Delivery drivers followed by tealeaves

If your amzon parcel is being delivered by amzon flex, where someone rocks up with their own car and gets £x for delivering a roll cage of parcels, then if they get any failed deliveries they have to return to the depot with them that day. Which is fine if they live near the depot or are doing another trip but not so good if they have to go back on a special journey with the failure. Hence the reason why they get left, whatever, wherever.
Worked at a few amzon depots, not doing parcels :unamused: , and the selection of vehicles that turn up is crazy, from nissan micras where even the front seat gets filled up, to top of the range BM’s, motorhomes and, believe it or not, actual vans :laughing:
Bit mean I suppose as they only trying to earn some cash, but quite funny seeing some of them get 2/3 of the way down the roll cage and the the car is completely full.
amzon automatically puts them on their courier insurance whilst they are logged on for that job somehow. They have to follow the delivery route / schedule that amzon uploads to their smartphone app.

lolipop:
Never have a problem with deliveries, Amazon DPD and Royal Mail have a parcel tracking facility so we know roughly when to expect their arrival, and with Hermes we have the same local driver who knows who or where to deliver if we are not in.

It is one of the above who have my parcel, only tracking for this particular delivery is “delivery will be tomorrow between 7.00am - 10.00pm” for the last three days by 4.40pm the message comes through that they will tyr again tomorrow.
As also mentioned I was not given the option toupgarde either by the retailer or the courier to upgrade to a tracked service or specify a day.
Tyneside

ETS:
Wait until they start deploying those delivery drones, the 2nd hand drone market on ebay will EXPLOD :grimacing:

I will be polishing the air rifle up and getting the sights set up. :wink:

ETS:
Unbelievable. If only those drivers would take their package back when it’s clear there’s no one home instead of dumping it outside.

We live on a terraced street and we all take packages in if neighbours are not home i see no reason for packages to be left on doorsteps its asking for trouble.

tyneside:

lolipop:
Never have a problem with deliveries, Amazon DPD and Royal Mail have a parcel tracking facility so we know roughly when to expect their arrival, and with Hermes we have the same local driver who knows who or where to deliver if we are not in.

It is one of the above who have my parcel, only tracking for this particular delivery is “delivery will be tomorrow between 7.00am - 10.00pm” for the last three days by 4.40pm the message comes through that they will tyr again tomorrow.
As also mentioned I was not given the option toupgarde either by the retailer or the courier to upgrade to a tracked service or specify a day.
Tyneside

Delivery time of between 7.0 am and 10 pm is the norm for Amazon and once your order has been sent for distribution its then updated when it gets into the hands of a courier,then you get a more definite arrival time slot. With the three I mentioned I have been e-mailed from start to finish with the progress from placing my order to dispatch to courier to estimated time of delivery and finally to saying my order has been delivered. If its Amazon you ordered with you must be missing the delivery option.

manski:
If your amzon parcel is being delivered by amzon flex, where someone rocks up with their own car and gets £x for delivering a roll cage of parcels, then if they get any failed deliveries they have to return to the depot with them that day. Which is fine if they live near the depot or are doing another trip but not so good if they have to go back on a special journey with the failure. Hence the reason why they get left, whatever, wherever.
Worked at a few amzon depots, not doing parcels :unamused: , and the selection of vehicles that turn up is crazy, from nissan micras where even the front seat gets filled up, to top of the range BM’s, motorhomes and, believe it or not, actual vans :laughing:
Bit mean I suppose as they only trying to earn some cash, but quite funny seeing some of them get 2/3 of the way down the roll cage and the the car is completely full.
amzon automatically puts them on their courier insurance whilst they are logged on for that job somehow. They have to follow the delivery route / schedule that amzon uploads to their smartphone app.

Like this fella:

It’s a Hermes driver apparently but I won’t imagine they have different procedures than Amazon - keep increasing volumes/targets for deliveries until it gets to this point

Again I’ll say the price for free delivery :unamused:

ETS:
Like this fella:

For as long…

As I can remember, our Amazon delivery driver has loaded up his Renault Ugly in exactly the same fashion. He’s cheerful, reliable and delivers without fail whatever I’ve asked Jeff to send me. It’s the same with any multi-drop, once you know how to load it, where your drops are and the best way to get them off, it’s a doddle. He can’t see with the N/S mirror or centrally mounted mirror inside but, seeing as the law states (I think I’m right on this) you only need one rear facing mirror then the O/S mirror only is good. Say’s he gets stopped by plod quite alot but has never had a problem.

lolipop:

tyneside:

lolipop:

Tyneside

Delivery time of between 7.0 am and 10 pm is the norm for Amazon and once your order has been sent for distribution its then updated when it gets into the hands of a courier,then you get a more definite arrival time slot. With the three I mentioned I have been e-mailed from start to finish with the progress from placing my order to dispatch to courier to estimated time of delivery and finally to saying my order has been delivered. If its Amazon you ordered with you must be missing the delivery option.

It is DPD delivering on behalf of an independent retailer. As I stated previously the only notification received is via the app and it states delivery between 7am / 10pm. On the 2nd day I rcvd a message advising the delivery would be “soon” that was about 3pm by 4.30 the app said the parcel was back at the depot and another attempt would be made tomorrow. I have contacted the retailer to complain as my contract is with them not the courier.
Tyneside

Delivery drivers are in on it, imo.

rambo19:

While there is no doubt some drivers will be bent i imagine the majority are honest.

dozy:

nickyboy:
I’ve got a sign on my door saying where to leave packages, Amazon are the only ones that have problems following the simple instructions

Yesterday they got closer…

This is in addition to the instructions on my account which Amazon ask for

A pink front door , dear me

Mulberry actually, missus chose it :laughing:

This just in

ETS:

manski:

Like this fella:

It’s a Hermes driver apparently but I won’t imagine they have different procedures than Amazon - keep increasing volumes/targets for deliveries until it gets to this point

Again I’ll say the price for free delivery :unamused:

To be fair, amzon looked a bit neater than that, but similar :laughing:

yourhavingalarf:

ETS:
Like this fella:

He can’t see with the N/S mirror or centrally mounted mirror inside but, seeing as the law states (I think I’m right on this) you only need one rear facing mirror then the O/S mirror only is good. Say’s he gets stopped by plod quite alot but has never had a problem.

I think MOT says must have o/s external and either internal rear view or one on n/s so logically if he cannot see either they could do him I guess. Bit naughty really if he’s going about housing estates etc.

manski:

yourhavingalarf:

ETS:
Like this fella:

He can’t see with the N/S mirror or centrally mounted mirror inside but, seeing as the law states (I think I’m right on this) you only need one rear facing mirror then the O/S mirror only is good. Say’s he gets stopped by plod quite alot but has never had a problem.

I think MOT says must have o/s external and either internal rear view or one on n/s so logically if he cannot see either they could do him I guess. Bit naughty really if he’s going about housing estates etc.

Correct. You need the O/S external mirror, and either the interior or N/S external mirror. You also need an u interrupted view out of your nearside passenger door window…

Bin Man:

rambo19:

While there is no doubt some drivers will be bent i imagine the majority are honest.

I’ve had (a) neighbour show up at my house claiming the post told him they left his package with me which was not the case. He was adamant that I had stolen his thing so called the police and I told them too I didn’t get anything. They said they would contact the post to get a statement from the delivery man/woman - I asked them to get a description of the person they allegedly handed the packet to and promptly never heard anything from anyone which makes me think the delivery guy either cba to find the proper address so binned the package and marked it delivered to neighbor (me) or nicked it himself.

I’ve since put a label on the door only accepting deliveries for THIS address and still had packets thrown in through my open window for a similar postcode but different street (same house nr) and again guy shows up so I hand him the package, 2 weeks later he comes round AGAIN asking hey bud they delivered another one of my packages to your house they mixed up the post code again, however this time there’s no package at my house so I’m confused and he’s giving me the dirty looks. It’s a plague I tell yea

ETS:

Bin Man:

rambo19:

I’ve had (a) neighbour show up at my house claiming the post told him they left his package with me which was not the case.

That is a ■■■■■■ trick i guess the only way round it is to do as you have and put a sigh on the door saying you so not accept packages for anyone else.