Parcel deliveries

Does anyone know who to contact re working for the companies who deliver catalogue orders / amazon ect packages to residential addresses. There’s a woman who delivers stuff around our way here in Leicester, but she works from her car with no sign writing. She seems to have one of those hand held scanners / signature machines that the normal couriers use and mostly has Next and Amazon packages. It must be a good turn as she seems reluctant to give out any info as to who she works for.

I’m guessing she doesn’t work for a courier company (UK Mail, DHL ect) as she doesn’t have a van and she delivers over the weekend.

Also, any one know if DHL still take on car drivers to deliver parcels.

The information is for a friend who is looking for a change, so any advice, experience would be great.

i know that DHL at stockton-on-tees still use car drivers to deliver parcels and they have scanners as well. next and amazon get delivered by parcelnet or hermes as my mates dad does round selby for them in his car. :smiley:

most courier companies employ on a self employed basis, either van or cars welcome.
just contact your nearest company

hermes-europe.co.uk/

T/A parcelnet

Used to deliver to all the couriers garages, outhouses , sheds etc. Then they would deliver via their car. You need to be in a good area to make it pay. When a new catalogue comes out its bedlam.

That job was brutal, come in and the first thing the TM would say is ‘‘the other guy done that route 30 minutes faster’’ good for the other guy ya fat prick. I ended up chucking it - it was job and knock but i was running about bent as 9 bob note all the time.

It usually Hermes yodal and dhl @ home my advice keep well away it won’t pay you enough

You can earn between 50 pence and a £1.00 per parcel ,how are you going to make that pay.