Clamping at services

beware and be careful…pulled into the services near leamington Spa…N/B about 7am…and there was three lorries…with clamps on…parked in the wide-load parking area…

it could have been cos they hadn’t paid…but i reckon the cheeky…service station parking company…is just scamming drivers…for parking in the area

PS: the rest of the car park was still pretty full…

Toddington Services will clamp any lorry not parked in the lorry park.This will include the coach park,service roads and next to the fuel station.If having a 45 and not in lorry park,i wouldn’t leave your truck.

Not a problem in Scotland, clamping is illegal when parked on private land and generally unheard of anywhere else :laughing:

bossjock:
Not a problem in Scotland, clamping is illegal when parked on private land and generally unheard of anywhere else :laughing:

The best arguement I’ve heard for devolution - for England :wink: :laughing:

extrucker:
Toddington Services will clamp any lorry not parked in the lorry park.This will include the coach park,service roads and next to the fuel station.If having a 45 and not in lorry park,i wouldn’t leave your truck.

This is a common sight at Toddington.

Actually, its not a common sight. They normally park further out from the kerb than that guy and also he has his lights on indicating that he may be having a break there. Usually they overnight there!!

Spardo:

bossjock:

The best arguement I’ve heard for devolution - for England :wink: :laughing:

I’m one of the biggest, and longest standing advocates for English Home Rule that there is !!

Up the English I say !! :laughing:

That reminds me…i`ve got a container load of bolt cutters going very cheap, found them floating up the thames…seriously…carry a set of bolt cutters in your cab …theyre not expensive…and [zb] the clampers…just cut the thing off and dump it…they gotta prove they clamped you in the first place…

truckyboy:
That reminds me…i`ve got a container load of bolt cutters going very cheap, found them floating up the thames…seriously…carry a set of bolt cutters in your cab …theyre not expensive…and [zb] the clampers…just cut the thing off and dump it…they gotta prove they clamped you in the first place…

Love it! :smiley:

I’ve seen them take a photo of the clamp on the vehicle, but I’d still cut it off.

We’ve had several done in Thurrock and Baldock recently.

Saw a furniture removal rigid with a clamp on in Baldock coack park a month or so back. Can’t remember the firm. Yellow motor with blue lettering.

Parked my truck in the last space in the truck park, went to the toilet and to get a few bits out of Somerfield. Came out and they’d clamped the bloke in what could have only been 5 minutes. He wasn’t there when I went in or I’d have warned him.

apparently, several years back, one of russel davis’s got clamped, but they clamped his lift axle, he just raised it and came home :laughing:

The Spaniard parked on the police ramp on the M20 tonight will need Truckyboy tomorrow as there was a big yellow clamp on his front wheel :stuck_out_tongue:

That will be in the Spanish edition of Well Boss!

A mate said he has seen them clamping. He said they creep around so quietly it’s almost funny.

He waits until the clamper is crouching down and blows his horn several times. result is a bumped clampers head and an irate driver telling the clamper that he only has a few seconds to remove the clamp, himself and his van before he get his boots on.

And I admit that I would run blk naked after them with just my boots on. They really wouldn’t want me to wake up.

These clampers are so big and tough that they always travel in pairs.

Wheel Nut:
The Spaniard parked on the police ramp on the M20 tonight will need Truckyboy tomorrow as there was a big yellow clamp on his front wheel :stuck_out_tongue: …Quote]

Off thread a touch but there was an 18 seater Coach parked on a Police ramp on the M8 this evening between J30 & J29. Not quite on it but not quite off it either, idiot had run up the restraining wall and ended up balancing on it !!
:laughing: :laughing:

bossjock:

Wheel Nut:
The Spaniard parked on the police ramp on the M20 tonight will need Truckyboy tomorrow as there was a big yellow clamp on his front wheel :stuck_out_tongue: …Quote]

Off thread a touch but there was an 18 seater Coach parked on a Police ramp on the M8 this evening between J30 & J29. Not quite on it but not quite off it either, idiot had run up the restraining wall and ended up balancing on it !!
:laughing: :laughing:

That was indeed some parking! how he managed it is anyones guess, but im sure the police will give him some points for managing it! - and a parking ticket!

what happens when they clamp a ADR–HAZ TANKER

I wonder who panics first when the police are called,

and what then happens when the driver refuses to pay,

brit pete:
what happens when they clamp a ADR–HAZ TANKER

I wonder who panics first when the police are called,

I’d love it if they clamped me with a load of stock on, we’d have Defra, the RSPCA and me on their case :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Denis F:
I’d love it if they clamped me with a load of stock on, we’d have Defra, the RSPCA and me on their case :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe you could get one of the beasts to pass a well aimed, er… ‘comment’ directly onto their head as they are applying the clamp. :wink:

truckyboy:

I lent a German bloke my set of cutters at clackett lane, he was parked in the coach bays right outside the entry doors. He did’nt manage it, he was only about 5’ tall and had’nt got the strength, and I did’nt really want to get clocked helping him. The trouble is the chains are hardened, so they need to be a decent pair with long handles to get the leverage on, but a few deft blows of a hammer on the cutter jaws when they’re under full pressure does wonders :stuck_out_tongue:

flying_fenman:
I’ve seen them take a photo of the clamp on the vehicle, but I’d still cut it off.

To right, if they leave clamps lying around, they are bound to get nicked :stuck_out_tongue: , I blame the gipo’s :smiling_imp:

brit pete:

They reckon they will tow you away and impound it.

I was clamped at Thurrock last November for parking in the coach bays.
Cost me £250

Only nipped in to go to bog .

I e-mailed them to complain and this is the reply i got.

I have had forwarded to me your email referring to your vehicle having been clamped on the 2nd November at the above location.

I note that whilst you had paid initially to park, you then moved your vehicle for whatever reason to park an area which is not designated for HGV’s and when you returned to your vehicle, it had been immobilised. Your unilateral decision to park in an area not designated for HGV’s is no more permissible when parking on what is in effect private property, than it would be had you parked on the public highway.

The protocols of the enforcement officers, all of whom are licensed by the SIA in accordance with the prevailing legislation, were followed to the letter, and the excuse you have given for parking in a non-designated area would not be acceptable in any location or arena.

Having considered your email I am unable to sanction a refund in this particular instance.

The immobilisation unit were at the time your vehicle was clamped only carrying HGV clamps as opposed to car clamps, and I hope that my response answers your inquiry.

Assuring you of my best attention at all times.

Ian Langdon

Managing Director
CP Plus Ltd.
10 Flask Walk
London NW3 1HE
020 7431 4001