Class 2 - day 2/3

Today was a double lesson which meant effectively is was 2 days of lessons in one…
Anyway, started off doing the reversing and braking excersises and pretty much nailed it then off to do the drive, which I dont think went too badly…
We then had a 30 or so min break and then back out onto the road, starting with a mock test - which was when it all started to fall apart BADLY :blush:
I couldnt get the right gears, then forgetting to do the blndspot checks, going to slow past parked cars etc, needless to say if it was the real test I would have failed :blush:

keep at it bro and good luck to you, next time you will have a good day, we all have bad ones

very best to ya, il be following this closely as il be doing mine in the next month or 2

DAF95XF, not patronising you, but honestly don’t worry - it’s good to have a crap day - it stops you getting complacent - and you may have another one (or two!) before passing your test!

And believe me, we all have the odd bad day AFTER passing our test :blush:

There’s so much to take in on a course and you’ve been so excited for so long about doing it - it’s a lot for anyone’s brain to take in. Break or not, you were probably getting tired! :frowning:

It was quite early for your instructor to give you a mock test, but really good, because you now know what it’s like to drive under pressure during an assessment and you have a baseline to work from.

It’s all going to be on the up from here. You know what you need to work on and you’ll improve with every drive. :sunglasses:

Take a deep breath and carry on enjoying your course - and well done for getting to grips with the reversing and braking exercise. Many people fail on the pad before even setting out on the road, so at least you know you’ll get your test off to a good start! :smiley:

Have fun on the road tomorrow, relax a bit (you’re almost an old hand now! :wink: ) and let us know how you get on.

We’ve all been through it.

aye that is a good thing to say, always good to have a bad one because you learn from it and get it out of your system, better having the bad time now than on test day, keep us posted

LoadsOfHorses:
DAF95XF, not patronising you, but honestly don’t worry - it’s good to have a crap day - it stops you getting complacent - and you may have another one (or two!) before passing your test!

I know… :blush:

There’s so much to take in on a course and you’ve been so excited for so long about doing it - it’s a lot for anyone’s brain to take in. Break or not, you were probably getting tired! :frowning:

Thats what the instructor said as well… :blush:

It was quite early for your instructor to give you a mock test, but really good, because you now know what it’s like to drive under pressure during an assessment and you have a baseline to work from.

Technically, Ive had 3 lessons already - today was a double lesson… :wink:

It’s all going to be on the up from here. You know what you need to work on and you’ll improve with every drive. :sunglasses:

Take a deep breath and carry on enjoying your course - and well done for getting to grips with the reversing and braking exercise. Many people fail on the pad before even setting out on the road, so at least you know you’ll get your test off to a good start! :smiley:

Have fun on the road tomorrow, relax a bit (you’re almost an old hand now! :wink: ) and let us know how you get on.

We’ve all been through it.
[/quote]

This is how a ‘typical’ 5 day course pans out for many -
Day 1 - get to know truck and improve as the day goes on
Day 2 - starting to get the hang of all the DSA procedures
Day 3 - This is the one :exclamation: :exclamation: - DSA procedures all nicely in place BUT now the trainee has forgotten how to drive :open_mouth: :open_mouth: - true, happens many a time :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Day 4 - Now remembered how to drive and with the DSA procedures as well :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Day 5 - test day - leave nerves at home as they are not required to pass the test :wink: - now wait for the words “I am happy to tell you…” :slight_smile:

i think a double lesson was a bit much for the first day. Don’t let it get to you. On my first lesson I got the switch wrong pulling out on a busy roundabout, couldn’t get any gears and ended up blocking the roundabout. You’ll be much better on your next lesson. Keep it up :slight_smile:

DAF95XF:
Today was a double lesson which meant effectively is was 2 days of lessons in one…
Anyway, started off doing the reversing and braking excersises and pretty much nailed it then off to do the drive, …

Each school has their own way of doing things but I would have thought that putting the off-road bits in the middle of the day, especially on an all-day 1 to 1, might have broken the day up a bit better…

Yeah good luck DAF, though not everyone will reply to this post I know from being on here only a month or so that they will all be rooting for you, ive never been on such a welcoming and encouraging site before.

Hope you pass mate.

Regards

Scott

Cynic-al:
i think a double lesson was a bit much for the first day. Don’t let it get to you.

See the thread title… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

How’d it go today then Stu?

Adam_Mc:
How’d it go today then Stu?

Not to badly today, but wait for todays posting on it - these kids of today,no patience :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry Grandad! I’ll be patient if you give me some worthers original :stuck_out_tongue:

werthers*

jonoD:
werthers*

Some of those too :stuck_out_tongue: You’re just showing your age lol

im only a nipper!!!

24 i am :grimacing:

jonoD:
im only a nipper!!!

24 i am :grimacing:

Still older than me, I’m only 22 (15 according to daf95xf)

Adam_Mc:
(15 according to daf95xf)

10 actually :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Im 26 so Im older than both of you… :laughing: :laughing: