clamping

why is it different for trucks?
if you park illegally in a car (on normal public highways), you get a parking ticket before the clamper is called out after a set period.
with trucks it seems to be immediate clamping, no questions asked :confused:

From what I read on here its seems people get clamped on private grounds ie industrial estates and motorway services by private companies employed by the land owners as such I suppose they cannot issue parking tickets like Plod for traffic wardens.

i see your point with MSAs but are industrial estates classed as private grounds? if you are sitting on the road outside an RDC, who owns it? are they all owned by deveopers leasing the sites out?

I know some of the industrial estates around here are private land and as such the police seem to not be interested - I thought motorway services land was owned by the Department of Transport and leased to the operator.

a lot of commercial sites are owned by companies
but take Rungis market you pay to go in
Magna Pk is was owned by jointly by Gazely properties / Church comissioners
that includes all the roadways that make up the estate and on road parking is very limited .
Grane park NN, Keresley CV, Prologis estates have no parking bans

so why do we see so many industrial estates with cars abandoned all over the place? we have all been in them. cars on both sides of the road, on corners and every other imaginable stupid place. are they not interested in cars or are these estates not covered by clampers at all?

I seem to remember from many years ago that signs in the counryside which read ‘All Trespassers Will Be Prosecuted’ had no force in law at all and any action could not be taken unless damage was caused.
Surely this principle could be extended to private roads. If no damage or hindrance was caused I can see no reason for it to be any different to one of us restraining someone who wandered into our front gardens. Time for the law to make its mind up what is right and what is plainly wrong.
On the subject of the police having no interest in the subject, just try and avoid/remove a clamp and see how fast they arrive. Ask Rob K. :wink:

Funny how the ‘Law of the land’ cover these roads when they want them to.
If I was trying to teach a15 yr old the basics of driving on one of these ‘private roads’, what’s the betting they would use the law against me citing the old ‘Places where the public have access are bound by the normal rules and regulations’, like when they nick someone sleeping in the car on a car park after having a few too many.

If you look at the fundamental reason as to why, then it would probably be a cynical reason, such as something to do with greed or the love of money. They can make a few quid.

I wish, I just wish people power could swing a few victories. Imagine if every driver who had to deliver to Grange park in Northampton, or the estate where Wincantons are based at Brockworth, Gloucester, refused to go there. Something would get done.

Imagine if all truck drivers could unite for just one day and block the roads like they do in France. I know it is drastic, but enough is enough. For gods sake, what on earth is the problem of parking on the road for a while waiting to be tipped? I read a post on here the other day from some poor driver who got clamped while he snatched half hours sleep sat in a queue in the drivers seat.

Enough is enough.

It is like the Tescos who banned drivers from the cab. I am unaware if that ban is still in force, but imagine if every driver who had to go there simply refused to go there. Every single one. Their policy would change quicker than the blink of an eye.

How much more are truck drivers going to put up with? Even part of our cultural heritage, smoking, is being controlled from somewhere else. Enough is enough. I don’t think it will be long before we do see some kind of protest soon.

If all truck drivers could unite for just one thing, it could change something.
Truck drivers and operators have enormous power. On small scale and large.

I’m probably just rambling, but something is really getting under my skin lately.
Overtaking bans over here will be the next thing, just so Mr. Numpty can get to the office 30 seconds earlier due to his bad time management skills.

Actually, would the overtaking ban apply to a road block or rolling road block? Yes, I suppose it would!

Word of warning.

Do not park on the road at Cardinal Distribution Park (near the A14 / A1198 junction) at Godmanchester, Cambs.

I have seen three Carpet Right and a Hicks (of Newport, I think) clamped there this week.

Release costs £250.

You are right Scanny i was parked for 5 minutes before this happenned to me at Maidstone services and if you are not in a marked truck bay there is no warning they are hideing waiting for you so beware.
The cost of my going to the bog cost £250 to remove they had another 5 trucks clamped that morning while i were there.

s144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/klunk-â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– 

scanny77:
why is it different for trucks?
if you park illegally in a car (on normal public highways), you get a parking ticket before the clamper is called out after a set period.
with trucks it seems to be immediate clamping, no questions asked :confused:

Depends if the road is ‘Adopted’ by the local authority, if it is adopted (open to public access) then it will be maintained by the local authority and will be classed the same as any other highway in terms of policing. Most arterial roads on a trading/industrial estate will be ‘adopted’ . As for vehicles being clamped on trading/industrial estates? technicaly this cannot happen unless you are parked on private sections of the estate, but it does happen and I would challenge any private company that tried this scam on a public highway.

so they only clamp drivers who are not watching their wagon ie sleeping or not in the vehicle? i dont think i have seen anyone mention that they have been clamped while they are sat awake in the drivers seat. that would raise some questions :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

scanny77:
so they only clamp drivers who are not watching their wagon ie sleeping or not in the vehicle? i dont think i have seen anyone mention that they have been clamped while they are sat awake in the drivers seat. that would raise some questions :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

I doubt these limp wristed [zb]'s would clamp anyone if they thought they would be caught in the act… easy pickings when we’re sleeping :open_mouth:

there is that too but i would question the legality of their clamping antics if they dont clamp alert drivers. if they only go for those who are not going to argue, are they clamping within the law? i would suspect they are not

klunk/â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– 
You are right Scanny i was parked for 5 minutes before this happenned to me at Maidstone services and if you are not in a marked truck bay there is no warning they are hideing waiting for you so beware.
The cost of my going to the bog cost £250 to remove they had another 5 trucks clamped that morning while i were there.

Now if you were ■■■■■■■ up that wheel he wouldn’t have been able to clamp it would he? :smiling_imp:

Unless he wanted wet hands! :wink:

scanny77:

It happened to RobK in one of his older diaries. IIRC he tried to drive off to stop them and got arrested by the plods

klunk/â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– 

I would send them a bill for £251 for the damaged caused to the wheel.

if u carry a spare wheel jack truck up take off wheel fit spare carry on journey…there is nothing they can do about it either as long as u dont damage there wheel clamp…I am pretty sure they cant clamp u twice…or park with the trailer slightly over the entrance of the garage or stick the back end out a little to much so other trucks cant pass easily bet they will soon remove the clamp as u are then causing a fire risk and a traffic jam…

just another profiteering racket guys n gals…

saw a guy at tibshelf a few weeks back, he had over slept and he had his mrs with him…
when he woke up he’s clamped, he get the plod from the services plod station to come over, who in turn get the clampers out… they are all there argueing the toss, the next thing, he gets in his cab, closes the curtains and procceds to make his cab bounce about… pretty sure his mrs was enjoying it too lol

i had to leave as my 45 was up… would have loved to have seen the ending…