Class 2 Drivers.......Fancy driving this?

On this side of the Atlantic the ratio of rigids to artics (semis) is surprisingly less than in the UK but when you do come across them some of them are really smart. Check out this Western Star I saw in a truck stop in Texas.
Probably not much use for multi-drop around Manchester city centre but it would be a good pose on the M62! :laughing: :laughing:

your not gonna get many pallets on that are you?

gogzy:
your not gonna get many pallets on that are you?

I’d say 20 pallets, it isnt much different in size to a 20’ container.

With American/Canadian trucks I find if you imagine them without the sleeper bit and air-kit. They look so old fashioned and antiquated that its laughable.

Take that pic for example, cover the sleeper up with your hand and it just looks like an ugly old mack from the 60’s.

western stars are beautiful trucks, im a scania man through and through (drive a bloody actros though), but having been inside a western star, one of the new ones, i can confirm they are absolutely state of the art, luxurious wagons.

Love to have a drive of that.

the cab is almost as big as the box :laughing:

the yanks like to look after themselves :laughing:

Scarab:
it just looks like an ugly old mack from the 60’s.

Beauty is in the eye…

… sleeper or not, it’s far better looking than anything that’s come out of the Iveco factory for the past decade.

The old B61’s were one of the most handsome trucks ever made IMO.

Finding this restored one in Ontario last year really made my holiday special.

What a complete waste of space, looks like it will snap in the middle LOL

With American/Canadian trucks I find if you imagine them without the sleeper bit and air-kit. They look so old fashioned and antiquated

In some ways i agree but in fainness this is because the design of trucks in North America is influenced almost totaly by what the customers want and a lot of them are owner operators.
For example Peterbilt make the 387 which is modern looking truck but mostly only the big fleets buy it.

I think it looks really good but my boss said he would never buy one because it doesn’t look like a PROPER truck!

The number one truck over here is still the Peterbilt 387 (now called 389) which has a design from the 70’s.

For this reason International have just brought out a new truck called the Lonestar to appeal to Owner operators which is modern and kind of retro. It even has laminate flooring in the sleeper. I parked next to one the other night near Vancouver but i can’t decide if its cool or just strange.

<a%20href=“Photo Storage”>

i think those in america should get a real truck.
give them a scania longline or a renault magnum or any sort of truck that runs in the uk and see how they get on with it lol.

Gnasty Gnome,have a gander at these pics of Mack B61’s from Mack Australia;
macktrucks.com.au/index.cfm? … ageID=1200

ooooo i know withch one i’d wanna the peterbilt if anyone over the atlantic wants a driver i’ll do it :smiley:

boots:
Gnasty Gnome,have a gander at these pics of Mack B61’s from Mack Australia;
macktrucks.com.au/index.cfm? … ageID=1200

Cheers for that Boots. Love that shot with the low-loader. :slight_smile:

I wish we had those over here … thats how trucks should look!! So you could drive that first one on a class II licence. Im going over there!

There just moving hotels on wheels lol.

I want one :smiley:

wire:

<a%20href=“Photo Storage”>

Looks like something that would deliver to Noddy’s house.