Delivery drivers followed by tealeaves

Story in the mail today - tealeaves are following amazon vans and lifting the parcels off the doorstep after they “deliver” them

Unbelievable. If only those drivers would take their package back when it’s clear there’s no one home instead of dumping it outside…Guess that’s the level of service you get for ‘free’’ delivery hey-hey! Wait until they start deploying those delivery drones, the 2nd hand drone market on ebay will EXPLOD :grimacing:

This is News? They were doing exactly the same thing 40 years ago when I joined the Police. Except it was mostly mail order catalogue stuff delivered by Royal Mail (although I think some of them had their own fledgling delivery networks as well).

They’re known…

In the US as porch pirates. Ytube is full of clips of people stealing parcels, falling over, getting run over, getting beaten up or being shot at.

There’s also a whole section on people who leave dog-crap bombs in parcels with tracking devices and live feed video then they detonate them when the thief opens the box.

ETS:
Unbelievable. If only those drivers would take their package back when it’s clear there’s no one home instead of dumping it outside…Guess that’s the level of service you get for ‘free’’ delivery hey-hey! Wait until they start deploying those delivery drones, the 2nd hand drone market on ebay will EXPLOD :grimacing:

You’d be amazed how many people leave notes on the front door asking for the item to be left somewhere and not to take it back to the D/O.
When I worked in delivery, I always left a P739 if the occupant wasn’t in. I used to get neighbours shouting from across the road that they’ll take it for them. One thing I learned is to always cover yourself.

I’ve got a sign on my door saying where to leave packages, Amazon are the only ones that have problems following the simple instructions

Yesterday they got closer…

This is in addition to the instructions on my account which Amazon ask for

I have never understood how people cant organise themselves to be in for a delivery. Most companys they are going to be there and a app to track your delivery. I realise that occastionaly somthing happends but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to be able to organise with a neighbour to take it in and put a note on the special instructions.

No reason for not making prior arrangements for receiving an Amazon delivery as there are facilities on its site to make prior arrangements ie where to leave it either on your premises or with a neighbour. Not always down to sloppy delivery drivers

This piece of news should be filed in the same section as Boris Johnson is a clown :laughing: :laughing:

nickyboy:
I’ve got a sign on my door saying where to leave packages, Amazon are the only ones that have problems following the simple instructions

Yesterday they got closer…

This is in addition to the instructions on my account which Amazon ask for

A pink front door , dear me

cooper1203:
I have never understood how people cant organise themselves to be in for a delivery. Most companys they are going to be there and a app to track your delivery. I realise that occastionaly somthing happends but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to be able to organise with a neighbour to take it in and put a note on the special instructions.

That’s fine if you want to be at home from 8am to 9 or 10pm, but some of us have things to do during the day.
Around here in MK, Hermes couriers don’t even look at door numbers, they just roll up to where their sat nav says the address is and deliver it there.
You then get a message saying it’s been delivered with co-ordinates for the delivery address, which isn’t the correct address when viewed on google maps.
And not everyone takes parcels for their neighbours.

Dav1d:

cooper1203:

That’s fine if you want to be at home from 8am to 9 or 10pm, but some of us have things to do during the day.
Around here in MK, Hermes couriers don’t even look at door numbers, they just roll up to where their sat nav says the address is and deliver it there.
You then get a message saying it’s been delivered with co-ordinates for the delivery address, which isn’t the correct address when viewed on google maps.

i reiterate once the parcel is out for delivery you get a 2 hour window at the most so no need to wait from 8am-10pm. Its a while since i have done it but i think even amazon gives you a delivery slot when you chose thier deliver by 10pm option. and who said you had to wait in the entire 2 hours use the app and see where they are in thier list of deliverys if they are on number 23 and your number 89 then you have time to pop to the shops for the pint of milk or whatever. I guess ill have to try harder with the neighbours though i havent managed to annoy them so much yet that they wont take in a parcel.

I have been waiting for a delivery for three days now. Courier is a well know national concern. Each day there tracking system says it will be deivered between 7am - 10pm. but the package is always back in the depot by 4.30pm as unable to deliver and will try tomorrow.

The only way to communicate with them is “web chat” via their app.

They have told me they cannot find my post code (the correct one is on the address label as confirmed by them)
I have given them specific directions haw to reach me via the adjacent post code however they consider that as a post code amendment unauthorised by the sender
Basic problem is we have a newish post code (it is on Royal Mail post code finder) but the courier systems are out of date.

Twist in the tale is the same company made a successful delivery to me six weeks ago.

Tyneside

tyneside:
I have been waiting for a delivery for three days now. Courier is a well know national concern. Each day there tracking system says it will be deivered between 7am - 10pm. but the package is always back in the depot by 4.30pm as unable to deliver and will try tomorrow.

They have told me they cannot find my post code (the correct one is on the address label as confirmed by them)
I have given them specific directions haw to reach me via the adjacent post code however they consider that as a post code amendment unauthorised by the sender
Basic problem is we have a newish post code (it is on Royal Mail post code finder) but the courier systems are out of date.

Twist in the tale is the same company made a successful delivery to me six weeks ago.

Tyneside

new builds are a pain. couldnt get takeaway for a good 3 months as no where recognised the postcode. Even the ambulance service couldnt find the address.

cooper1203:

Dav1d:

cooper1203:

i reiterate once the parcel is out for delivery you get a 2 hour window at the most so no need to wait from 8am-10pm. Its a while since i have done it but i think even amazon gives you a delivery slot when you chose thier deliver by 10pm option. and who said you had to wait in the entire 2 hours use the app and see where they are in thier list of deliverys if they are on number 23 and your number 89 then you have time to pop to the shops for the pint of milk or whatever. I guess ill have to try harder with the neighbours though i havent managed to annoy them so much yet that they wont take in a parcel.

What you say me be true in certain circumstances but not all. The delivery I refer to in my last post does not give any windows merely states delivery between 7.00am - 10pm. There is no live tracking and no option to access live tracking. When I ordered the goods the retailer web site did not give me the option to upgrade the delivery to a tracked system. I also reiterate the courier is a very large national concern with two depots within ten mile of my address.

cooper1203:

tyneside:

Tyneside

new builds are a pain. couldnt get takeaway for a good 3 months as no where recognised the postcode. Even the ambulance service couldnt find the address.

Thing is it is not a new build. It is two large semis being converted into flats, originally built in 1907. Because there will be eleven dwellings where there was two the relevant bodies decided to give the building it’s own post code. The property itself still stands on the road that has the original post code. hence me giving the directions to the courier.
Tyneside

cooper1203:

Sometimes you get notified of a 2 hour delivery window, sometimes you don’t. As any such notification typically gets sent between 7am and 9am it’s a bit late to go finding an obliging neighbour when your own working day started a couple of hours earlier and you’re 50 miles down the road.

Sometimes there is live tracking information available, sometimes not (even when it is, it will often show progress with about half a dozen stops to go just as the driver arrives at the door).

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

whats the confustion here■■?

I work sun to thurs one week and sun to fri the next in the afternoons so if i want somthing to be delivered i either chose the friday i am home or the saturday of either week or if i cant do that a morning delivery. that gives me 17 different time slot options in a fortnight. when i get the text the night before saying my parcel will be delivered the next day if it is a day i am going to be working because i genuinly had no other option i walk 20 yards and knock on my neighbours door and ask could they possibly take in a parcel for me if the driver is delayed and it comes when i am out. then when i wake up the next morning with a text time slot i add special instructions if needs be. If it is a day off i then plan my day around the delivery slot and the position of the delivery driver. if he has half a dozen left i dont go out if he had 50 left i might run an errond that takes 10 mins etc

Never have a problem with deliveries, Amazon DPD and Royal Mail have a parcel tracking facility so we know roughly when to expect their arrival, and with Hermes we have the same local driver who knows who or where to deliver if we are not in.

I’m lucky as my Mum is at home all the time and my next door neighbour is my brother :grimacing:
Also we’ve got a good Hermes driver who will drop my brothers parcels to us if he or my sister in law are not in