pakora…