Christmas Couriers (Now with Video)

Amazon are a ■■■■■■■, arsing, bunch of incompetent turd eaters.

Ordered about £1700 worth of electronics from them the other day, £1100 in presents and a little something for myself (on behalf of santa…) A digital camera, two lenses, an iPod Touch, a special cake fondant printer for mother in law, and numerous other little bits.

Had it delivered to my mothers work as that’s manned from 0600-1930 so better than home where there’s nobody all day.

Come into work this morning to find a soggy parcel in the middle of the yard and the security man staring at it, its so wet the box has fallen away and so has all the packaging inside, revealing a smashed camera lens and a thoroughly ■■■■■■ iPod Touch.

We check the CCTV and it clearly shows at 20:00 last night a courier pulling up in a van, seeing it’s all shut up and throwing the parcel 25 feet, over a 10ft security fence topped with barbed wire, and landing square in a huge 2 inch deep puddle, all in the middle of a huge thunderstorm. Then skidding his van out of the car park.

Call Amazon this morning and apparently it’s nothing to do with them! I need to get in contact with their courier, do that and now as it’s near Christmas they are using Sub-contractors so they can’t immediately find out who it was and if it’s been marked as delivered so I need to write to them and allow them 45 days to determine if it is their fault or not.

Told them I have CCTV footage of it being done, and they aren’t interested at all as they have no mechanism in place for receiving and viewing CCTV footage.

I am absolutely fuming and if I don’t get this sorted quickly then Christmas for a lot of my family is going to be ruined.

Anyone ever had any issues with Amazon and got tips on how to resolve?

find out who the courier was then contact his depot and claim on his/her insurance

you have a contract with whoever you bought the items from off amazon.

you need to contact each supplier. the onus is on them to chase it up with the delivery company not you. You engaged in a paid contract with the supplier to safely deliver the goods, the fact that supplier sub-contracted out the delivery is of no concern to you.
Write them a strongly worded letter / email demanding they sort the matter out within 14 days or take them to the small claims court.

Go smash the couriers face in! :imp:

lee mc67:
Go smash the couriers face in! :imp:

Yeah, thats an option but it maybe better to do it this way-

This is from their website-
“”“To cancel your purchase within the seven-working-day cooling-off period, please visit our Returns Support Centre and print out a personalised return label for your item, giving the reason for the return as “I just don’t want it anymore”. Please package the relevant item securely and send it to us using the personalised return label within 30 days following the date that the item was delivered to you.”“”"

Also-

“”"For your protection, we recommend that you use a recorded-delivery service if the value of the return is more than 50 GBP.

Please note that you will be responsible for the costs of returning the items to us UNLESS we delivered the item to you in error, or if the item is DAMAGED or defective. If we do not receive the item back from you with the delivery slip, we may arrange for collection of the item from your residence at your cost.“”“”

End quote. I also changed to red the relevant ‘buz words’ there.

So then, to say “its not their problem” according to their own T&C’s is absolute BS.
Get that form printed and send the lot back saying its all WATER DAMAGED and Damaged in general.
Let us know how it goes.

Scarab:
Call Amazon this morning and apparently it’s nothing to do with them! I need to get in contact with their courier, do that and now as it’s near Christmas they are using Sub-contractors so they can’t immediately find out who it was and if it’s been marked as delivered so I need to write to them and allow them 45 days to determine if it is their fault or not.

This is such a load of [zb] its nearly amusing. According to the distance selling regulations it has everything to do with them!! You also do not need to get in contact with their courier, thats their [zb] problem!
“”“Allow 45 days”“” again, laughable. 7 day cooling off period, send the lot the back and claim the postage.

=============================================================
From Forum Rule #3:

The quickest way to find out if a word is allowed or not is to include it in a posting, and if the auto censor gets it, it is not allowed.

Re-spelling or doctoring a word to get it past the censor does NOT suddenly make the word allowable.

:bulb: You agreed to this when you signed-up. dd.

burn a copy of the CCTV and send that to them with the returned goods.

What you going to do about the presents though.

jessicas dad:
What you going to do about the presents though.

Get the lot from ebuyer! Brilliant firm, had a few grand’s worth from them over the years, never a problem.

ebuyer.com/

As far as I understand the “sale of goods act” it’s there problem. The same if you buy faulty goods from a shop it’s the shop you go to in the first instance not the manufacturer.

Contact them by email and copy in or just tell them you are going to contact BBC Watchdog or something similar.

You have made a deal with Amazon so its up to them to sort things out,how could the courier be so dumb?I use Amazon a fair bit and had no problems with them.

Rang them and insisted that I talk to a manager in a UK call centre, finally got through to one. I told them I had the footage ready to upload to youtube and to send to the BBC News Website and Watchdog.

They have given me £50 in compensation and said that I’ll have all the replacements by tomorrow at 9am, and that they’ll contact me at a later date to arrange the return of the broken items.

All in all not a bad result, but it’s a shame I had to threaten them to get it done.

Result. :smiley:

Yeah, what a great result!
As you say though its abit of a shame you had to threaten them with a big stick in the form of a some CCTV footage, Youtube is also every firms nightmare now but can be a very good tool for the unfortunate comsumer. :grimacing:

Is it those hdnl/yodel ■■■■■?

Do a number 2 in a jiffy bag and post it to the courier.

Better still, get him to come and collect it.

I’m looking forward to seeing the CCTV footage on YouTube, after you receive your replacement goods of course :unamused:

Glad you got it sorted out Scarab.

muckles:
As far as I understand the “sale of goods act” it’s there problem.

Nah, I think it comes under the “The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000”

More of which is at Direct.gov.uk

How is the replacement order going to get delivered?

Usless cants (other vowels are available, got that off here :stuck_out_tongue: ). I ordered a new (trucking appropriately) sat nav for my first ever shift after passing my test and paid for next day before 1pm delivery.

After an email from amazon saying it had been dispatched, I watched it on the courriers website saying it was with them the night before and then it was out for delivery. 1pm came and went and after a very restrained phone call to the courier it turned out amazon had missed the couriers deadline so they couldn’t deliver it on time.

The next day I called the (luckily freephone) courier at 11.30 and stayed on hold being told I was in a queue and my call was important to them blah blah… only for the line to go dead bang on 12 o’clock. I tried calling back but the recorded message said were open 8till 12.

Four phone calls later to amazon (irritating condacending yank accents) I was told I could have the express delivery money refunded and my sat nav turned up SIX days later.

Bankers!!! (other consonants are available, like a rude countdown)