Amazon testing drones for deliveries

The future of transport, I can’t see it :unamused:

I just thought, with the amount of takeaways near me the amount of air traffic carrying pizzas, kebabs and curries will be a public safety nightmare. Assuming anyone will be able to afford a takeaway when flying drones have taken their jobs.

Vehicle parts could be delivered.
Your wages in cash.A bank loan.Medicines.
Organ transplant.Blood bags.Emergency drugs for traffic accident victims.
Travel tickets from the travel agent to your door.
Off licence delivery.Boxes of ■■■■.
Dominoes,Kfc to where you park up.
A flying Big Mac.

It’ll never take off. :laughing:

Can’t hurt Amazon to try and get a bit of positive publicity after recent weeks. :open_mouth:

brado18:
Assuming anyone will be able to afford a takeaway when flying drones have taken their jobs.

Things like this and those driverless trucks etc always reminds of a story about Fords.

One of the mangers at Fords is showing a Union Official the new robots on the production line. He tells him “these robots, work 24 hours a day, don’t go sick, don’t want time off and don’t want pay rises, they’re the future”

The Union Official then replies “all very clever, but how many car will they buy?”

Might not be quite correct but I’ve seen many versions

Lmao sounds like he’s watched Star Wars too many times. Can’t see this happening

it’ll never fly :smiley:

In a voice from Lemmings, “Incoming!” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Mmmm,Just imagine the claims for lost fingers when the little brats see these things coming and try to catch/stop them!
That`s before the claims that items were undelivered.
No such thing as bad publicity though.

Bit of a fantasy.

Reality is, assuming they even worked properly, people will catapult rocks at them/shoot them down then help themselves to the free parcel.

rob22888:
Bit of a fantasy.

Reality is, assuming they even worked properly, people will catapult rocks at them/shoot them down then help themselves to the free parcel.

Exactly - I`d be turfing the shed out for my air rifle and keep net. Easy pickings!!

■■■■■■■:

rob22888:
Bit of a fantasy.

Exactly - I`d be turfing the shed out for my air rifle and keep net. Easy pickings!!

Hahaha hope your a good shot!
Think a half brick would be more successful, but… You miss the thing and your brick carries on towards neighbours house or car… Hmm…

Suppose it will give us all something to do with our weekly rests.

Hmmm, how will they find exact house ? I look forward to collecting stuff from a field coz the postcode took the drones there …

I’m looking forward to the era of remotely controlled trucks. The driver sits at home controlling the vehicle, via a joystick and 32" plasma monitor. :smiley:

tachograph:
The future of transport, I can’t see it :unamused:

it works in Afghanistan :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I wonder how the CAA will deal with it… Drones are for killing terrorists not delivering parcels:!:

Pimpdaddy:
I wonder how the CAA will deal with it… Drones are for killing terrorists not delivering parcels:!:

Well rounded summary there!

Anything below 60m is permitted