Top Gear lorrying!

What do you think about these top gear presenters taking the absolute pi** out of truck drivers?
Did anyone see the funny side cos I did not.
How can talented guys like them not do a hill start??
And who drives without securing their load and bash into each other??
My daughter can drive an artic better than that and she is only 16(on private ground but plenty obstacles)
I mean trucks are so easy to drive these days with power steering and synchromesh gearboxes not like 30 years ago!!

Bit late with this one mate ! been covered to death(bad word lol)
personaly i thought it was FUNNY , you need to remember its a SHOW not a documentry !

this topic has been covered many times on here since the programme first aired on the BBC.

i personally did not see the programme on TV, but i have seen the “offending” clips on YouTube

i found them to be rather funny, not offensive.

At the end of the day, everyone knows what Jeremy Clarkson is like, so, if you don’t like him, don’t watch.

only crime is against comedy, scripted calamity - oh no look what just happened - after how many disscussions, what can we ■■■■ up that a 12 year old will fine funny. might be wrong but did hammond backed under trl, connected the lines then dropped it on its knees without any lines attached■■? off to find the clip on the tube

stevie

stevieboy308:
only crime is against comedy, scripted calamity - oh no look what just happened - after how many disscussions, what can we [zb] up that a 12 year old will fine funny. might be wrong but did hammond back under trl, connect the lines then drop it on its knees without any lines attached■■? off to find the clip on the tube

stevie

to be fair one electric was connected an twanged out

no it was done on purpose

bubsy06:

was it??!!

stevieboy308:

bubsy06:

was it??!!

he drops the trailer twice and you can clearly see no suzies connected

bubsy06:

stevieboy308:

bubsy06:

was it??!!

he drops the trailer twice and you can clearly see no suzies connected

watch it again, it looks like a leccy one get pulled out

uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0gOIXIYElwg right at the end

stevie

sorry :blush: you were right

no offence pal i found it hilarious and if he had said it about caravan drivers everyone on here would have found it funny some people need to lighten up imho :laughing: :laughing:

fozzie:
no offence pal i found it hilarious and if he had said it about caravan drivers everyone on here would have found it funny some people need to lighten up imho :laughing: :laughing:

they did one about caravaning a year or 2 back. cue, “Oh no, look what just happened” captain slow was driving out of a petrol station when he got a metal / concrete post inbetween the car a caravan an smashed the front of the caravan into it. i’d bet they had to unhitch, manouver everything into place re-hitch, drive foward so caravan hit said post, as it’d be hard to get it in that position never mind accidendally do it. scripted calamity / ■■■■■■■■ if you prefer.

for me nothing to be offended because i’m a “drive!!” its just easy ■■■■ comedy

stevie

stevieboy308:

bubsy06:

was it??!!

Yes, look at the legs, they are only wound up half way, so the trailer doesn’t drop too much.

Its not funny in clever funny, its 3 blokes messing around having fun and not really caring who they offend. I don’t mind it, I only see it via internet and I liked the caravan thing and a few others, but I am not every going to learn anything about cars from this program, at least 5th Gear has some factual element to it and I would much rather look at Vickie than any of the 3 blokes.

They do appear to crash and scrape things a lot, funny yeah, but if some cooks starting giving food poisoning to guests on cookery programs were should it end?

I don’t pay the BBC licensee fee, so the cost of the trucks, fuel, wanton mayhem and their over the top wages are of little bother to me, its light hearted nonsense, although very expensive light hearted nonsense. It would have much more funny if the loon had gone through the windscreen and had the cab land on top of him.

I thought trucker stig was hilarious. He even had the fat gut…and the look on Hammonds face when he nearly had the truck on it’s side for entering that bend too quick was a picture…

It’s only a show. It took some nerve to drive through that brick wall though. Did you see the ERF, the cab nearly got ripped of it’s mountings. :wink:

saw the program found it really funny until the prostitute comment, just for the record this is why, a mate of mine ran a boozer in bradford, one of his regulars was a young student called barbara leach , she wasnt a prostitute, just a smashing young kid at the begining of her life, that twisted ■■■■■■■ sutcliffe left her looking like she had been on a butchers table, her parents couldnt face i d,ing her, so my pal did it for them , the bloke still has bad dreams about what he saw, i used to look forward to top gear, but thats it for me , i thought billy connoly was a brilliant comedian, but after the ken bigley comment i turn the telly over, u can snear and scoff to your hearts content, and tell me im being over sensitive but come on, is it really funny ,i for one dont think so