Clarkson on Top Gear

Did any one see Top Gear on Sunday 02/11/08 ? Mr Clarkson was telling his veiwers that lorry drivers spent their time murdering prositutes. Jeremy and James May were driving lorries around an obstacle course, Clarkson said What matters most to lorry drivers murdering prostitutes or fuel economy ?
This is a hard job change gear,change gear, check mirrors, murder a prositute change gears. Maybe he said it in jest ? (sick one though) I am well into my sixties and have been involved in the haulage business most of my working life, maybe its my age but I take exception to the remark and have made a complaint to the BBC via their website… regards Big Al

Already a thread on this point -
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … highlight=

Big Al, although clarkson’s remarks were in bad taste as most of us (with the exception of messers sutcliffe and the guy from norwich) would agree I’d still rather have him as prime minister than gordon brown

we have become a nation of complainers and moaners,if that was said round a truck stop table you would of laughed ye socks off.were has ye sense of humour gone.

:laughing: if we complained about everytrhing said all we would do is complain so free up and laugh a little but gotta admit the news was funnyer especialy when they asked the drivers and they said it was great

Well i suppose that coz i drive a truck that is fully auto that must mean
that as i dont have to change gear i would have more time on my hand’s
to commit more murder’s “INTERESTING” :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Ok guys each to their own opinion. May be I’m too old, may be I’m too moral. May be all those Sunday mornings when I was young spent in the Primative Methodist Sunday school addled my brain, I still think it was in extremely bad taste, even prostitutes have caring families. regards Big Al

I think you have to take Clakson with a pinch of salt. He’s only trying to get a laugh and I think you should only take offence if your dumping a body at a layby.
Don’t blame Clarkson blame Peter Sutcliffe and that bloke from Poole

quite agree with ya there stupot! i did my self find it amusing! along with the hammonds dismal attempt at hitching a trailor!!
read a interesting article yesterday though- it only recieved 160ish complaints…until the media picked up on it then it jumped to over 600!!
ah well said me bit!