Clarkson's outrageous comments

The BBC has been plunged into fresh controversy after Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson made jokes linking truck drivers with the murders of prostitutes.
Almost 200 viewers complained about the presenter’s quip, featured in Sunday’s episode of the BBC motoring show.
Behind the wheel of an HGV, Clarkson said: ‘It really is a hard job and I’m not just saying that to gain favour with truck drivers. That’s a lot of effort in a day.’
‘You’ve got to change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirror…murder a prostitute. Change gear, change gear, murder. That’s a lot of effort in a day.’
Truckers’ groups and charities demanded an apology and said the BBC’s decision to broadcast the comments ‘beggared belief’.
The United Road Transport Union said they had been inundated with complaints from its 17,000 truck driver members.
dailymail.co.uk/news/article … versy.html

I am outraged. I know many lorry drivers and most have only killed one, or at most two, prostitutes.

Some people just need to get a life it was light hearted entertainment nothing more nothing less I for one found it hilarious as do many others too Top Gear=Top show and long may it continue to be so .

god some folk need to get a grip, they all know what clarkson is like he does put his foot in it but come on seriously

if you take what he said seriously you should go to your local gp asap.

From a truckers point of view it seems that this was not a problem as most seem to take it as ‘Typical Clarkson’ but what about the families of murdered prostitutes - I don’t suppose it would seem quite so funny to them :exclamation:

I am deeply offended by clarksons comments,

I’ve not murdered a prostitute for weeks.

I think it’s this cold weather we’re having. They stay indoors.

I can’t wait for the summer. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Wasn’t there a time when Peter Sutcliffes employer called him back to work and said “It is a rush job Pete, you will have to put the hammer down”.

Jon Gaunt is talking about this on Talksport now.

JeffA:
Truckers’ groups and charities demanded an apology and said the BBC’s decision to broadcast the comments ‘beggared belief’.
The United Road Transport Union said they had been inundated with complaints from its 17,000 truck driver members.

All these so called organisations saying they represent us, say we are upset by the comment. But surely this forum is a good enough measure of truck drivers opinion and hardly a complaint. In fact most who posted seem to have found the whole show funny and took the murding comments as a bit of Clarkson humour.

I think after Woss and Brand the media are just jumping on ban wagons, no doubt driven by those at the BBC who’d like to see the back of Clarkson and co and thier laddish type of show. Want us all to watch nice programs about gerdening and dancing and other gentile pursuit, none of that horrid driving fast cars.

what the hell is the world comin to??clarkie is big gobbed bloke thats always putting his size tens in it,but hey thats why we watck it yes?sorry for the victims and there familys. pc gone wrong ■■ :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

listening to gaunt on talksport, the guy from unite was so far up his own arse it was unbelievable, he said they’d been inundated with emails complaining about clarkson, when pushed he admitted he couldn’t state how many, but it was more than ten.
what an idiot.

It’s Just a simply case of a typical BBC Plebite
not engaeing his pea brain before uttering words of
““So called Wisdom”” Still he could have said some thing
even worse perhaps ■■? :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth:

IS there any differance to the comments made by jonathon Ross & Russell Brand to the comments made by Clarkson :question:

i think clarkson may have something here
white van man
bmw drivers
vauxhall cavalier drivers
sutcliffe drove a ford transconti

I thought it was hilarious :slight_smile:

Truck driving Stig with the sunburn on his arm was classic!!

Clarkson and team make great telly and a blooming relief from I’m a celebrity danceing darts plyer stuck in a jungle rubbish that is on the rest of the time.

Nobody seemed to complain about the reference to the stig having full ■■■■■■■■■■■ with Russell Brands answering machine did they and that was close to the mark ( but still funny) :wink:

Icant afford prostitutes anymore,

In fact i cant even afford
20p to use the air pump,
to inflate my blow up doll “Daisy” :cry:

I wish these do gooders would get a grip…its a unions job to represent its members not tell them whats offensive to them, I remember Jeremy Clarkson writing an article about Truckers in his column in the Sun a few years ago which praised the professionalism of truckers in this country. The only damage he done to the transport industry with his Top Gear stunt was to drivers sides due to the excessive laughter. There wasn’t one driver at our company that didn’t find that episode of Top Gear hilarious. Keep up the good work Jezza, Slow and Hampster, real tele for real men

Every one of our drivers that I spoke to thought it was brilliantly funny.

Governor!:
IS there any differance to the comments made by jonathon Ross & Russell Brand to the comments made by Clarkson :question:

yes they attacked the man, clarkson attacked nobody

mudflap:
i think clarkson may have something here
white van man
bmw drivers
vauxhall cavalier drivers
sutcliffe drove a ford transconti

i’ll put my hands up then :laughing:
i’ve driven all on that list and had a rover 3500 and a couple of corsairs the same as sutcliffe did. :laughing: :laughing:

I’m with Larry on this one. I mean where the hell do the unions get off with going to the media pontificating about what I as a member find offensive? What I do find offensive is them taking the 70k a year the membership pays them and not doing their jobs properly. Clarkson and team make light hearted progammes for mass consumption, a bit like The Sun on tv if ya like. He’s a provider of popular entertainment for Gawds sake, not a twinkletoes liberal. Top Gear does what it says on the tin. If it’s likely to offend you turn off. Lord preserve us from humourless craphats.