Thieving scumbag clampers

last night one of my drivers took ill and went into lymm truck stop, when he got into the lorry park it was overflowing and he could not find a space, so he parked in the coach bay for all of five mins while he rushed into the toilet, when he got back the guys were clamping the truck.
Their excuse was that it was parked in the wrong area, my driver explained that he had taken ill and couldnot get parked in the truck area the clampers response was tough.
Meanwhile a stretch limo parked in the bus bay he was clamped then released straight away after telling the clampers it was a pcv vehicle which was lies, over to the left where my driver was parked there was a coach parked in the car area did he get clamped NO.
All in all this little incident cost me £330 to get de-clamped.
So what is going to happen when the scottish drivers are approaching their maximum driving time and the lorry park is full,
They are either going to get clamped or fined for driving over their time.
Its about time the hauliers started boycotting service stations that use the clampers because if it wasnt for the hauliers using their services 24/7 365 they would struggle to keep open because the coaches are seasonal.

One irate transport Manager

hi shona, you can find information on wheel clamping the rights and wrongs at the british parking associations website.
i suggest you get a driver to take photo’s of the so called bus bays and the signage for wheel clamping.
you need to follow the appeal process as laid out by parking control management (uk) ltd but i don’t expect you to have any joy with that but you may fare better with moto over the lack of correct signage for the operation of wheel clamping and the fact that the so called bus bays are not to a required standard and have no passenger disembarkation area by the side of them (health and safety risk), that the markings which claim the bays to be for the use of busses only is not clearly visible and does not cover the entire bus parking area, the signage is also inadequate as there are just 2 signs for the entire row of bus bays and neither of the signs are clearly visdible to a driver in a truck unless they were to park directly in front of them, the signs are also angled towards the floor instead of being at cab window height and facing up or straight outwards.
britishparking.co.uk/
alternatively type clamping into a search engine and you should find more info.

alternatively,suggest to your drivers they obey the parking rules set down for any particular area.

after all if he had got away with it we wouldnt be hearing this.
ive no sympathy at all for folk who whine when there caught. :wink:

ohterry:
alternatively,suggest to your drivers they obey the parking rules set down for any particular area.

I agree with that.

i thought he was took ill :confused:

Depends on being ill, if you have to quickly sit on a toilet then its a tricky one anything else could go out the window. We all know or should do that venturing into the coach parking is asking for it these days, so if I had to sit down on a toilet in a hurry and the truck park was looking full, I think I would try to make it to the gas station, stick the hazzards on and run for it buttocks clenched.

Options to detere the clampers:

Plan A buy an inflatable doll, draw some tattoos on arms, in one of the exciting holes for your pleasure, stick a ciggie and dump it in the driving seat when you leave the truck. The clamper may try to talk to it, but it will not be able to comunicate, so the clamper will think its normal and not want to risk a trucky thump.

Plan B is make a big paper bag and slip it over the truck, a disguse if you will in the painted shape of a bus. Although looking at the state of the clampers, perhaps writting in the dirt under “please clean me and I wish my wife was this dirty” you could write “576 Queensbury, correct change only” would fool them.

Plan C is try to reason with the clamper that the bus parking is empty and the truck park is full, that your driving time is up and it would be illegal to drive anymore. In this case you must make sure the truck is very dirty or you have a very big bag.

Andy

Isnt the coach park part of the lorry park?? I’m sure its just a row of spaces against the rear of the hotel and cb shop? Ive seen loads of trucks park there (myself included) and weve never been bothered. bolt cutters spring to mind !
:laughing:

drew128:
Depends on being ill, if you have to quickly sit on a toilet then its a tricky one anything else could go out the window. We all know or should do that venturing into the coach parking is asking for it these days, so if I had to sit down on a toilet in a hurry and the truck park was looking full, I think I would try to make it to the gas station, stick the hazzards on and run for it buttocks clenched.

Options to detere the clampers:

Plan A buy an inflatable doll, draw some tattoos on arms, in one of the exciting holes for your pleasure, stick a ciggie and dump it in the driving seat when you leave the truck. The clamper may try to talk to it, but it will not be able to comunicate, so the clamper will think its normal and not want to risk a trucky thump.

Plan B is make a big paper bag and slip it over the truck, a disguse if you will in the painted shape of a bus. Although looking at the state of the clampers, perhaps writting in the dirt under “please clean me and I wish my wife was this dirty” you could write “576 Queensbury, correct change only” would fool them.

Plan C is try to reason with the clamper that the bus parking is empty and the truck park is full, that your driving time is up and it would be illegal to drive anymore. In this case you must make sure the truck is very dirty or you have a very big bag.

Andy

Plan D take a battery powered grinder with you :wink: (mopacc no longer available :cry: )

Plan E: park where you’re supposed to and put the clampers out of business :wink:

So what is going to happen when the scottish drivers are approaching their maximum driving time and the lorry park is full,

They’ll get a sharp lesson in better planning and learn not to leave it until crisis point before stopping…

shona:
last night one of my drivers took ill and went into lymm truck stop, when he got into the lorry park it was overflowing and he could not find a space, so he parked in the coach bay for all of five mins while he rushed into the toilet, when he got back the guys were clamping the truck.
Their excuse was that it was parked in the wrong area, my driver explained that he had taken ill and couldnot get parked in the truck area the clampers response was tough.

Wait till they have gone, then have a little “accident” on the clamp (take a dump on it)

At this point you pay the release fee but demand IMMEDIATE release of the vehicle :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
(note, if they say they need to get something to wash the clamp off with, start muttering false imprisonment, release this second or I call the police)

would be worth the release fee :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :smiling_imp:

ohterry:

having been there and looked at the signs i have to say that i think that they are deliberately misleading.
firstly there are no new signage points, all of the new signs have been placed over the old signs, they are all almost identical to the older signs.
the bus bays are not clearly marked out and trucks have been allowed to park in the bus bays for years, now the rules have changed then this new ruling should be highlighted in an effective manner.
how many people will read the same sign post every time they enter a building, car park, booking office etc. you don’t unless it’s new.
nobody reads the same signs every time they go to a place, you read the sign the first time you go and if you ever read it again it’s because you are extremely bored and are looking for spelling mistakes in the sign to releive the boredom.
i think that the duplication of new signs where the old signs were placed is a deliberate attempt to hide the fact that new parking enforcement procedures are in place.

If you are to park illegally block the clampers van in a space and then see if they will clamp you.

having parked in the coach bays the other night, i must admit i was at a loss to why no one else was parked there,til it was pointed out to me by a kind fellow trucker.i promptly moved.
we all slag each other off though and whine and winge but if we all stcuk together we would beat them,if the frogs can do it we can,but do we stick together… no. any trucker worth his/her salt who witnessed this act should be ashamed of not helping a fellow trucker,if the poor guy had the runs and was last seen trotting to the toilets why did no one think to mention it to the clampers?? instead someone sat and watched, right or wrong parking there, lets stick together and look out for each other

Saw a nice little 12v angle grinder the other day…15 quid…handy little tool to keep in your cab…must dispose of the evidence though…and its your word against theirs as to whether they actually clamped in the first place…
Nice thought…

truckyboy:
Saw a nice little 12v angle grinder the other day…15 quid…handy little tool to keep in your cab…must dispose of the evidence though…and its your word against theirs as to whether they actually clamped in the first place…
Nice thought…

i though nowadays they took a digital photo of the lorry with the clamp on.

jessicas dad:

truckyboy:
Nice thought…

i though nowadays they took a digital photo of the lorry with the clamp on.

Those ■■■■■■ will nick anything nowadays :wink: :wink:

You say my truck was wheelclamped :question: when :question: where :question: get outta town :exclamation:

Big Joe:
Those ■■■■■■ will nick anything nowadays :wink: :wink:

You say my truck was wheelclamped :question: when :question: where :question: get outta town :exclamation:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I likes your style Joe “I know nuffink officer” :laughing: :laughing:

truckyboy:
Nice thought…

Old oakwoods drivers think alike… just make sure you use a cutting disc and you’ll be through it in ten secs! How do i know? I couldn’t possibly say…:wink:

As for taking ill and parking in the wrong place I was a bit surprised at the lack of sympathy for the original poster… :open_mouth:

On Jan 8th this year I pulled into Clackets and i was in a hurry,so much so that I never considered parking anywhere else but the coach parking area cos it’s nearest the loo! I do have an underlying medical condition that flares up now and again which means I do my Allan Wells impersonation. On this occasion the coach park was completely empty as was the truck park,virtually. I went inside and returned after 5 minutes to see some jobsworth with his notebook out (WTF do they get these people? Who in their right mind wants that job?)

I explained politey to jobsworth my predicament after he had told me I shouldn’t be parking there which I know full well. This made not one iota of difference to jobsworth who continued writing and telling me what I shouldn’t be doing. At this point I invited him to go forth and multiply. Off I go. TWO months later a letter arrives on behalf of CP Parking from their solicitors Trethowans,requesting the wages I’d earned that day by way of a forfeit for daring to park for 5 minutes on a bit of ground that wasn’t being used unless the Germans were going to change their minds about operation Sealion!

Now anyone who knows anything about me will tell you that this sort of racket is right up my street, I love a row with these kind of tossers! For the past year I’ve been doing agency work for a regular client so it was their vehicle and they who informed me about this “demand”. I enjoy working for this client and the agency I’m on with so I didn’t want to shoot myself in the foot but you have to make a stand sometimes. I told them straight off the bat , no matter what the consequences I wouldn’t be paying the “demand”. I then wrote to Trethowans outlining the events more or less as I’ve described to you with the exception that I did not tell them they had a snowballs chance in hell of getting any money out of me. I just left it to the basic facts. I never heard another word… :wink:

why allow coaches in a TRUCK stop anyway.

m.s.a yes
truckstops NO