Clamping

For everyones benefit…which motorway services are worst for clamping■■?..Also I noticed a lot of lorries parking in the coach area’s late at night, without getting clamped…Have motorway services changes the rules and allowed trucks to park there…from and up till a certain time…similar to knutsford services…7pm-7am■■?

I was just about to say Knutsford…

I think they figure out there aren’t going to be many coaches coming in through the night and they would rather got your £18 or what ever for parking there rather than leaving the space empty all night.

I reckon Thurrock is the worst for clamping if you dare to go in the coach interchange, night or day, but at least they do give you chance to move, those that don’t deserve the clamp.

So your saying Wheel Nut…they actually wake you up…request you to move…if not…then clamp you…rather than just sneak it on…!!!..If so you certainly can’t argue with that… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

SuperSmiley:
So your saying Wheel Nut…they actually wake you up…request you to move…if not…then clamp you…rather than just sneak it on…!!!..If so you certainly can’t argue with that… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Not so sneaky, they seem like a permanent fixture around the site, they will come and tell you when you park there, move or we will clamp you (in my experience anyway)

To be fair, the coach park is used 24 hours as an interchange point

Wheel Nut:

Well then serves you bloody right :smiling_imp: lol

I nearly got clamped 2 years ago at lymm had past Knutsford and then got stuck in traffic 4miles 1.5hrs and was about to give birth to a brown ■■? so I dived into pops a parked slapped bang in the coach bays jumped out didnt even lock the door and ran to the toilet. upon on my return somewhat 5mins later I seen a van and a big yellow thing coming out of the back and a voice said is this your truck drive. I explained the situation and he let me go. I wasnt that arsed but there wasnt even a coach in any of the bays.

Steve-o:

Wheel Nut:

Well then serves you bloody right :smiling_imp: lol

We used to do the occasional changeover, normally they didn’t mind that as long as you went as soon as you had swapped. It saves waking any other drivers up :smiley:

a interesting development going on near my house at the moment.

private road at the side of the tesco express on duke street, private clamping contractor clamped a white vauxhall notice states car will be towed after 2 hours if release fee not paid.

now the interesting part. the car owner put a notice on his car when he parked cant remember exactly how it it worded but in effect if this car is clamped you are entering into a contract to reimbuse all my expenses etc etc. i will try to look and get the exact wording. but after 2 days the car has not been towed away. and the police are monitoring the situation. so maybe and if i remember someone put something on here about a reverse contract.
if anyone is passing ipswich its tythe road at the side of the tesco express on duke street. white vauxhall astra on the left hand side.

Friend of mine got clamped today at Daventry.

Pulled out of 99p stores,near Netto,stopped to recheck his load,got onto the back of the trailer,and got the Denver Boot applied!!! :angry: Couldn’t have been parked more than 2 minutes.

£150 later,the FH was released.

Ken.

just got home. car still in situ but drivers note gone. cop car still driving past every now and then. could be more to this than meets the eye just had a look and the disclaimer left on the car has totally gone but clampers notice very clearly states if clamp and parking fine not paid within 2 hours car will be removed at owners expense. nearly 3 days now. so might be something in this.

quick update. car is still in situ :slight_smile:. not been towed away yet so 4 days now. wish i had noted what the “reverse” contract said now. spoke to tosco security guard who reckons bloke with astra in no hurry to get his car back as clampers agreed to his contract when they clamped him and he is racking up the compo claim and has another car anyway. watch this space as they say :smiley:

just nipped home for lunch and car is still there minus the clamp :smiley: :smiley:

notice to clampers is

that “by attaching any device to my vehicle you enter into an unwritten contract transfering ownership of any such device to me” am I then entitled to take any action I like to that addition, including removal with angle grinder or whatever …?also my car is parked in accordance with parking rules laid down by ipswich council. the road is a private road. no sign implies that it is not dedicated as a public highway therefore your contract is with the roads owners. this road must now be classed as “unadopted” so therefore you do not have a valid contact with which to clamp any vehicle parked on this road apart from infront of the houses situated 200yars away. that belong to a private housing association and have no rights over a unadopted road.

sweet eh :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

r slicker:
i remember someone put something on here about a reverse contract.

Page down a bit,

their conditions of contract are worthless, probably confused the clamper for several days though :grimacing: he probably had to get his mum to read it and explain it to him :smiling_imp: