Amazon at it again!

I think that is quite honestly disgraceful. Im glad this courier company has spoken out no many would for fear of losing business.

what it needs is ALL the companies who deliver into that place to boycott it and refuse to send any deliveries until they come to their senses… I may never deliver there but there is always the possibility, so i have made a mental note to refuse to do it… stick together drivers,

Trukkertone:
what it needs is ALL the companies who deliver into that place to boycott it and refuse to send any deliveries until they come to their senses… I may never deliver there but there is always the possibility, so i have made a mental note to refuse to do it… stick together drivers,

most bosses couldn’t give a toss mate,they won’t say anything to the firms there delivering on behalf.how many haulage firms do know will turn round & say ‘i’m not sending my drivers in there cos there sat about for hours!!!’ NONE!!

Why don’t the drivers just tell them to ■■■■ off■■?

If they told me that they were gonna lock me in a room for upto 4hrs, they’d better be putting handcuffs on me.

Nah, ■■■■ that, I’ll go in my bunk thanks, giz a knock when you’re done.

Don’t trust me not to drive away, I’ll drop the trailer :imp:

merc0447:
I think that is quite honestly disgraceful. Im glad this courier company has spoken out no many would for fear of losing business.

I agree with the above.

This is an appalling way to treat people regardless of the H&S implications. There is absolutely no reason why drivers can’t be accommodated in a supervised area with normal standards of comfort and facilities, as the Amazon management would expect if they were asked to wait for any length of time at one of their suppliers.

I know it’s glib to say it, but a boycott is the only solution. I also know it will never happen.

Personally, regardless of who I was working for I would not tolerate being locked in any room (which I’m pretty certain is illegal - aka detaining a person against his/her will). Especially one with no facilities to sit.

Don’t let them get away with it.

I think the fact there are no seats is wrong. I could not manage for more than 10 minutes without a seat, that is part of why I cannot go back driving, 5 minutes sitting is painful, 5 minutes standing is unbearable and more than one hour in bed at a time is more than I can stand

The Article:
Mr Mathieson added: “When we complained about the locking-up of our drivers we were told this is a security measure, citing the fact that they could not have drivers hanging around the site as they produced high-value merchandise.
“We do not only deliver to Amazon, but also to other sites. The freight we carry for other deliveries is also of high value.
“When we are on-site in Dunfermline, our drivers are not allowed near the vehicles, yet the Amazon employees are allowed into delivery vehicles. Where are our security rights?

Good point…

EastAnglianTrucker:
Personally, regardless of who I was working for I would not tolerate being locked in any room (which I’m pretty certain is illegal - aka detaining a person against his/her will). Especially one with no facilities to sit.

Surely being locked in a room equates to Imprisonment, which I guess only the police are allowed to do?

if your stupid enough to let yourself be locked in a room for up to 4 hours you deserve all you get .
You can have the keys ,I’ll drop the trailer / put on a red line lock / wheel chocks - but lock me in a room - not a chance .

me personally, i would get back in the cab and drive straight back out of the gate if they tried locking me in the room

A story for one of the red top newpapers per chance?

Bad publicity is something Amazon could do without.

Ken.

you are being held against your will, you are being kidnapped. police should have been called and management arrested. end of.

Kidnap is it??

Carrying ‘high value goods’, got keep drivers away from machinery etc,(any excuse), do they not think theirs is the ONLY high value goods on the road, do they think they are the only ones that deal in electronics etc?? Thick ■■■■■■■!!!

What do Currys, comet PC World etc do??

I haul with high value stuff every day and it’s clearly on display on the back of my wagon! :unamused:

Bloody disgrace ,
only hope Fife fire brigade go thru them , at least they have the authority to do something .
And good on the company for speaking out hope they dont get “blackballed” for speaking out .
Dont think its asking to much for a few chairs/sofa maybe even a Tv!

Yet they trust you enough to deliver high value goods TO their premises :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Guessing that courier connections will have a backlash from this.
So I have e-mailed them odffering congratulations for having the balls that most operators lack.
Might make them feel better when Amazon retaliate.

Having a disability and being unable to stand for more than 5 minutes without my walking stick, I’m sure I could do a fair amount of damage to walls and doors with my stick.

If they don’t let me out…I’d trash the ■■■■■■■ place.

we could boycott them in other ways, stop buying off them and let them know why…

Trukkertone:
we could boycott them in other ways, stop buying off them and let them know why…

Boycott Amazon and Abe Books and order online at www.play.com

www.play.com is usually cheper than amazon anyway