Are amazon struggerling

I have ordered myself some driving trousers so I can at least look a little more professional rather than jeans and t-shirt especially as the weather is getting warmer. I opted for next fay delivery and chose some that were stocked by amazon. all went through ok. then I got an e-mail saying I would be advised of the delivery date at a future time. woke p this morning to an e-mail saying delivery would be between the 14 - 20th of April.

I realise they aren’t essential and other things may take priority but 2-3 weeks is a little strong

I ordered some bits iff there for my lads birthday which is 17th April. Ordered on 31st March, all items “in stock and despatched by Amazon” so not through marketplace, delivery due 5th May :open_mouth:

Weve got the packaging contract for them so we take the smiley boxes into the fulfillment centres. We did 12 loads to various places Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I’m also doing night trunks for an online retailer next week as they need double the capacity.

Online shopping is seemingly doing well. No doubt in a few weeks a lot of those waxing cash away now on stuff will complain that they’re skint and aren’t being helped…

toonsy:
I ordered some bits iff there for my lads birthday which is 17th April. Ordered on 31st March, all items “in stock and despatched by Amazon” so not through marketplace, delivery due 5th May :open_mouth:

Weve got the packaging contract for them so we take the smiley boxes into the fulfillment centres. We did 12 loads to various places Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I’m also doing night trunks for an online retailer next week as they need double the capacity.

Online shopping is seemingly doing well. No doubt in a few weeks a lot of those waxing cash away now on stuff will complain that they’re skint and aren’t being helped…

I guess they are swamped then if your place has done 4 loads of boxes a day roughly.

I am in 2 minds about the order I have worn jeans and t-shirts to work since I started and no one has said anything. Given the situation and what is going on with the company I work for and being agency im wondering if I really need 3 pairs of trousers that’s best part of 50 quid. especialy in another month or so I might be taken on and given some “uniform”.

cooper1203:

toonsy:

I guess they are swamped then if your place has done 4 loads of boxes a day roughly.

I am in 2 minds about the order I have worn jeans and t-shirts to work since I started and no one has said anything. Given the situation and what is going on with the company I work for and being agency im wondering if I really need 3 pairs of trousers that’s best part of 50 quid. especialy in another month or so I might be taken on and given some “uniform”.

Just buy them then keep them as spares, or worst case you’ve got them for the next job? They’ll always come in handy.

Like most places, I believe they’re limiting the amount of stock going out and sending priority items out first.

Noticed that a lot of PRIME items are being delayed.

Cancel the order as these items are not really essential items

Have a look in your attic , we were tidying ours
Out & found 5 of these & 6 boxes of other stuff
!!! Forgot it was there

C2F1B872-FE68-48FE-9E95-DB0A84B9E966.jpeg

My 12 bottles of…

Pinot Grigio and 24 bottles of tonic water with cucumber mixers have taken much longer to arrive than usual.

It’s just not good enough!

yourhavingalarf:
My 12 bottles of…

Pinot Grigio and 24 bottles of tonic water with cucumber mixers have taken much longer to arrive than usual.

It’s just not good enough!

if you give me your address ill pick you some up when I go past Harvey nicks

I’ve found the delivery dates more an arse covering exercise. I ordered a few things this week that said delivery would take couple of weeks and they came in 3 days.

What gets me is they put an announcement up saying there would be delays as they concentrate on delivering essential items. Fair enough…

But can you get hand gel (at anything other than a rip off price?) No. Face masks? Again no. Paracetamol? Haha. They don’t actually appear to be stocking anything that most people see as essential in this crisis so what are they actually doing for the people paying £79 a year other than not providing the service that’s been paid for

SJB:
What gets me is they put an announcement up saying there would be delays as they concentrate on delivering essential items. Fair enough…

But can you get hand gel (at anything other than a rip off price?) No. Face masks? Again no. Paracetamol? Haha. They don’t actually appear to be stocking anything that most people see as essential in this crisis so what are they actually doing for the people paying £79 a year other than not providing the service that’s been paid for

What is so essential that it requires you to pay £79 a year to have it delivered instantly? It’s not hard see why Mr Bezos is one of the world’s richest men when there are so many gullible idiots about, your world will not end if your tat takes 2 to 3 days to arrive.

For your £79 per annum you do get unlimited access to Prime tv with some cracking series and movies on it.

cooper1203:
if you give me your address ill pick you some up when I go past Harvey nicks

How very kind…

Of you coop but, Harvey Nicks? Good grief, only Harrods or at a push Fortnums.

the maoster:
For your £79 per annum you do get unlimited access to Prime tv with some cracking series and movies on it.

Fast and Loud!..

Yeehawwww!

Get you some of that!

Mazzer2:

SJB:

What is so essential that it requires you to pay £79 a year to have it delivered instantly? It’s not hard see why Mr Bezos is one of the world’s richest men when there are so many gullible idiots about, your world will not end if your tat takes 2 to 3 days to arrive.

I pay the £79 per year for the Amazon Prime TV. Excellent value for money and half the cost to watch BBC.
The fact you get next day delivery is just an added bonus.

yourhavingalarf:

the maoster:

Fast and Loud!..

Yeehawwww!

Get you some of that!

Absolutely! As a tramper watching Amazon tv is currently saving me a fortune that I’d otherwise spend in pubs!

Oh hang on a minute…

the maoster:

Basic Netflix for a fiver a month, check out the Ozarks or the one about Pablo Escobar am on a one man boycott of all things Amazon :smiley:

Mazzer2:

the maoster:

Basic Netflix for a fiver a month, check out the Ozarks or the one about Pablo Escobar am on a one man boycott of all things Amazon :smiley:

Fair play mate. My Netflix actually costs me the square root of F all, I have a mates logins :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

We ordered some printer toner so the missus could print them some stuff off for their home schooling.

That came as prime, and arrived the next day. I also tried to order some running socks, but told the delivery date would be the end of April, even though these were down as prime. Guessing they are just prioritising what is more essential, then that goes out first.

I’d have thought they’d be getting run ragged at Amazon now, with everything being closed, the first company that comes to mind of the majority of people when ordering something online would be Amazon I guess??