Shocking set up!

Had a delivery today to Amazon in altrincham anyone else had the joy of delivering to this place? Firstly iv heard the stories about how long Amazon tips usually take but this place took the biscuit today. Was parked up outside for 3 hours before they booked me in then when they did book me in nobody had clue what they was doing and they started arguing… eventually got on a bay and handed my keys and sat in the waiting room watching bargain hunt… 2 hours had passed so I thought I’d go have a look to see if they had started and they hadn’t at this point I was looking out for Jeremy beadle and his camera! I asked them what the crack is and they said they would be starting it soon and laughed it off! So again I sat down… another 2 hours later and guess what? Still nothing! so my planner decided to pull me off the bay then it took them a further 45 mins to find my keys… it’s worth mentioning that part of this place was still being built but still why open for deliveries if they can’t operate correctly?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Standard amazon setup. The one at Doncaster is just as bad if not worse. Some drivers have gone in there as young men and come out in time to collect their pension. By all accounts all their other depots are the same.

fatboystu1:
Standard amazon setup. The one at Doncaster is just as bad if not worse. Some drivers have gone in there as young men and come out in time to collect their pension. By all accounts all their other depots are the same.

Haha your not wrong! Even the shunter driver was sat there twiddling his thumbs

CHILD: " Mummy has Daddy left home, we haven’t seen him for a while now ? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: "

MOTHER " No my little one, he’s delivering a load at … " {insert name of RDC here

As long as companies charge the end user for waiting but many just don’t have the balls due to loosing the work or just don’t bother.

I went into there last week Berty. Still loads of construction on the go.

That reminds me…I need to give them that magnetic barcode thingy back off my door :wink:

I hope firms charge waiting time with waits like that

eagerbeaver:

That reminds me…I need to give them that magnetic barcode thingy back off my door :wink:

Is that the QR thing they give you. One on the driver’s door and one on the trailer they told me…yet I don’t think anyone actually scanned it?!

Amazon Dunfermline was about 2 hours for me…seemed reasonable compared to the horror stories I’ve heard!!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Berty:
it’s worth mentioning that part of this place was still being built but still why open for deliveries if they can’t operate correctly?

Still being built? you mean the amazon building at the world cargo center (MCR Airport) has gone live?

Only started construction on that ■■■■ place not 12 months ago

alix776:
As long as companies charge the end user for waiting but many just don’t have the balls due to loosing the work or just don’t bother.

So true, what worst then speaking up then loosing a contract a driver that knows he will be in work the next day if you don’t listen to him. A small firm learnt that when they wouldn’t listen to me, dump the trailer and went home, next day was fired/let go no work for me.

tommymanc:

Berty:
it’s worth mentioning that part of this place was still being built but still why open for deliveries if they can’t operate correctly?

Still being built? you mean the amazon building at the world cargo center (MCR Airport) has gone live?

alix776:

So true, what worst then speaking up then loosing a contract a driver that knows he will be in work the next day if you don’t listen to him. A small firm learnt that when they wouldn’t listen to me, dump the trailer and went home, next day was fired/let go no work for me.

Ye that’s the one it’s still like a building site in places…

eagerbeaver:

How long was you in there?

Berty:

tommymanc:

Berty:

Ye that’s the one it’s still like a building site in places…

Jesus, they didnt’ ■■■■ about with this one, been ads for jobs on local radios but didn’t expect it to open till after new year.

Pretty much watched that thing being built, makes DHL next door look like a garden shed.

fatboystu1:

Underpaid.jpg

It’s quicker to row the amazon than tip at one of their site :smiley:

I wonder if drivers could do their own contract for excessive waiting time demurrage, bit like this:

Dipper Dave Trucking Ltd
44 Clunge Street
Sticky Bottom
West Midlands
WV6 9BJ

Dear Sir/Madam,
By accepting this driver onto your site for delivery or collection purposes you agree to the following contract.

In that the driver of this vehicle will invoice you for time on site in excess of 2 hours from precise time of entry.

For each complete 30minute period over the aforementioned 2 hours a charge of £10 will be levied against your company.

This charge will be doubled to £20 per 30minute period if the wait should involve the driver being away from the vehicle in a waiting room area.
The charge doubling will also occur if satisfactory toilet facilities are not provided or if any member of staff does not behave in a polite manner towards this driver.

If this contract is not accepted (please sign, print, date to confirm acceptance) then the driver shall at their discretion either reject/refuse/black ball your site and leave or continue to deliver, collect if they feel like it.

Please note Amazon sites will be an instant driver refusal as they are already black balled.

Invoicing will take place via email and late payments beyond 30 days will incur statutory interest and a late fee of £50.

Kind Regards
Dipper Dave.
■■■■■■■■■■ Extraudinaire.

kr79:
I hope firms charge waiting time with waits like that