Failed class two

failed the class 2 this morning. its a shame as I was alot carlmer than i thought i would be and the tester was the same one i met earlyer in the week that i did my walk around test with whos a good bloke and is great at putting you at ease. I was told it would’nt be him on the test so I was glad when he showed up :slight_smile: .

did the reverseing all ok, then left the yard witch is on a very fast moving road and is on abit of a slope so roll back is always a worry when trying to inch out slowerly :open_mouth: and you have to inch out more than you think to get a fully clear view down the road witch yes i had’nt done quit enuff, I thought my line of sight was long enuff and pulled out and at that same moment a car apeared flying down the road witch yes had to slow up not a great deal but still it had too. yep instant fail there. still i drove on knowing it was game over. dispite this i drove sweet as I have ever done. till half way throw on a roundabout I toke the left lane when it should have been the right I knew again it was an instant fail. im ■■■■■■ off more than anything as I failed on things that I didnt think were going to be the problem areas. I had very few minors outside of this. was just 2 majors "f+*k ups. that done for it. straight away too !

dispite f*+king up in two relly dumb ways :blush: strangly i dont relly feel bad about it. just releaved and pleased that i drove as a hole much better than i thought i would do. had i just moved out alittle farther and taken the right lane insted of the left I would have passed. just hope the nervs dont get ahold of me next time now ! :open_mouth:

Sorry to hear that :frowning: Good luck with the next one.

Keep at it jrt I failed mine too a few months ago and plan to do it again when I get the money dont give up on afew mishaps , I did 2 and a half days training and went in for my class two wasnt eatting right and couldnt sleep in the couple of nights coming up to my test , this time im going to do 5 days training, Keep us up to date on the progress , :slight_smile:

thanks rjm87, sorry to hear you did’nt pass yours ither. 2 days is a small window of training. 5 days should see you pass.

one thing that did relly surprise me was the self dirction test with in the test its self. when the examiner tells you to get somewhere in the city with out him directing you. I understand the reson for this being in the test. just didnt know about it till that moment :open_mouth: gess the trainer arn’t permitted to say that will happen when you go on the test. still i’ll be reddy the next time for that bit. did your trainers not tell you ither about this part ?

Don’t beat yourself up about the fail :frowning: at least you’ll know what to expect next time :sunglasses: the directions wether given verbally or for you to follow off a digram (small map) are easy enough to do, the problem that makes it difficult is purley the fact that you are aware that you are on a ‘test’ & it is not uncommon for test nerves to kick in & sometimes muck things up somewhere along the line :confused: Just calmly listen to the examiner what is required for you to do, & if your not sure, then ask him/her to ‘repeat the instruction please!’ So now you can have a re think on what training is needed, & push on with concentrating on your next test…have you got a fixed yet? I hope all goes well for you :smiley:

Yea jrt I was told about the bit in the test where I would be told where to go but had to follow the signs etc to get there, the bit put me off most was on 2 of the full days my instructor kept on falling asleep when I was driving was like i had to direct myself lol :wink:

jrt:
thanks rjm87, sorry to hear you did’nt pass yours ither. 2 days is a small window of training. 5 days should see you pass.

one thing that did relly surprise me was the self dirction test with in the test its self. when the examiner tells you to get somewhere in the city with out him directing you. I understand the reson for this being in the test. just didnt know about it till that moment :open_mouth: gess the trainer arn’t permitted to say that will happen when you go on the test. still i’ll be reddy the next time for that bit. did your trainers not tell you ither about this part ?

Don’t forget it isn’t an automatic fail to not go in the direction you’ve been told- providing of course you carry out all the correct procedures for what you actually do-and keep it safe and legal

John

rjm87:
Yea jrt I was told about the bit in the test where I would be told where to go but had to follow the signs etc to get there, the bit put me off most was on 2 of the full days my instructor kept on falling asleep when I was driving was like i had to direct myself lol :wink:

sounds to me like you both need a new instructor.

one, jrt.he SHOULD have told you about the independent drive.

two, if he’s asleep you are NOT legal, never mind the not training you aspect.

qwakers:

rjm87:

sounds to me like you both need a new instructor.

one, jrt.he SHOULD have told you about the independent drive.

two, if he’s asleep you are NOT legal, never mind the not training you aspect.

^ This

You paid the guy to sleep :open_mouth: :unamused: if you had an accident then what would have happened :question:

think you might be right animal. going give it some thought befor i rebook. in some ways it may pay to stick it out where i am, know the roads and the truck ect where i am. but then a frest start somwhere diffrent may relly be better in the long run. not sure whats best right now

It’s a disgrace that “trainers” can get away with this. What’s weird is that, from another post from the OP, the OP is happy that the guy knows what he’s doing. It’s beyond belief.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

As you well know Pete, training of this kind is very stressful and the OP probably does think the trainer is ‘brilliant’ until he tries someone else.

I have the misfortune to have tried for my class 2 back in 2002 time. It was with an 1980s ex removals lorry which was painful to drive at the best of times. Really heavy clutch, interesting brakes and I didn’t get enough saddle time.

The mate I went with with the one trainer had other driving time under his belt from doing a bit of shunting via the agency plus his 7.5t driving work. In the 4 hour session a day (4 days) I had about 90 minutes driving, and on the 5th day I failed.

I went back twice more at £300 each ISTR and failed them too, one of them had part of the rear brakes coming apart in the test centre…

So that put me off driving big things for about 5 years, then the universe aligned so that the next vocational licence training I took meant I mostly got one to one training rather than one instructor and two pupils.

But even so, until the trainee has tried another trainer with higher standards then he won’t know what the fault is, or where it lies.

people need to read more carfully what others say. in some ways thay have been good in other ways thay have been bad. ok now what dose that sound like to you 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10… humans right just like you and me. good and bad. i’m dont like slateing people because there simply not 100 %. yes as im finding out throw here form other people it dose seem theres been problems with the training. but I also have to acept that its simply the truth that alot of people have passed first time down there so its also true thya cant tbe that bad ither.

I trained with two different companys I cant say one was better than the other, its what suits you.

Paying for your trainer to fall asleep sometimes is like paying for a TV that only shows 2 channels.

It’s ludicrous.

And then to come on here and say they are good is beyond belief.

Why would you shell out that kind of money for sub standard ‘training’ and expect to pass?

I’m lost for words.

Better luck next time.

Sorry it did’nt happen this time better luck next time, fact is you are the only person in the world that can do this for you, so so get stuck in there sod the nerves and do it, I done it a long time ago and I’n not the brightest crayon in the box.

bad luck on your fail. i think you should reflect on what went wrong for you, pick yourself up, then get yourself focused on what it is you have to do. if you think you havent been trained up in the correct way, then approch the people youve been training with and explain your concerns. if you feel you think you wont get any further, then look in to going some were else. after all your paying alot off YOUR own hard earned cash to do this. i think these 4 or 5 day intensive courses can be to much for certain people to take in, in that time frame, i done my class to over a 10 week period, a lesson a week and passed 1st time.

I have used 2 different trainers in this area had assessments with all 3 btw

Both were god in there own way but I did prefer 1 to the other that was just me & how they done things

It is now up to you if there is another local provider why not go have an assessment with them & see then make up your mind

I have called a couple of instructors on here ( thanks Peter & Rick ) for help & advice they have give me there time free with out question although not used either of them but maybe you could do that :wink: have a chat

thing is the first two days of training i did come away each day pritty happy with how things had gone, as by the end of the first day I had improved and the second day was even better so of couse I thought the trainers must be doing a pritty good job as at the end of the day im getting better.

it was’nt till the last day that the new way of changeing was sprung on me. and it was’nt till i was on the test that I leaned of not being told about the independat test. all this came about at the 11th hour so to speak. but by this point the training and test were alreddy booked and payed for so what could I do but keep at it. it was only by the end of the last day of training and during the test when the probelms arose.

in hine sight now I can see that thay were’nt as good as thay could have been but this only became aprent when it was to late.

Will you be going back to them for the next test or going elsewhere ?